News: Teams We 10-2 Draw - The Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I doubt 8 in 10 fans could name Makelele's club before Real. Makelele was immensely talented beyond anything Kante might aspire to, let alone achieve.

2. Gnome

Gnome Member+

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Troll

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Well, your opinions on the Chelsea midfield have certainly changed since you were observing it in real time. Amazing how that happens :)

4. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I doubt 49/50 could. I thought it was Marseille.

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2105 Ashur, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Hazard opens the score for Chelsea.

Was about to note about poor Chelsea had been since they scored and Romeu equalizes right on cue.

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've always had respect for Makelele at his best. I doubted Lampard's credentials back then too but shortly thereafter was up in arms about him being cheated out of Balon d'Or

7. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Why?

I loved him then. Thing is back then the premium league was crawling with wonderful midfielders

Then we started to see guys like Anderson

8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea retake the lead right before HT. Cahill.

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    You went farther than to "doubt his credentials", but that's fine. As with Jitty, my point is we remember the past with tinted glasses. Makelele, for instance, was OK on the ball, but never great. His amazing skill was positioning.

You hated Chelsea then. You just like being contrarian. And you're old enough now that players who you tolerated now appear as giants. It happens to us all.

I don't think Kante is as good as Makelele, but he is a very good player for what he does (as what Makelele - he was hardly a fit for all systems). Failing to recognize that has its own biases. It's a bit like people who can't look past Pogba's transfer fee.

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa finally gets back on the scoresheet, with a header from Cesc's cross. 3-1.

11. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That was always fun to see. Even the ref would be all smiles when it came to Makelele.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You say that with a straight face after watching that lasty game where we were denied a stonewall penalty for Cristiano (and yellow card because Umtiti got none of the ball and just kicked him down), yet Ramos gets sent off for a two foot lunge that made no contact.

Mascherano does that three times a match without even a foul given.

I get that we're the biggest club so people jate us and want to see us fail but man.... what barca have gotten away with over the last decade has been disgraceful. Comoletely out of the ordinary. They have never received a penalty against them this season. Neymar was their first send off in two seasons.

Do not compare what they get away with to what we, you or any big club gets away with. It is not even in the same universe.

Teso Dos Bichos and Gilma1990 repped this.
  13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2113 Ashur, Apr 25, 2017
    I don't have a particular bias for or against either Real or Barca, so the victim act is not necessary here, as you're barking up the wrong tree.
    Over the years watching both teams, in La Liga, I've seen both teams get away with a lot, especially when it comes to other teams. I get it, it's pretty much the same in not just every league, but in a lot of other sports as well, with the top teams getting the rub of the green more often than others.
    Neymar's last red and subsequent suspension were warranted. As far as Ramos is concerned, I don't care if his leg breaking tackle didn't make contact, it was extremely dangerous, reckless and it could have seriously hurt Messi, had he not gotten out of the way. Messi was even facing his own goal, so there was no reason for it and his expulsion was therefore completely justified.
    Subsequently, trying to explain himself to the ref, he put both hands to his midsection, to which the ref nodded down and then stared at him, pretty much telling him to take his hands off of him. By the letter of the law, that alone very well should have resulted in further suspension, which obviously he didn't get.
    So don't come here and have the nerve of telling me with a straight face that Real never get preferential treatment one way or another. Or that Barca have it easier than Real. It is what it is and you trying to deny it, playing the part of the poor victim here, is nothing but a joke.

14. Gnome

Gnome Member+

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    If Messi didn't jump over Ramos' two footed lunge, Messi would likely be out for 6-8 months with a broken leg. Real Madrid fans can't accept that their team gets a lot of crooked decisions because they're still upset about Messi skull-********ing them.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Moronic posts like this just shows how butthurt you are about Madrid. Every big team gets calls. Every big team does not get the inane amount barca gets. We get penalties against us. We get send offs. They do not. Period.

I noticed no mention of the penalty we should have received though. You apparently are about equity as long as Madrid are not particpants in receiving it.

Teso Dos Bichos repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Why aren't you as aggrieved thst Cristiano didn't receive a penalty?

That was a stonewall penalty ad game changing.

Why is it that these epistles and explanation are only made when it is anti-Madrid?

Teso Dos Bichos repped this.
  17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're paranoid to think I'm going to lie about the fact I don't have any allegiances one way or another, or that I seem to support Barca over Real, that's on you!
    You need to settle down and take out your frustrations on people who deserve it. Real players and the manager choked, once again: Barca were there for the taking and they couldn't get the job done. Take that shit elsewhere. Like seriously...

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2118 Ashur, Apr 25, 2017
  19. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Real choked. Messi stood tall when it counted.

There's not much else to it. And I say that as a fan of Ronaldo, a player who was sensational for United and brought us a CL trophy. But facts cannot be denied simply because we don't like them.

20. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  21. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC