News: Teams With Midfielders - The Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ole sticking to Rashford at LW was surprising to me, but I don't think it would have made a difference to how Spurs lined up. Jose always goes w/ 1 attacking FB and 1 defensive fullback. He's been playing Aurier in this role since he came.

Zaha would be pointless, I agree. I think moving Jorginho on would be a mistake, but an understandable one. Jorginho is a luxury in Frank's ideal system, but he's also an experienced, calm dictator of play who would help in some of the more difficult matches (where Chelsea have struggled) and less so against the dross.

2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #102 Ashur, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    The game between Inter and Roma end up being a bit of a disappointment (finished 0-0). But defensively, Roma looked solid, with Smalling once more putting in a very good performance, where he kept the lid tight on Lukaku in particular.
    Also couldn't help noticing Diawara's display as well and if we somehow are not in for the likes of Partey and Ndidi for the holding role in midfield, he's still someone I think we should be looking at.
    The start of his season was hampered by an injury and he was superb today for Roma: tough, cool and collected, showing great passing range and great engine, covering tons of space protecting the defense.
    Just arrived in Rome this season from Napoli so not sure they'd be looking to sell so quickly, but most definitely someone we should be looking at imo. Still very young too (just 22): could become a big deal down the line.

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    our Squad is so average it hurts

auba is great but one dimensional, laca has been shut since his injury and seems a dick head, Pepe is settling in but has promise, we have a load of kids I won’t comment on as it’s too early in their development

ozil is washed, xhaka has one good trait outweighed by many negatives, douzi is a kid but not as good as people think, torreira is ok but often out of position in an 8 role rather than homding.sok, luiz and kol are shit, chambers is not getting a shot at cb and holding is just back from major injury

tierney looks good but bellerin fell off a cliff

Leno has been our best player but he has faced about 50 shots a game so it helps you look good

united were in a state and still are, look how far we are behind Chelsea, let alone Liverpool

but I feel you have the money and pulling power that we don’t. Not sure if our board is worse though. Woodward seems a clown football wise but Raul does nothing to impress me so maybe we are just a shite pair of teams with poor squads ran by idiots?

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I actually thought Jorginho was better than most last season, but it’s not really how Lampard wants to play. If Lampard wants to press and rely on his CMs to be very active when the pressing line breaks, Jorginho simply isn’t the best player for it.

johno repped this.
  5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, I’m not disputing that he’s not a tremendous fit for your ideal manner of play, but his strength is so rare and so useful against the elan of Europe that it seems a shame to be rid of him.

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I understand what you're saying, I'm just not sure Lampard has that kind of a plan B yet. So far what Lampard has been very good at is getting our players to buy into his system and play it pretty well (we've been very good!). But his in game tactical switches (or lack thereof) have gone notably less well, and he has trouble adjusting to teams that we should be able to dominate in midfield - like that crazy Valencia game.

johno repped this.
  7. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    am i the only one unimpressed by reece james?

keep hearing he's special but i don't see it

8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea need Rudiger back, as they cut Everton's lead in half. Game on here.

9. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This person needs to have their voting rights for the end of the year awards revoked...
    [​IMG]
    That's just trolling. Big time! TAA, Aubameyang and Griezmann were his Ballon D'Or choices.

11. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say he must hafiz marikar taken away... or at least the one he's using to mark the player's scores...

12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Must use those guys in fut or something

13. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the main concern when it came to Leicester was goalscoring depth behind Vardy. Perez has helped recently in that department and now Iheanacho appears to be coming into some form as well, finally.
    If that issue has been addressed, then who knows what they can do, if Pool somehow were to falter at some point (not likely now but there's still lots of football left to be played, especially for them). For this season at least, they have enough quality and depth to remain solid in the league, where they can pretty much put all of their focus on (unless they go on a FA Cup run).

15. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Vardy train still firmly on the tracks.

And he'll be 33 in a month.

17. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's back on the juice.

Walia Ibex, johno and Anonymous_United repped this.
  18. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can’t see Levy spending £100m+ on a player. Those talks would be quite short I would think.

19. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe, but if they could work out a player + cash deal involving Toby there is a low chance.

20. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Toby is basically free so no

benni... repped this.
  21. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Pools luck with injuries has to run out. Or they have the best trainers in the world.

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've lost Alisson for over a month earlier in the season and are currently without one of their best mids and players overall in Fabinho. And both times they've managed to cope somehow. Whether we like it or not, that is a clear sign of resilience and determination to win when it comes to this group, probably instilled by Klopp himself.
    The run they've been on the past 2.5 seasons is pretty remarkable and is a testament to that spirit. They go to a CL final, get beat by Real and they come back the very next season and win it. They go toe to toe with City last season in the league, pushing them absolutely all the way,losing the title on the last day with a record point total. And yet they've got back with a brilliant start of the season: it's not always been pretty but they look like they refuse to lose also. Says a lot about the mentality of this team tbh.
    Of course, there is still plenty of time left in this campaign and who knows what can happen and obviously I hope that Leicester (and Rodgers, the irony!) can engineer what looks like a miracle as of today. But also 8pts is not an insurmountable deficit. Question now is whether Pool can remain as tough as they've been and cope with the pressure Leicester (hopefully) will keep putting on them. And they finally meet on Boxing Day, so we'll see.

23. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My thoughts as well. Not in Europe, he's deffo going total bananas w/ the juice.

thebigman and LA. MAN UNITED repped this.
  24. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    if Wenger had a decent doping set up we might of won another couple of leagues

johno repped this.