Team News 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 22, 2017.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My friend " Robert Friend " he was called..and he was a great striker ( specially brilliant during he's spell at Borussia )and to me he could punch away above he's weight even in the top flight..specially dominant in air ...an area we have totally abandoned ...not sure ( besides Vesti) who has been outstanding in the air for us??? Another reason we are also toothless at corner kicks!

:eek::(:confused::mad::sneaky::cautious::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::speechless::speechless::ninja:

2. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    thanks, but I already knew the name, my friend ;-)))))))))))
    especially as I quite often defended him when someone called him "hüfsteif" ('hip-stiff') which happened all the time ... of course they were right but you can't have it all (especially back then)
    I definitely agree, he was a really good fit for the team we had back then ... and I always liked him
    the thing is: he was best when we played 2.Bundesliga, when we were superior to most of our opponents, opponents which allowed us to serve Rob a lot of crossballs
    our recent team is way ahead in terms of quality!!! (with the only exception of fighting spirit, manliness or whatever one might call this... I remember Rösler f.e., yes, limited but a badass 'Kampfsau') and the opponents Borussia is expected to beat are much stronger... and the team is playing a totally different style... not to forget that soccer generally changed over the years...
    yes, there is a revival of target strikers, but nonetheless I'm pretty sure Friend wouldn't have the slightest chance to get any playing time except as a crowbar in overtime (the job Boba has now)... and Larin isn't either if he has no more to offer than Friend

nothing new regarding Oxford... as usual I'm not well informed but I talked to some people (supporters, of course, not officials) ... contrary to my gut feeling more or less everybody was pretty sure that Oxford is coming back the next days... according to rumors Eberl was in London yesterday
    I would like to see him grow into our team but I'm not feeling well with anything in the range of 10M (... I would prefer they steal Uth from right under S04'S nose instead)

3. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    you are right, Favre wasn't interested in this 'old style' disciplines at all and we were weak in this regard under Schubert, too... that's why I welcomed Veste and accepted his weak points quite easily and that's why I welcomed Bremser, too
    we are still not great but nevertheless on a new level already
    Ginter f.e. is a threat in the air, too...no header for Borussia so far, but several for his previous clubs
    I think one shouldn't punished such scoring opportunities with ignorance but you shouldn't rely on them to much either

à propos Ginter: he is leading both the stats (first half of the season) for "fairest defender" and "best scoring defender"... I still miss Christensen but Ginter did well

OPTA by the way has chosen the statistically best team/eleven of the calendar year 2017 (please don't ask how reasonable this is)... scroll here https://twitter.com/borussia... Stindl and Veste! are in...

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do i need twitter for it?? I never had facebook,twitter or instagram...i have no use for them!
    As for Vesti i think he's weaknesses have been cleared up do a great amount...pretty happy with it actually.But i certainly think we need loads of work in the corner and set piece dept...these are opportunities that teams make the best of it...and all we need to look is this...so many goals against us has been thru corners and the build up after set pieces and cracking under the pressure that comes with it in our box! :cautious::sneaky::eek::whistling::speechless::devilish::alien:

5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have an autographed BMG hat from him.....

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    ah, I was focused on offensive heading... you're right: defending headers is still bad ... too much rattling in the box ;-)
    another interesting thing: our defense scored eight goals this season... our midfield just 3!
    set pieces: I always had the feeling that this topic has not yet been fully exploited... by the whole soccer world! maybe it's to time-consuming...
    Veste is better than most expected... and he is really able to play exact long balls (who would have thought!)... yes, he has his mishap every few games and certainly isn't as gifted as Christensen... but plain & simple: he wouldn't play for us without his weaknesses... that's the case with most of our players
    twitter: just click and scroll!... generally speaking I have no use either

7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Borussia bid for: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andreas-poulsen/profil/spieler/345746 (according to KICKER)... possibly a winter-transfer... the frequently demanded Wendt-competitor ... I hoped we're gonna switch to back three next season but that doesn't seem to be the plan...

Kramer: "I'm going full steam ahead, fresh and good-looking into the second half of the season." ;-)

Oxford seems to be injured... officially at least *cough*

8. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Farcenal, Tottenham Hotmess and Inter if the reports are to be believed. ( I don't )

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope these are nothing but rumors ...but lets face it since the guy arrived at Gladbach he has performed at a very high level..and also Gladbach is the one destination most scouts look for talents that can be brought to the next level and rich leagues/clubs with deep pockets...i wouldnt be surprised at the same time..if Vesti is on the radar of some of these clubs !
    :confused::mad::(:sick::thumbsdown::speechless:

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Error from West Ham United? Reece Oxford can only switch to Gladbach!!!!!!!:p;):rolleyes:o_O:D:devilish::ninja::alien:

West Ham United[/a] has apparently made a serious mistake in the negotiations in the Reece Oxford case . The Englishman can now only switch to Borussia Mönchengladbach.

In the first round, Oxford played for Gladbach, but was then ordered back in the winter to the Hammers. Since then, Gladbach and West Ham are in negotiations for a new loan or even a fixed transfer of the 19-year-olds.

While the player likes to go back to Gladbach according to various media, the English are apparently planning to sell Oxford for a larger sum to finance their own reinforcements for the relegation battle. These plans have failed.

Eberl: "We are waiting now"
    The fact that Oxford was used in the FA Cup, he ran in the current season already for two clubs. According to the FIFA Statutes, a change to a third club is no longer possible. West Ham thus has only one possible negotiating partner - and Gladbach suddenly all cards in the hand.

Bild. Der Manager weiß nun um seine gute Verhandlungsposition. Für West Ham bleibt nur noch die Alternative, Oxford bis Sommer zu halten." data-reactid="27" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em;">"Reece can not play for three clubs in one season, we now wait and see." Sporting director Max Eberl said on the image . The manager now knows about his good bargaining position. For West Ham, the only alternative is to keep Oxford until summer.

12. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I highly doubt that the English are dumb nuts like that!
    but the whole occurence is a little bit mysterious... that's for sure
    Zak, who became a close friend, told that Oxford "definitely wants to come back" and according to rumors he made this pretty clear at West Ham...
    if he did this in a proper way... that I don't know (a strange injury... a match where he "looked like he doesn't want to be here"... but that's all speculation)
    anyway: he is expected to be back this week

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #163 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    :thumbsdown::whistling::whistling:o_O
    Sippel "not like a season ticket holder"

In Frankfurt, Tobias Sippel once again proved that he can be relied on when needed. Perhaps the number two Borussia is also on Saturday against RB Leipzig between the posts.

[​IMG]
    Ready when needed: Gladbach substitute keeper Sippel against Frankfurt Jovic.
    © imago[​IMG]
    The game was fast for Yann Sommer. Right at the beginning of the game in Frankfurt, the bar had reported to the Swiss and made the replacement a short time later inevitable. "Yann could not play long balls in the back, so the change was necessary," explained Dieter Hecking after the final whistle. Sommers Aus meant for Sippel the third use this season. In the 2-0 against VfB Stuttgart in the first round of the 29-year-old summer had represented between the posts, even in the subsequent 1: 6 in Dortmund.

"I am prepared for such a case"
    The difference: Back in the days before the match it was clear that Sippel would play. This time it was a cold start. For Sippel also no problem. The former Lauterer came immediately to operating temperature. "It's not like sitting on the bench like a season ticket holder and looking at the game in peace - as a goalkeeper you are always focused on something that can happen and you come in at short notice, that's why I'm here too prepared for such a case, "said Sippel.

He then did his job in the usual manner. Unruffled and reliable. "It's always annoying to change the goalkeeper, but Tobi did well," Hecking said. Sippel himself also agreed with his performance: "It was okay for me not to play for such a long time, of course there is always room for improvement, but I think the boys have noticed again that they rely on me can."

Use against Leipzig probably
    Next Saturday, when the foals arrive in Borussia-Park RB Leipzig, Sippel's services may be needed again. It is not yet possible to estimate whether summer will be available again. "Maybe it was just a precaution so it does not get any worse, so we need to see how things are going in the next few days," said Sippel.

Jan Lustig

Gladbach coach quarrels with the referee team
    Hecking: "We have to accept it again"

The 0: 2 on Friday night at Eintracht Frankfurt was already the fourth away defeat in a row for Borussia Mönchengladbach. The foals were impressively superior in the second 45 minutes - but failed to reward themselves for it. Afterwards, the frustration of coach Dieter Hecking was also the referee team to Marco Fritz.

[​IMG]
    With Gladbach on Friday in Frankfurt the fourth away defeat in a row: coach Dieter Hecking.
    © imago[​IMG]
    Dieter Hecking was struggling for composure. He did not want to say anything wrong now when he stepped in front of the television cameras in the belly of the Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena this Friday evening. The scene after just over an hour in Eintracht penalty between Kevin-Prince Boateng and Jannik Vestergaard? "For me it's a clear penalty," said Hecking, but added: "We have to accept it again - this is the fourth or fifth time in recent weeks." The fourth or fifth time that Hecking saw a penalty for his team.

Gladbach on offense too negligent
    But the truth also belongs: His Gladbacher dictated the game in the second round and robbed Frankfurt of the air, but negligently dealt with their options. Of course, Hecking had also recognized that. "We neutralized ourselves in the first half," he said, adding, "We can not agree with the second half because we have to score goals from superiority."

"The bottom line is zero points and that is very annoying.Gladbach coach Dieter Hecking after the 0: 2 in Frankfurt"

Patrick Herrmann, who failed to reach the top of the crossbar in less than an hour, still managed to do so, as did Thorgan Hazard, who also only hit the crossbar in the final quarter of an hour from the penalty spot.

"Frankfurt has not taken place," said Hecking. In fact, the Hessen were busy in the second section, only to defend their own goal. Ultimately, the statistics showed 8:14 shots from SGE point of view - but 2: 0 hits. That's why Hecking said, "The bottom line is zero points and that's very annoying."

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some good news finally!!!!:eek::D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Oxford is back in Gladbach and has left the EPL till end of the season for now:rolleyes:

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    on the one hand I like to see him back on the other hand this whole fuss was a little bit ridiculous... and most likely there is no clause to buy him at the end of the lease term... so if he shines we never see him for longer...
    Gumny wasn't signed yesterday because of medical reasons... the club didn't want to take a risk... right so, given our history of injuries... still can't believe the spread transfer fee of 6,5M... if this money is available why didn't we loan a striker like Dortmund (f.e. one of the permanent benched forwards of the money clubs)???
    stakes are high right now... CL is still in reach...

LuckyStriker repped this.
  16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely agree with your points...maybe i have long given up on Max trying to open he's eyes and see our weakness in attack...so when a loaned defensive player comes back i get happy..which at the end of the day will leave us...just like the 3 that left us for the EPL,Mr.Christensen.At this point even Boba is not functioning as expected...as little of a role we all hoped he may create...unless he as well needs more trust of the coach and playing time!
    :(:confused:

LuckyStriker repped this.
  17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gladbach's defender injured his foot
    Elvedi is lucky in bad luck

Next problem child at Borussia Mönchengladbach: Nico Elvedi has injured himself in the game against Borussia Dortmund (0-1) at the foot. The defender underwent a nuclear spin investigation this Monday. It turned out that Elvedi was lucky in misfortune. Nevertheless, there is a threat of a deficit in the defensive sector.

[​IMG]
    For the nuclear spin examination in the hospital: Gladbach's injured defender Nico Elvedi.
    © imago[​IMG]
    The first route led Nico Elvedi on Monday not to leak into the Borussia Park, but to the hospital. Appointment for a Kernspin examination of the foot, which the Swiss had injured in the closing stages of the match against Borussia Dortmund. Just after the final whistle coach Dieter Hecking had expressed concern that Elvedi might have gotten worse: "If one of our players limps off the field, I think everything is possible right now." Nico said he fell over and cracked it never a good sign. "

But now there was a more accurate diagnosis: Elvedi was lucky in misfortune, suffered "only" a ligament strain in the ankle joint. It is not broken and nothing is broken. There is hope that the defensive player after a short break in training already on Saturday in Hannover again.

Borussia between hope and fear. A failure Elvedis would increase the already significant injury problems again. Especially in the defensive sector threatens a bottleneck. Elvedi, who was actually at home right-back, moved to the left side against Dortmund again because Oscar Wendt (muscle tear in the thigh) and Tony Jantschke (heavy bone bruise in the knee joint) were not available for this position. For Jantschke, who failed at short notice, Reece Oxford slipped into the starting eleven and took over the right defense. With the long-term injured Fabian Johnson (training backlog after protracted back problems) and Mamadou Doucouré (postgraduate training after a muscle tear) eliminated two further options for the full-back positions, Hecking go out the alternatives.

Am suddenly laughing at all this...and not so mad anymore..lol
    :ROFLMAO::eek:

18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    it seems we are totally out of stock in terms of 'educated' wing backs
    RP is speculating about a combination from London: Ox (RB) & Egbo (LB)
    but Elvedi & Jantschke might be back soon
    à propos Ox: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...eece-oxford-courts-attention-atletico-madrid/

Doucouré: "I expect him back not before next season. Players who are fit on paper are nowhere near being ready to play if they were injured that long." says Dieter

acc. to EXPRESS (tabloit) FC Seville and Atletico Madrid are interested in Hazard
    the article has a quote from Thor: "Colleagues from England tell me that Bundesliga is a big league. We have the best stadiums, the besten infrastructure and the atmosphere on the stands is hotter than in England.“ nothing regarding the current quality of Bundeliga-football, that's very kind of him! ;-)))

Kramer doesn't think the current situation should be called a 'crisis' (really?) ... when Hecking came, that was a crisis, he explains...
    Zak in contrast is ok, with the 'crisis'-wording

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would be interesting ( considering our current situation) how many of the lad's that are picking up attention from abroad will actually stick around???Lets face it at the end of the day club diamond & insignia and colors dont matter no more and most players love to ride on the rich gravy train of spain and EPL.That being said i dont thing Thor will explode else where..and that he has not reached he's full potential here at BMG ( if he actually has a few more gears to show us) i think if thor has anything left in he's tank...he is much better staying put here in Germany.
    Anyway am not counting on securing a spot in Europe next season...unless we start right away at 96 with a solid winning streak..which that seems like a but of miracle..more than that little miracle the New York Jets pulled off against Miami several years ago when they where trailing Miami by double digits...anyway it is a very interesting season one way or another b/c at the end of this season there will be a massive shake up in many areas ( with or without Europe in the mix)
    I just hope we dont lose Cuisance,Lars,Sommer ...Wendt most likley will retire here so will Raffa.One thing i still have a lot of hope over ( not sure why tho) is Drmic...i just have a feeling he still has something up he's sleeve...he just needs to score that first goal!
    Kramer as well is here to stay.We also need to make sure Veste stays at the park too!
    ;):eek::D:cautious::ROFLMAO::sneaky::p:speechless::alien::alien::alien::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

A win at 96 is extremely crucial...we are at the tipping point of the season..and if our backs are not against the wall at this very moment ....then am not sure when it will be??? A win away to 96 seems like the last station this train will stop at and has a chance to fill up its coal caet in order to fuel up for the intense journey ahead...lets see if the boys see it as such and forget about their 911's and Audi's and Beemer's parked outside in the parking lot:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not sure if am reading btwn the lines correctly but seems like there is no place for Stindle & Ginter at the World Cup in Russia!!!
    Anybody has more to add to this??
    :eek::confused:

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oxford's return is paying off

Behind the use of Nico Elvedi in Hanover is still a question mark. At least on Reece Oxford, the Borussians can build in the occupation of the full-back positions.

[​IMG]
    Currently urgently needed: Reece Oxford.
    © imago[​IMG]
    How good for Borussia that Max Eberl remained persistent until the last minute. Although West Ham United had proven to be an uncomfortable negotiating partner in January, the sporting director did not want to give up in the tough struggle for Reece Oxford. Eberl's persistence is paying off these days: Oxford is urgently needed to fill the full-back positions. Also in the game at Hannover 96 on Saturday, the young Englishman should defend right in the back four.

Staff shortage on the full-back positions
    There is personnel shortage on the full-back positions. Yesterday, coach Dieter Hecking announced that Tony Jantschke (severe bruise in the knee joint) is not enough for a job in Hannover. In addition there are the long-term injured Oscar Wendt (muscle tear in the thigh), Fabian Johnson (back problems) and Mamadou Doucouré (bodybuilding after muscle injury). On Friday, Nico Elvedi, who has contracted a capsule and ligament extension in the ankle against Dortmund, will first be given a test of endurance, which will provide information on whether the Swiss travel to Lower Saxony makes any sense at all.

The only remaining fixture at the moment is Oxford: Hannover will be his sixth competitive match for the foals, the second since his January return - and again the 19-year-old will feel reassured why he wanted to continue the loan to Mönchengladbach until summer. "At the end of the first half of the season, things went well for me at Borussia," said Oxford, "so I really wanted to go back."

Should Elvedi have to pass, the foals could even play at 96 with an English defense tongs: U-23 player Mandela Egbo (20), 2015 Crystal Palace to the Lower Rhine, is one of the candidates, the Hecking as an alternative for the full-back position in the Eye has.

Doucouré "hopefully 100% fit for the new season"
    A return of Mamadou Doucouré (19) this season should be ruled out. Borussia's biggest loser - since summer 2016, the Frenchman falls out because of various serious muscle injuries - while trained again with the team. But even the shortage of personnel does not entice those responsible to rush Doucouré's comeback. Hecking: "Mamadou has been out for 20 months now, there is no point in putting pressure on him after such a long break, he should continue training well, and hopefully he will be 100% fit for the new season."

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So we win and we also score on the road and away to 96.All that sounds great right??
    Still i cant see this kind of form and performance travel far...goal scoring chances where plenty and we still could not tip the ball across the goal line.:confused::mad::(:speechless:
    All that talk about Hannover's good run and good form was absent as well..they had their own problems and very similar to us if u ask me.
    Anyway u cant complain when u win ...specially on the road..but am still worried about whats left of this season.Many strong teams are awaiting and our injured players seem far away from being game-ready and able to hold the torch.
    Bobadilla was crucial for us in whatever capacity u wanna look at it...he was able to mix it up front and create space and intensity btwn the lines.Hopefully he will get more playing time again when Bremen comes to town next Friday!!:sneaky::unsure::thumbsdown:
    Bremen is playing pretty good and they can score goals in a flash...Cuisance was not playing again last night????? I really think he gives us a lot of power and creativity all over the pitch...so why Hecking has benched him ???
    :mad::confused::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::ninja:

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gladbach: Eberl is looking for the summer
    Raphael, the strikers and the future

Gladbach: Eberl is looking for the summer
    Raphael, the strikers and the future
    Also with Max Eberl the relief is big after Borussia 1: 0 victory in Hannover. "This win is extremely important to us," he said on Sunday at "Wontorra - the football talk" on Sky, "we finally rewarded ourselves for our performance." In addition, the sports director announced for the summer possible changes in the offensive.

[​IMG]
    "Raphael is a difference player for us," says Gladbach sporting director Max Eberl about the Brazilian.
    © imago[​IMG]
    Raphael is always an issue at Borussia Mönchengladbach. If he plays, the strikers in Borussia's offensive game converge on the Brazilian. If he is missing, his failure is usually painfully noticeable, because the team noticeably loses in inventiveness and power of impact. With seven goals this season, despite injury-related absenteeism, Raffael and Thorgan Hazard are at the top of the internal scoring list. "Raffael is a difference player for us", Eberl emphasized again on Sunday at Sky, "he has an importance for us like Marco Reus at Borussia Dortmund or Robert Lewandowski at Bayern.He makes the other players on the court better and has a total a great quality - especially the quality of scoring goals - something that has been missing us in the past few weeks.

Raphael will soon be 33 years old
    Borussia were without a goal four times in a row before Christoph Kramer ended the series in Hannover after 432 minutes without a successful conclusion with his magnificent volley. In Lower Saxony, the foals again had to do without Raphael, who continues to suffer from calf problems. On the 28th of March the "Maestro" turns 33 - and Eberl knows that he has to deal slowly with the Raphael succession. "He has reached a certain age, of course we have to worry about that," said Eberl. "We will try again in the summer to find a new face - and maybe even attack in the storm."

Changes in the attack, this announcement is not surprising after the past few weeks. However, the Borussia would always have to consider their economic opportunities, Eberl emphasized: "Maybe we lack a player who gives us a guarantee of more goals - but then also costs 30 or 40 million euros.We have just with more limited means than the whole Act big. "

24. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    expressed concern about Raffael surviving the season during pre-season friendlies. Told he'd be fine by the Buli. Felt comfortable selling Hazard for a box of Cracker Jack. Still do.

It's not always just about the money Max.
    It's about the decisions. You've failed.

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea seems like Eberl has failed ultimately when u look at the "Big picture" and how he avoided responding to the red flags and signs which where written all over the wall's...right about the time when Favre left!
    :confused::speechless: