Techne Futbol

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by jvgnj, Jul 23, 2019.

1. jvgnj

jvgnj Member

Apr 22, 2015
    My son's club just signed up for this app. Has anyone else's club done something similar? The gist of it is that a new individual workout is posted every Sunday night and the players can do it as many times as they want. You can record your activity, which is viewable to the coaches (and maybe other players. We haven't been in the app yet). I'd like to think it will be used as a completely optional thing and maybe spur some good natured competition but I'm cynical enough to think it may lead to comments from coaches along the lines of "I noticed little Johnny only put in 20 minutes outside of practice last week." Does anyone have experience with this or something similar?

2. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    At some point I had downloaded the app. However, I never signed up. Sorry I can't help you.

3. jvgnj

jvgnj Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Thanks. Did you sign up on your own or was it club directed? I think the idea is actually pretty cool, but I'm leery of the coaches using it to push kids into doing more work outside of practices than they would like.

4. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    I think I saw it on an add somewhere and it sounded intriguing.

DD's coach (this is for U14 girls) has given them "home work" for the month of July... mile+ runs some days, sprints, jump ropes, push ups, crunches, etc. DD has done maybe 1/2 the days. He just did that via email, no app needed. If the app actually makes things "fun", someone might get some benefit out of it.

5. coachd24

coachd24 Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Have had a club in the area do something similar and I love it. A majority of improvement comes outside of practice and the kids that are really working hard will and should be rewarded.

6. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    If the coach knows kids are doing technical work at home they can focus on tactical work and possession drills at training. I wish my daughters team used this app. Plus the woman who started it has a great story.