Tell me again why a college degree is worth any &*$%?????

Discussion in 'Education and Academia' started by Fiorentina lives!, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I hope you enjoyed college, and felt that you learned a lot. As for a job, hang in there. Get involved with things you enjoy, find yourself, and eventually you'll find your niche. You'll look back at this time some day and be happy that you didn't get swept up in a career track at this point in your life.

2. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    [insert complaint about the University of Chicago]

3. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think getting a decent job with a college degree is difficult, then why don't you start trying to get one by telling people you only have a high school degree. My guess is that it just might be a little harder going.

Degrees allow you to apply for certain jobs; I needed a masters degree to even be considered for the job I have (my MA field was irrelevant). That's about it. I don't have a problem with that.

And, by the way, my undergrad career at Wisconsin was a far greater learning experience (in every way) than was the time I spent at George Washington getting my MA, and at a fraction of the cost.