Tel Aviv Derby [R], Ligat ha'Al, 29.10.2006

Discussion in 'Israel' started by Nimrodg, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Nimrodg

Nimrodg New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    ISRAEL
    The most intresting derby in Israel will be played 5 days from now. Maccabi have started the season weak but have blowed Bney Yehuda off the court in the last match with 4-0.
    Hapoel are looking very impressive so far, and it looks like they are ready for this match.

What do you think the score will be in this match, and who will you support? :p

One thing is for sure - the atmosphere will be awesome as always

2. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Update

Hapoel Tel Aviv 1-2 Maccabi Tel Aviv
    Currently in the 53rd minute

Bloomfield is full and the atmosphere is great as usual. Hapoel scored first on a corner. Then Avi Nimni equalised and Moshe Biton gave Maccabi the advantage. There were ten minutes of added time during the first half because of the smoke grenades (they should have played on because it looked awesome) and two red cards during the first half.

3. HapoelFanNYC

HapoelFanNYC New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    israel
    maccabi win 3-1 but in an unconvincing way. they scored 2 of the three goals on counter attacks and played defense most of the game. hapoel on the other hand werent better and they have a horrible defense. both teams need to improve a lot if they want to succeed this season.

4. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is interesting, there seems to be a lot more parity this season compared to last season. Matches like these should be broadcast live outside of Israel. I think that people would have found matches like this, the Bucuresti derby, the Istanbul derby etc. fun to watch and I can't understand why they don't put these on FOX Sports. It is much better than watching Lecce versus Livorno on a Sunday afternoon.

The commentators got into something I kept saying, look around the league. Almost every team has a Maccabi Tel Aviv product that sat the bench at MTA and now is a starter and/or star at their current club. The Cohens are the most recent example of players that are going to watse in Tel Aviv.

5. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    great game!!!

maccabi deserved the win

omer peretz and lior jan impressed me
    nimni was excellant too
    shivhon had a wonderful assist on the third goal