Team News 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 22, 2017.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The thing is Raffa has developed a chronic type of muscle weakness and from what i seen so far...this type of muscular dysfunction will always show up when u load it up or put yourself under certain amount of pressure week n week out..i bet he cant even complete regular high intensity training..just speaking from my professional experience as a physio...so no matter how much he rests the soft tissue and fiber's will give and go into spasm after a certain threshold if exposed to intense physical demands..so basically the guy needs a very very long and precision-like rehab followed by a player that will carry the load for him...so if and only if he recovers fully ( big if) then we can only depend on him for short periods of time.Once the Ham's go out normally the gastroc's and soleus follow as well..they start going into spasm regulary and specially if u demand a lot from them..its a vicious cycle and u develop nasty trigger points deep into the muscle belly!!
    :(:confused:
    Its actually a bit of a bad luck if u ask me...b/c physically he was pretty damn fit and in shape couple of years ago..not sure what happened out there cause if the root was trauma ( it cant be he's age) granted he is not in he's 20's but something is very wrong again....i swear something fishy is going on with Gladbach's rehab team...this guy suddenly just fell apart and from what we see...id say they didnt get right away to the root of the problem...till it turned into a chronic muscle issue that pretty much flares up constantly now and when he puts in a few games back to back:mad:

Bananenflanke repped this.
  2. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #177 Bananenflanke, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    if I remember correctly (that was after an English commentator's remark when we played at Leicester) I only told you that he always looked sleepy in pre-season and that this will be gone when season starts...
    and it did, he scored 7 in 19 matches (+1 in the cup)... so don't blame me ;-)))
    but, yes, just 19 matches... even less in full shape .. the injuries!!!... well, that's a totally different story!!! of course!!! ;-))) he never was exceptionally injury prone so far... mea culpa, I didn't see it coming... in TV on sunday Eberl announced to look out for a new striker in summer! f-i-n-a-l-l-y! and he especially mentioned Raffa's injuries! he just didn't see it coming either ;-)
    to be honest: it's just not working this way! you don't store an offensive player of Raffa's class just for the case he might be injured a lot... not at 32! not with our budget... not with a well earning Drmic in the squad (wether he is of help or not, he's getting his money) ... not to forget: players are no furniture... if Raffa and Stindl are in best shape the forwards (who theoretically are willing to sign for Borussia at all) know that they themselves most likely will be benched... and they sign elsewhere... what you realistically get in this situation is the class of Terodde, Bobadilla or ... Larin
    winter break is another story: Raffa's health, Boba's health, Villalba's health and Drmic' constitution weren't hidden... and that Stindl would fall in a slump having played every match and hasn't gotten any rest in summer thanks to Jogi wasn't hard to predict... we should have loaned someone, yes we should

anyway: Eberl told, it's not certain that the club signs a classic center forward (like requested very often) and it overall depends on the money: if 30M come in they will be reinvested in one (or two) new striker(s)... [ah, edit: Hans-Gunter already put it up above]
    but 30M wherefrom? Hazard.. and who else? I think in at least one case Eberl is going along with you... if there is a substantial bid he's not putting obstacles in Thor's way...

3. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    totally agree!
    except for the last part: Cuisance wasn't benched, he was ailing

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes correct.I came across Cuisance and he's injury later.I hope nails the kid with a good contract he is going places...he's explosive technical and plays with a lot of pride...something that u dont see nowadays...he just beg's to tear it up btwn the lines and create all sorts of trouble for whoever is playing against him!

;):D:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::devilish::alien:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1st Bundesliga - Player of the day

Christoph Kramer
    Bor. Mönchengladbach
    He also had a little smile, after all, Christoph Kramer has made in the Bundesliga so far no name as a successful distance scorer. "I wanted to score on goal," he admitted. But that the ball is unsustainable in the angle of the Hannover case, so he had not necessarily expected. And so it was for the 27-year-old then also "a hard-worked lucky shot."

The Gladbacher goal scorer was both thanks and ridicule of his teammates certain. Even coach Dieter Hecking stated with a wink: "The fact that Chris with such a left skin out, is incomprehensible.Something he can not normally, even in training." It was Kramer in Hanover, the most dangerous Gladbacher, failed after a remarkable solo and with another long-range shot. "With a bit more luck," he says, "I would have scored a hat-trick." --->>>> ( Typical Kramer at he's best ) That would have been too much of a good thing<----:alien::devilish:
    ;):D:D:D:thumbsup:

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    speaking of 'correct': I spoke of 0 scorerpoints for Cuisance so far, in fact he has one assist to his credit
    Cuisance is a diamond, no doubt about that... I just think we shouldn't expect too much from him this season... next season? massive breakthrough!!! ... and Pep already is licking his fingers :-(((... he invited him to City and spoke to him personally before Cuisance signed for Borussia
    the thing is: on the one hand we really need the double-six of Kramer and Zak for stability ... on the other side Cuisance could be the one who gives the significant creative impulses for our often predictable offensive play ... but whom should Dieter take out in this case? can he play on the wings? I think he's much better in the center! should we do without the wingers in midfield? (they are out of form or injured anyway) and limit our wing backs to pure defending? (I have no idea if this works) or can he take Raffa's part? could be! I still think he's better with one goalhungry 'customer' in front of him... maybe we should give Stindl a break and try Cuisance plus Boba in front ;-)
    I'm kind of sorry for Stindl at the moment... he's trying to get a place for Russia but his good performances for the national in the summer aren't helping as they should... in fact they are preventing him from shining as he could because he is exhausted... but still working like a horse... he's the captain and he leads and never stops... he is all over the pitch... conquering balls... passing balls... no wonder scoring also isn't that easy ... sometimes it looks as if he has to pass in the open space and finish the job himself... too many jobs at the same time at the moment ...

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Drmic? I have another feeling :-(... which is a great pity... his attitude to work his way back is extraordinary... most of us had high hopes back then... in hindsight the money was wasted (not Drmic' fault) it seems but who saw it coming?

I don't see any of the others leaving
    Veste perfectly fits into the club's philosophy, I like him very much, but he might be a little bit to slow on the first inches to make it to the money clubs... maybe still too much positional errors, too... but you never know, the English still like the big guys in defence
    we're gonna lose Cuisance but not this summer, no way... ditto Zak
    Kramer: My generally dreaded verbal wit [pun?] would be useless in England. That's one of my strenghts and overall a substantial argument.
    the youngsters apparently already are well instructed, too :)
    Egbo: I already told Eberl that I'll stay as long as he wishes me to stay.
    very interesting interview with Mandela here: http://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussb...o-traeumt-vom-bundesliga-debuet-aid-1.7418576
    a remarkable & straight guy... I really hope he's gonna make it permanently!

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    More time goes by the more your opinion of Drmic may be true...very sad thu.. u think for a guy with he's experience and capacity...playing at a club like gladbach..why would he not put in the work and sweat?????
    Egbo seemed confused and out of place..even gave away a very critical ball close to our box...but it was understandable ...he was only on for a few min...would like to see more of him..and poor Stindl the guy gots he's tail on fire...what i fear is injury...he is no robot or cyborg...the load he is carrying and his physical style of play can finally get him into trouble.
    If somehow just somehow Max can keep Cuisance at the club longer...then ill be bowing to him.Cuisance can very soon be a total all rounder and a game changer !
    :sneaky::p:Do_O:ninja::ninja::devilish::alien::alien:

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok so suddenly the Drmic topic is getting momentum in my head!
    Obviously we paid a "very good " chunk of money for him..at least according to Gladbach's way of life and standards...so here is the questions first off ..why did we buy him for such a price and when he was nowhere close to the top striker he was once what could possibly convince our manager's and scouts to cough up such an amount for a player that was entering his decline???And secondly we must be still paying him a good salary...so whats the deal ?? And no other club is even interested in him...so if he is so bad are we stuck with him..is this a super mini identical situation to the Luuk De Jong clusterfack ??? :cautious:
    I was (for some unknown reason) and had this gut feeling he will come thru and suddenly surprise us all and turn into a monsters of sort ( not a scoring machine but a huge help up front)...but he seems very comfortable with the status quo and just making guest appearances every now and again:eek::confused::eek::confused::speechless::speechless:

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have one of his shirts from a game vs Wolfsburg that he scored in and I was at.

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And u didnt get him to drop an autograph on it?????
    ;):speechless::ROFLMAO::ninja:

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bought it later thru the auction site. One day I'm going to get it framed with my match tickets.

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You have to give Hecking load's of credit for this comment.

Hecking: "We do not have the level to keep up"
    ""We have to improvise again and again," said Hecking, naming the unpleasant episode that results from the numerous failures: "It means that we currently have not the level to keep up with the teams at the top." :(

I think even picking up 10 points from the remaining 27 points would be much hopeful thinking.Even draws would be nice specially at home!
    Looking at the teams that are coming out of the cage for us.....its not going to be fun one bit!

Clear words of the coach, after so far had always been referred to the quality and depth of the squad. But the loss of substance is becoming increasingly obvious, the team it is increasingly difficult to compensate for the failures. The gap to sixth place is now four points, in fourth place, there are already proud seven counters. The match at Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday could thus be the last chance in the race for a top 6 finish. If things go wrong, it is almost hopeless to be able to secure a return to Europe by finishing seventh. According to current status he is enough for the international business.
    :confused::speechless::(:sick:o_O

15. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So is it safe to say...out of all available players that we scouted and eventually selected to sign and hire...we managed to gather the most genetically weak and fragile and frail players???? In this day and age...how is it possible to be so young and so weak both muscular and skeletal...which makes u wonder about other players currently playing in the Buli...are they robots and super humans??? If so how did Max and co manage to perfectly leave out the robots and super humans for other outfits to hire...and we only hired the "Jello like" softie girlie players??????

18. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    broken bones can happen. That said; as to the rest of the story I continue to feel like Max should be fired for cause. The larger issue is that the Buli is being drained of talent, competition and interest from pillar to post and nobody who should be concerned seems to be doing a damn thing to address it and stop it.
    I suppose nobody will notice until Bayern is given the title without even needing to play the schedule..............................

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree to the above and can even expand...but it will get political and both u and i are too smart to even go down that road...its like banging your head into a submarine bunker!

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who will be fit for the key match against Hoffenheim in good time?
    Hecking: puzzle and rebuild

The concrete planning and the tactical alignment to the key match against Hoffenheim on Saturday (15.30, LIVE! At kicker.de) Dieter Hecking has put back a little. After all, the Borussia coach does not know exactly which players to build 24 hours before kick-off.

[​IMG]
    Appeals for the return of Raphael: Gladbach coach Dieter Hecking.
    © imago[​IMG]
    Basically, the Gladbacher coach says it was "not good if you called players who were injured and only two or three days back training, as start-up candidates."

Now that Denis Zakaria also fails with a thigh in his thigh, the central midfielder will be rebuilt against Hoffenheim. Christoph Kramer could not train much because of a knee injury during the week, but is not excluded his use against Hoffenheim. Next to him Mickael Cuisance could show up again, who has done a lot of good for the team with his fresh ideas.

Of course, the foals are particularly hard hit by the loss of Jannik Vestergaard, who proved to be a stable player in the defense and almost irreplaceable. The hole could stuff either Tony Jantschke or Nico Elvedi, but of course both would be missing on their last occupied outside positions.

Not excluded that Oscar Wendt can take his post left in the back four again; the Swede already returned to the team training on Tuesday. However, there will be no talk of hard competition among the foals. "If we had fewer injured," sports director Max Eberl thinks, "then there would be a good competitive situation." The squad has a good size with 26 players. "

Practically throughout the season, however, Borussia accompanies an enormously long list of injuries, which makes those responsible ponder. "Of course we analyze some factors," says Eberl. "But it remains to be noted that we have significantly more injuries than muscle injuries."

Enormously important would be the return of Raffael on offense against Hoffenheim, after Borussia had recently shown extremely imaginative and harmless in the last third before the opponent's goal.

Whatever the line-up, Dieter Hecking may not call the match against the table-tennis player as the final for Europe. "It would be great if we beat Hoffenheim and that's what I'm counting on," said the Borussia coach. "But if we do not win, we still have enough games to reach a European place."

And after the international break, the staffing situation should relax a bit again with the foals.

:thumbsup::eek::rolleyes:o_O:alien::cautious::devilish::ninja::speechless::x3:

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    SHOCKER!!!!!!
    Herrmann out,collateral lig's of ankle joint have been screwed...just when he was being crowned as "Hollywood Killer"
    Ad Stindl to the long list of missing players not theu injury tho but he has picked up his 5th...am not sure how we are going to survive the AA onslaught !

:geek::geek::ninja::eek::oops::confused::whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::cautious::cautious::sick::sick::sick:

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Done and dusted, at least we didnt have to wait for long...so the genius has spoken and seems like this crew and unti is fit to remain intact FFS!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::mad::(:(:(

Eberl: "There will be no radical change"

A look at the table shows that more is at stake for Dieter Hecking's relegation-threatened former club VfL Wolfsburg than for his foals. But it is clear that the season's final spurt for Borussia Mönchengladbach and his head coach still holds a lot of explosive. On Friday evening against Wolfsburg, the Borussia want to bring about a change of mood.

[​IMG]
    Foal coach Dieter Hecking (left) and sporting director Max Eberl at the annual general meeting last Monday.
    © imago[​IMG]
    Unforgettable in Mönchengladbach are the pictures after the hard-fought 2-1 win against Hertha BSC in their most recent home game. Although Borussia had bagged the three points, but not just delivered football from the delicatessen, which at least brought parts of the fans on the palm. Some followers, quite angry, sought out the conversation with the pros and discussed the style of play they did not like at all.

It was followed by the not unexpected significant dissipation of record champions Bayern Munich last weekend (1: 5). So now the Gladbach professionals are under observation. "In Munich, I was particularly annoyed that we were not disciplined enough and did not keep our order and we were punished for that," Hecking recalled.

The coach, who looked back at the upcoming opponents of three and a half "very pleasant years", expects from his current team, above all, "that the tension remains high with us". The Borussia coach admonishes: "After all, we are still facing opponents who are in great demand, and of course we also want a good end to the season."

Player Quartet back in the squad
    In the final phase, the previously often very difficult personnel situation relaxes. World Champion Christoph Kramer, who has often failed due to various injuries, is certainly available against Wolfsburg. The squad also includes Ibrahima Traoré, Laszlo Benes and Tobias Strobl on Friday: "All three," said Hecking, "are fully in training and thus an alternative for the Wolfsburg game."

Feel full confidence in my work.Gladbach coach Dieter Hecking

Also to his current emotional state, the coach expressed in advance of the game. "Even though things are not going so well, I feel very comfortable in Mönchengladbach, and I feel confident in my work," said the 53-year-old.

It is also clear that in the season analysis must be worked up, why Borussia remained behind the expectations of many observers.

"In summer we will analyze everything in detail," announced sporting director Max Eberl. "But I want to immediately distance myself from the concept of radical upheaval, which certainly will not be necessary, but it is also clear that we have to make the right decisions for Borussia."

23. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pretzelogic.

24. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    it's hard to separate the sleeping pills for media and supporters from what the club leaders REALLY THINK
    at least I hope there is something to separate because if Eberl's explanations to the media over the last days are the REAL STUFF we might have a serious problem...
    after last week's comments from Eberl it's no surprise that the club is planning to start into the next season with Hecking (most likely without a contract extension) ... but now additionally Max swore allegiance to Dieter... while I favour such behaviour on a personal basis from mensch to mensch I don't think it's a smart move for a sporting director because there are really bad vibes around the club at the moment on many levels (only the finances are fine)... I can't remember that much disgranted tension after a match we actually won (the last at home vs. Hertha)... some further anaemic performances (however I expect a 'reactio'... again) and the club is in really rough waters... why leaning out of the window? fanculture and society has changed whatever one might think of that...

Eberl said that there cannot be any automatism for Borussia to play internationally each season... and he is right, of course... but he's missing the point (I don't know if deliberately or undeliberately)... there is a lot of talk regarding 'identity' right now respectively the lack of it in view of our style of play... and regarding dedication (sychronized soccer without 1on1s... like in Munich... and so on) ... that's why people are diseffected and frustrated...
    and while the injury problem sounded reasonable for quite some time it more and more sounds like a worn-out & blown up bad excuse... yes, it's part of the problem but it's far from being the whole problem

Dieter is feeling "very well" at Borussia... seriously? sorry, but the team is lacking a certain oomph for quite some time now (it started earlier in the long run but at the latest after the homewin against the Hoenesses it gathered pace)... how can you feel comfortable with that?
    his last long interview was relaxed and level-headed but his analysis injury-focused again ... good times are inevitably coming (he assures) ... sorry, I'm not buying it as a whole
    anyway maybe the situation/mood behind the walls of Borussia park is totally different (Eberl indicated that Hecking freaked out in the locker after our last away-match)

anyway: "no radical" change... yeah, we all know... it's just not doable in MODERN PROFESSIONAL soccer... but Max might fulfill two or three of Dieter's wishes
    I just hope we start decently into next season because if not we might have a Hecking-suited squad and suddenly need a new coach who then might call this squad "unsuited"...

LuckyStriker and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The key here is that "the finances are fine". Lots of teams do not have that luxury and quickly end up riding the relegation elevator. Look at 1860 Munich for one. Or Darmstadt.