Team News 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 22, 2017.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wanted to see Hahn stay and am 100% sure the guy would manage to offer many options to the game for us...but i also agree he needs playing time in order to do so...but seems like Hecking just cant see him valuable no matter what the scenario!
    As for Korb i sure hope he stays,the guy can play in post areas of the pitch and despite his size he is strong physical with great attacking and defensive skills and affordable...i thought he has already inked a contract with Hannover..No???o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::cautious::cautious:

2. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Korb is gone to Hannover I do believe. Thought that was announced by the club already.

Hahn: is one of my two favorites on the club......but even I'd have to tell you he needs to go. Who did his leg again-Geis? Whoever it was ruined his career. He may find the step he lost-and some of the scoring touch- one day...but the club can't afford to wait. It may never return. What mystifies me is Drmic sticking around. Can't make any sense of it.

There are supposedly 4 clubs in England sniffing Thor's "alleged" 26 M euro tag. To be continued...........

3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Farewell Andre, it should have ended better for you. Hope for a full recovery, and a more successful run @ Hamburg.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    come on „both teams press“ is enough for me to compare them… don‘t overvalue my smartness!
    Deadpool may need a good goalie just for a start but it‘s not only defense: Firmino f.e. is a shadow of his former self…

Klopp‘s results against the TOP5 five are pretty impressive! His results against the so called weaker teams are totally unimpressive (money-stuffed as the club is)... even at home! Unfortunately there are less TOP5 clubs in the league than … ;-)
    I just saw too many matches with a certain lack of imagination in offensive play against opponent‘s who decided to not ‚cooperate‘ and too few similar matches of Tottenham (which I have to admit I exclusively saw at home, mostly at the end of the season and certainly not often enough – it seems they have an away-weakness)… and furthermore the Liverpudlians obviously tend to overpace and get very very tired in the last quarter of the match (not to mention Klopp‘s tendency to produce injured players)… for my liking Pochettino's mix/clocking is just better... but that's OFFTOPIC... so let's loan Janssen and assign P. to stay ready for Borussia in the case he's needed

right so!

yes and no!
    indeed it looked exactly like that when Hahn got notable playing time at the end of last season (although the whole team looked restrained and not exactly greedy at that time)… and yes, Geis, he should have been sued… he sent a SMS and never called Hahn… made me to detest S04 even more
    but: end of 15/16 was maybe Hahn‘s strongest period for Borussia - he scored at matchdays 28 (win), 31 (win), 32 (draw against the Hoenesses), 33 (win) & 34 (win)!!! and more or less catapulted us into CL!!! [thanks again, André!] and: Hahn‘s match I will probably keep in mind most is the win at Celtic Park (0-1 Hahn assist, 0-2 Hahn solo show)… all this... AFTER his injury!
    and his substandard ball control was blindingly obvious BEFORE his injury ;-)

where else should Drmic be?
    the last I heard is he‘ll attend start of training on sunday (a little bit strange: 1/3 of the squad already is in training… the ones with wounds/injuries at the end of the season… Drmic is not!)
    at this moment of his career and considering his long term physical resilience/health totally written in the stars what‘s the probality anybody is gonna sign him? with an accuracy of four decimal places I would say: 0,0000%
    the only thing the club can is do is to wait and be prepared if Drmic isn‘t gonna make it again (and forever?)

seems to me it has to be more than that for Borussia and an offer he cannot refuse for Hazard cause he said he definitely wants to stay for next season because he doesn‘t want to hazard ;-) his WC-chances

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    RP small-talked with Eberl
    http://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussb...rpflichtung-von-matthias-ginter-aid-1.6917008
    Ginter IS COMING (which means: no Retsos I guess)
    most likely Ginter-Zakaria-Grifo are the big transfers
    still something might happen in offense (focus on England)
    Kolo might leave (the rumors are no rumors anymore, club and player are not enthusiastic about each other it seems)

because of the Stindl-summerbreak-hype I even started watching confetti-cup yesterday: both Stindl and GINTER did well [by the way: Dahouds U21-EC was as mediocre as his season with Borussia... he lost his starting place... he needs rest and a fresh new start... but tomorrow the Gladbach-chapter unfortunately is closed]

ah, I forgot, Christensen is coming back! eventually! someday! anytime!
    "The break is now almost over, and my time with @borussia has officially come to an end(for now anyway). I wanna thank every one at the club for making my time there unforgettable, thank you to the fans for suporting the team trough thick and thin and a special thank you to my teammates for pushing me everyday. Its been an honor playing with you hope to play with you again sometime, hopefully on the same side#einmalborusseimmerborusse"

6. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very conflicted by this Neuhaus capture. He's an awesome get and Union being so close surprised the hell out of me and got me really excited...even though our midfield is easily our strength both in the starting lineup (Kreilach, Kroos & Furstner) and in the youth ranks (Hartel, Lammel, and Zejnullah)...Benes & Cuisance are even more gifted than Neuhaus; but the smooth german prospect has more potential than Zakaria, Ndenge & Sow (if he were to come back).

8. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zakaria has a degree of versatility supposedly. Can you tell me more about this kid? Does he play a specific position, or move about the formation?

9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Zakaria? I haven't seen too much of him; but he seems like he has every tool to contribute as a CB, a 6, or as a B2Ber; though sitting in front of the D and spraying long passes...like a more mobile Xhaka...seems to be his best position.

Or did you mean Neuhaus? Neuhaus is another in the Dahoud / Benes / Cuisance mold & class. A very technically slick and clever midfielder, with a smooth touch on his passes in tight spaces. His style of play is often compared to Iniesta, though I'm not enamored with his dribbling enough to use that comp much myself. But I still think he's smarter & slicker in tighter spaces than Zakaria; who needs a little more room to launch his long balls...sorta how I rated Dahoud more than I did Xhaka.

10. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The latest addition, thanks. Zakaria has potential as a CB if Gladbach can spare him then it sounds like.

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea the Butcher's name was J.Geis...honestly with my background in Physiotherapy and experience working with athletes ( BC Lions football CFL & UBC football & volleyball ) i was super surprised he could even recover as fast as he did which brings me to this our "Medical Staff" at Gladbach thats as important as an investment as is signing players and young talent if not more...so far our Medi staff suck imo...they really have been sub standard and for a German club in the top flight thats worse than not one but 2 weak Achilles Tendon!
    :sneaky::Do_O:cautious::ninja::ninja::ninja::alien::alien::alien::alien:

12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear from you HGB. Seems like Max has brought in a few more than he said he would. Tripped over the name "Villalba" today. Hope he can help with the depth. Oh look-Lars scored..........

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My friend i did also email you right away when i landed here:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    And posted a few here last week and today obviously...i hope all the BS on CNN over "you know what " has not driven you crazy already to not have noticed my posts...but if so i don't blame you...we both know better at least not to get brain washed by all these cowards dressed in sheep skin...:geek::cautious:o_O:eek:

Many moons ago i posted a photo of Eberl and "J.C Villalba" and Eberl and that he will be joining the Colt soon & done some minor research on him..he seems like a super dynamo with mad skills...let not jinx it and not see Villalba go down the same path as Insua did when Jupp assumed he can carry the entire elf on his back:speechless::speechless::speechless: As much as the Nordic's have served superbly at Bokelberg and Borussia Park i personally have not much hope when it comes to latin and south americans when they join us...of course Raffa and the left footed magician from Venezuela "Great Juan " have impressed us all and lets hope Villa picks up were those guys left it..Stindl eh??? We both worried about our solid players staying under the radar but now am sure the offers will come pouring in...i hope Stindl does not get fooled b/c he can turn into a legend at Gladbach whereas joining Midgetball La Liga or the over rated EPL may turn into a distant mirage for him:whistling::eek::thumbsdown::cautious:o_O

14. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    come on, there weren't that much Southamericans at our club before... when we were really bad we scouted some fake Brazilians (Pletsch f.e., he even didn't try to hide his origins ;-) but other than that except for the King Johann and Insua? ah yes, there was this fantastic guy disguised as an Israeli!
    found not much about Villalba, too - with reservation: he seems to be goal-oriented (the angular 'goal'!) and assertive (having played in Paraguay he should know about men's soccer)
    yesterday he was taken under the wing of Raffael
    the thing is: he cannot be used in our second team!
    according to Eberl the plan is to watch him the first half of the season and decide if he fits in already; if not he's gonna leave on loan
    would be nice if he hits like a bombshell (but he's onyl 18!) especially as Max obviously has no money to come up with a 'big' solution in offense [Max said they really reflected about Terodde - a 2.Bundesliga!-player who was up to sign his last and only 'big' contract' - and then decided that the money would be missed elsewhere!... so most likely Borussia never made an offer for Traoré like some media told us and there will never be a Janssen-offer except for a loan, of course...]

he's our captain, he's down-home, he's very very old ;-) I'm utterly relaxed !
    the Stindl-hype has some summer slump signs to it, I hope for Stindl that Jogi is still remembering his name when calling his WC-squad
    anyway: he'll miss the whole of the Tegernsee trainig camp which isn't exactly great for the club ... but maybe this late start will give him the power to shine at the end of the season and impress the supporters (& Löw)

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    so, Ginter will be in soon
    Kramer (yesterday): "Matze [Matthias] has everything to become an enhancement for us... if he's joining us which I don't know... I'll call him tomorrow!"
    indeed, on paper this is an excellent transfer!:
    137 BL-matches, 16 EL-matches, 13 CL-matches, ... all this still beeing 23!
    and, playing for the national team (14 matches; recently played back three at the confetti-cup), it shows the club's growing reputation ... signing a current German international? that was far far away for most of the past decades (Neuville being the exception; Kramer already lost 'contact' when we signed him)
    according to KICKER Ginter deliberately chose for Borussia and against money (Tottenham)

why I'm not enthusiastic?
    1) he's killing my soccer-phantasy! I would have preferred Kempf or Retsos (which is kind of silly because I don't know Retsos at all) again: soccer-phantasy! Ginter is good but 'solid'-good, he's predictable, without frills and without real standout-qualities... and without an element of surprise... and maybe that's exactly what might be the best right now... quite understandable that Eberl&Hecking don't want to experiment on another position and don't want to bother about supporter's phantasies at all ;-)
    2) he looks a little bit tame/well-behaved/restrained and we already have some players in that category (I had high hopes for Kolo to improve this ratio ;-)... didn't like how he sank to the ground yesterday, too
    3) he's the Christensen replacement (and the end of all near-term Christensen-comeback pipe dreams) who was smart, speedy and obviously pure class!... but that, of course, is not Ginter's fault... it just needs some transition in my case... workin' on it!...

16. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    why not? ;-) it's fun!
    again: where else should he be? (he didn't make it for start of training yesterday, still rehab it is)
    what should Borussia do with him?
    assign him as stadium-guide (he isn't that eloquent)?
    make him chief of Würstchenbuden?
    hide him in the closet?

you just can't spirit away fragile/heavily injured players... the only thing you can do is sign a replacement (Eberl is totally aware that Drmic might have no future in professional soccer) and WAIT! until there is definite clarity... you know contracts, moral standards and all that ;-)

I'm not entirely sure either... there were signs but there were injuries, too... too much of that... next season counts for Thor... wanna see some more finishing qualities

yeah, you know 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018!!! soon it's world cup time again! (that's why Putin hosted confetti-cup)!
    ok ok, that's enough of tempting! but Hazard was called up recently and is planning to travel to Russia next year... who can blame him?

17. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    very surprised you rate him this high! (1860's portuguese supercoach Pereira ["We go to the top" - it turned out they went to 4th tier] seemed to have lost interest in him)
    I'm very excited right now, don't disappoint me ;-)
    in this case I would have preferred a Union-loan to a D'dorf-loan... Keller-soccer seems to be a tad more progressive than Funkel-soccer ;-) (however D'dorf being a soccer-suburb of Gladbach means he doesn't need to move at all)
    it seems Neuhaus promoted the loan himself (not 100% sure about that)
    [by the way: Union's Ali Abu-Alfa seem to join Borussia, you are not thrilled I guess]

here is a nice Neuhaus-goal from the A-junior-youth-soccer-final (roundabout 2:50)
    right after he gets his 2nd yellow card... entertaining guy!

18. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ginter..meh.

Janssen -not likely as mooted. Tott doesn't look financially as being able to add. W/O 2-they'd be unable to sell. Scuttlebutt currently indicating he won't be allowed to move anywhere.Contracts and moral standards? I was told they didn't exist in European football sir. How utterly disappointing........

19. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    stop it! I'm workin' on my transition!

only the rich clubs are morally bankrupt! ;-)
    yes, it's often getting nasty because of some agents
    but believe me: for Bonhof, Meyer, Schippers, Eberl & Hecking moral standards are very very real (and there are other comparable professional soccer clubs in Germany - and there are some in other countries too I'm sure)

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  20. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    that's not completely true... did some researching: Pereira started using Neuhaus (as a starter) in the two relegation matches again, he even scored at Regensburg (2:30)
    O. Griss (1860-online-magazine) calls him "absolutely a jewel" with a similar predisposition as Weigl and "even a tad stronger technically" adding: "Signing him says something about Gladbach's good eye and negotiating skills"

quite impressive how many excellent players 1860 produces on and on and even more impressive how quickly they throw them out to bigger clubs[/QUOTE]

21. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You mean translation? "meh" is like.......blah. nothing special or exciting or-as the kids say: whatever.

22. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    naaah, this was one of the rare occasions where I understood you right from the start ;-)
    I really meant "transition"

a transition from being disillusioned/frustrated because of the Ginter-transfer (he's already in town, press conference starting right now) to having retrieved my inner peace again... that's why I listed above what looks good (on paper) about the transfer... and your "meh" just destroyed all the little progress I was making in my transition (which is very important because Ginter most likely is staying for some months! I have to accept it and live with it! ;-)

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Ginter turned away a phat contract from the cheesy EPL and land of cheap chocolate...then my hat goes off to him....truth be told he wasent impressive before but he was solid at the Confetti Cup or perhaps i was a paying more attention to him now that he is going to wear the Diamond crest on his chest...and if he produces the same qualities at the D-Line here at Gladbach id be satisfied b/c we dont need to experiment again with our D:eek::cautious::sneaky::rolleyes::thumbsup::ninja::alien::alien::ninja:

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My apologies....YESSSSSS
    ROBERTOOOOOOOOOO COLAUTTI...how did i forget this???? Feel like an aRssss now:speechless::speechless:
    I still can hear how the news anchor was shouting his name after he scored that superb precision kick..but lets not forget who delivered the initial feed to Neuville???Everything was hanging by a thread and our future between relegation and remaining in the top flight....actually he was a player i wanted to see stay at Gladbach...smart and very crafty and the type that can change a came in seconds! He is Argentine born i guess and moved to the land were saladin and the crusaders went at it till their last drop of bloodo_O
    Anybody remember the movie Kingdom of heaven???? I do b/c it was a great movie and of course and madly in love with Eva Green what can i say :ninja::ninja::speechless::ninja::ninja: :confused::confused: when saladin finally captured Jerusalem and met with Orlando Bloom...Orlando asked whats Jerusalem worth to you??? Saladin looked him in the eyes and said "nothing"..and started to walk away after a few steps he suddenly turned back to Bloom and said "EVERYTHING:whistling::cool:

25. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    press conference:

Q: What spoke in Borussia's favor?
    A: Everything!
    (love that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!............ ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

he used the word 'perspective' more than once... meaning: being/becoming a leader (which he wasn't in Dortmund... it is said he was loyal to Tuchel which might have lessened his standing in the team)

Hecking (like Eberl) tried to sign him a season ago (Dortmund vetoed)

Ginter attended Hofmann's marriage weeks ago and talked to some of our players

Stindl, ter Stegen and even Younes spoke in favor of Borussia
    and - this is almost unbelievable - Löw himself did, too!