Team News 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 22, 2017.

1. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
  2. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New mgr. is recalling him to West Ham so I read.............

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if they were going to transfer him, they'd say that just to raise the price.

4. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are. Recalling him to sell him on to Leipzig for more......................

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    yes, according to BBC!
    that would be a very smart move!
    according to KICKER Leipzig don't know of this smart move at all
    so, who do we go with? BBC or KICKER?... both once were relatively trustable sources, both lost some of their reputation it seems

3/4 of all transfer rumours are pure bullshit or luxuriant imagination at least... I once planned to only read and post about finished transfers.... but speculation/imagination is such a tempting thing ;-)

I'm very reserved because the transfer sum BILD mentioned is ridicously low... but then again transfer sums more or less lost their meaning at all in the last years... all this clauses about subsequent payments and so on...
    anyway: some think Oxford is (one of) the biggest defense-talents the English have (and English soccer is rich in talent at the moment)... wouldn't it be stupid from West Ham to sell their silverware?

6. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    City, United, Chelsea and-to a lesser extent-Arsenal & Liverpool are the "money clubs". The rest might as well be Gladbach. They have no real hope of ever winning anything. All about the money and survival for them.

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just when things where looking up in midfield and D and the foundation of building a solid structure with young raw talent...our house of cards fall's apart right away!

West Ham immediately returns Gladbach's Oxford

"Reece Oxford will come back," confirmed Hammers coach David Moyes on Friday at a press conference. "We'll look at him and see how he's doing," the 54-year-old added.

Oxford changed only in the summer on loan from West Ham to Gladbach. However, the Londoners could write a clause in the loan agreement, after which they can bring back the highly-acclaimed defender early, should this not reach a certain number of competitive games in the jersey of the foal. According to kicker information, Oxford would have had to play one-third of the matches in the first half of the season, but clearly missed out on that goal with just four matches.

Despite the short operating times, the people in charge at the Gladbachers were convinced of Oxford's potential and even showed interest in a firm commitment of the defensive talent after the end of the loan agreement. Sport director Max Eberl has already been active for this purpose and has "inquired about the possibilities of a purchase at the Hammers ". All the more surprised would be the Borussia, who had at least firmly scheduled Oxford until the end of the season, now be from the turn and the return action West Ham. Whether Moenchengladbach after the departure of Oxfords on January 1, 2018 again operates in the transfer market, but is not yet determined.

Whether the future of Oxford is now at West Ham, however, is also not secured. For the last speculation came that Oxford is only ordered back by West Ham to sell it to RB Leipzig. According to kicker information, however, this rumor is nothing to do, there is no contact between West Ham and RB. Anyway, Moyes is convinced that Oxford will be happy at West Ham. "I hope we can help him improve," Moyes said.

8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Meh. Oxford has been hugely underwhelming. He clearly isn't up to your possession game without slowing the ball circulation down.

9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    one could argue that Pepchester is in a league of its own (regarding money AND performance... interesting to see that EPL's championship-race has become even more boring than Bundesliga's)
    but compared to other European clubs ALL! EPL cubs are "money clubs" (maybe with the exception of recent entries like Huddersfield whose last appearance dates back to the middle ages)
    that's why I didn't attach much importance to the West Ham-wanting-him-back-NOW!-scenario... couldn't imagine they really need the money... and putting the moeny aside: it's unlikely that a 19-year-old is gonna be a key aspect to survival in the league... so I didn't see that coming despite the rumours flying around ...
    but then again I'm not a West Ham insider and the got a new manager anyway...
    maybe (after exchanging their traditional pitch with a soulless stadium) they just wanted to give their supporters some kind of identification back... I'm pretty sure most of the supporters would have been pissed if they had sold Oxford

interesting thing: Eberl is again demonstrating his refusal to claim anything to be definitive... according to AZ he still! wants to sign Oxford (and according to Eberl Oxford is willing, too)
    call it unrealistic or stubborn, naive or optimistic... it's obstinate at least

10. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    you're such a drama queen! ;-))))))))))))))))))
    Oxford not beeing part of "building a solid structure" was the most likely scenario right from the start...this cannot blow Borussia off-track!
    he was on loan! for one! year
    nevertheless I would have liked Oxford to stay for longer
    we are very well supplied with talent in midfield next season but given his physicality, his calm with the ball (sometimes too much calm ;-) and his passing-safeness he would have been a good addition in central defense... definitely a player with an excellent 'perspective' for my impression
    that all based on the few minutes he played for us which don't present a sound basis for a final judgement, of course (one match as stopgap on the far right!)
    nevertheless we have to act right now (that wasn't planned I guess) especially as Strob & Doucouré are still out for quite some time... and the club should as soon as possible extend Elvedi's contract!...

AZ by the way has the Uth-rumour still going
    it's between Borussia and S04 they say...
    Uth is managed by the same agency as Stindl...
    S04 has more money...
    and Uth is born in the city of the king goat...
    20% at the most I guess

11. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Bananenflanke :

When I say money club, I am referring to their status within their own league. As the EPL is considered the richest, the consequences of relegation are severe to everybody else there.

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But i like his simply style of play and how he wins one on one's..truth be told never seen a player play so simple and straight forward and have such results..i agree with the possession thing..but he sure looked good to me..he was fast strong and played a no no-nonsense style of game..he also came out on top in kost 1 on 1's...not sure where all this stuff and hype came from and so many clubs showing interest...as u said its not like he has played many games for us?? But it does not take much for a coach and scout to pick him out as a very solid talent!:cautious:o_O:eek::speechless::ninja:

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am a Virgo...:ROFLMAO::speechless::ninja::devilish::alien::alien::devilish::thumbsup::cautious::eek::laugh:

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On a totally different note entirely ..i heard this quote last week and i think its pretty damn good so i wanna share it with u guys in these final minutes of 2017 and its by Einstein!

"we all have genius
    but if u judge a fish by how it climbs a tree
    It will spend its whole life thinking its stupid"

:thumbsdown::thumbsup:;):ninja::ninja::ninja::speechless::speechless::speechless::devilish::alien:

LuckyStriker repped this.
  15. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's got obviously awesome physical gifts and would've been a legend back in the 80s; but I have serious doubts about whether he has the skill level to play for a top side now-a-days. So I get where the hype comes from, especially when you add in that he played in the EPL as a 17 year old because of how physically advanced he was.

I just don't rate him anywhere near the hype...sorta like Ginter & Udoukhai. They just don't have the technical skills and quick thinking that even CBs must have now-a-days. Shame you couldn't poach Soyuncu instead of Ginter + Oxford; that kid would fit alongside Veste & Elvedi like a glove.

16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fwiw:

Smoke signals BMG finalizing Larin transfer from OCFC. Maybe a striker who can keep up?:inlove:

17. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Definitely not. He'll make Oxford look like Raffa.

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats what i like about him..and seen very rare in players.The skills level is not present but somehow he simply arrives first on most balls and immediately switches to his target...in general i agree we havent seen enough of him ..but i guess for the EPL chumps with bottom less pockets..he is worth and close to nothing in price tag wise...to bring him back and see what happens next! I think we had a great chance with him and he would have also flourished perfectly at Gladbach...this move and going back to EPL will be a huge downside to his future if anything vs staying in the Buli with us!
    :eek::rolleyes:o_O

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do i have to google him?? Who is this guy??
    :speechless::thumbsdown::confused:o_O

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Eh there's a handful of prospects who have those kind of immense physical gifts but lack the technical skills or mind to play at the top level now-a-days breaking through every year. Just in germany we have seen Udoukhai, Zagadou & Bisseck debut in the BuLi this season who might as well be Oxford clones.

Hell the ever injured Doucoure has that level of physical gifts, but he actually has the technical skills to play for a club like you...if he can ever get past these injuries that have plagued him since leaving France.

Nah, just re-watch some clips of Hahn trying to receive a pass :p

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The last Canadian that played for us did a helluva job...hope he can follow those footsteps !
    :cautious::thumbsdown::oops:

LuckyStriker repped this.
  23. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    yes, I got that and you are totally right especially as there's a huge 'money gap' between premiership and championship (which does not prevent clubs like Wolves from spending much more money than the usual spanish, french or german first tier club)
    but I doubt that calling Oxford back has anything to do with "survival" (if I got you right)
    because they are part of the "richest" league as you say and because they are "a money club" compared the mainland-clubs as I said they should easily be able to get established quality-reinforcements in France or Spain f.e. where the price level is way below the EPL-level... all that without selling their talented silverware (which is a bad move anyway with respect to their supporters who are already pissed) ... that's why I assume they neither need him for financial survival nor for 'athletic' survival ... it's highly unlikely that a guy who just turned 19 and is far from being a fully developed player is saving their neck in the league
    KICKER is doubting they believe in him as a player which is why they called him back, put him on the market and sell him soon most likely to... Borussia!!!!
    (I highly doubt that whole thought!!!)
    I guess it's about their new manager: I have a quote of Moyes in mind from years back when he managed Everton... he told then that he watches a lot of Bundesliga and liked how the clubs threw the young ones in at the deep end... he did well with young players at Everton... I think calling Oxford back is a) because establishing this 'talent' by and by might strengthen his battered reputation without risking much... and b) because he certainly knows that the only reason Ox got playing time at all is because of a lot of injuries
    but that's all speculation especially as the tabloit like Kicker thinks I'm plain wrong: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5247431/west-ham-news-borussia-monchengladbach-reece-oxford/...

anyway: Eberl expects a strong 'smoke signal' from West Ham until today... which I guess is not coming... tomorrow he starts thinking if Borussia needs a replacement and who that could be (he already has thought about that, of course ;-)

24. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #149 Bananenflanke, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    I guess you mean the long, tall striker? he was an *cough* excellent 2.Bundesliga player ;-))) if Larin wants to get playing time he has to be much more than that, I fear (the last Canadian must have been Stalteri)
    hard to believe Borussia is gonna have Boba+Drmic+Larin+Villalba on the payroll... that sounds totally inane... Boba to Argentina? Drmic to Switzerland?
    I would trade Boba+Drmic+Larin for Uth ;-))))))))))))))))))

25. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I know is that the Hammers are struggling to stave off relegation after dismissing their manager.