Team News 2016/2017

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 26, 2016.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all due respect, that article is nothing more than a reiteration of the team's failures, not an X-ray pinpointing and isolating specific problems re: individuals and putting the tail on the proper donkeys. You don't really need in-depth writing for that though.

Helen Keller'd find it in a minute..........

Dage and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea it dosent even scratch the surface...and problems are so huge and beyond this aeticle..but i try to collect them all here under our umbrella...am surprised there was nothing about Eberl in it..but then that would need some understanding of the team the game and root of the problem here at BMG

Btw got off the phone with my friend in Gladbach few min ago...thins our ugly..his the head of one of the biggest fan clubs in town and writes articles for Fohlenecho...Schubert is good as gone!

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is actually simple. The team is tired and we do not have enough players to play both the league and CL. That would be true of almost any mid-level team. Bayern's built for it. The rest? The only other CL/EL participant in the top 6 is Dortmund, who are also built for it, though not as well as Bayern. And, well, Hertha is also playing well--but they were knocked out of the EL very early. Everybody else is in the middle of the pack.

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schubert is threatened - Does Hecking come?

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...l_schubert-droht-das-aus---kommt-hecking.html

It surely stands out: Coach Andre Schubert threatens the break at Borussia Mönchengladbach. There is a lot of evidence that the 45-year-old will be on the bench of the foals for the last time against VfL Wolfsburg on Tuesday evening and then have to make way for a new coach. Dieter Hecking is a favorite for the Schubert successor.

:ninja::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::ninja:

7. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh my god pls no Hecking. As if we were even one bit better with this guy. Schubert might be not the most handsome guy and has his flaws but I see the problems on other areas, we e.g. looked never out of order tactically in the CL (instead of that useless last match). We miss a big mouth in the locker room and on the field like Xhaka or Effenberg, that inject some virtue in these kids. If we now change to a guy like Hecking we put ourselves on the "usual path" with different coaches every year. I don't want to do this.

Bad seasons happen for a club like us. Stay together, buy players to improve the team and give it some time. I also fear that if Schubert's pushed out of the club, Eberl is gone as well.

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I somewhat agree....these players have it too good nowadays...i think there is more fault on the players than the coach..they are not pushing to their limit...i agree with ken to a point ..about the heavy load but these guys are built or should be built/conditioned for such loads..if they cant then they should find their living elsewhere in a different line of work...they just need to get hammered by a few strong leaders....game in game out.Too bad Raffa is just not that kind of person..he does his talking with his playing...but these kids if they had some courage and understood respect....they would be ashamed when a player like raffa tracks back and fights so many times per games..while others are enjoying the nice view of the stadium:cautious::confused::mad:

As for Hecking cant comment...he is deffo more experienced and an X Gladbacher...but can he blow solid old school fighting spirit into these lads??? Not sure:speechless:

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its not gonna happen but there has been loads of rumors all over the place ...signing "Schweini " over to BMG...but apparently both Eberl and Bonhof have laughed...but he is an Effe of sorts and he can be more effective on that field vs signing Hecking:thumbsdown::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::alien::devilish:

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll just note that Bayern isn't that stupid. They don't try to play all of their stars every game. The only player for Bayern that has started in all of their Bundesliga games so far is Neuer. That's it. Only 9 have played in 10. Mueller and Lahm have missed 1/3 of the BL games. Only 8 have played enough minutes equal to 10 games. That's how you do it. Robben, Costa, and Ribery have started less than half.

Now we have spread the minutes around too. But that's more due to injuries. And the guys coming of the bench are not in Robben, Ribery, or Costa's class.

I'd not make a coaching change now. See what happens with some rest and perhaps a new player or two. I also wonder if Raffel is really 100% or not.

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Raffa is beginning to show a significant drop in strength...which we all know why the guy has given 110...not only his helped in storm but also drops deep and helps the midfield and back field.He is truly a blessing for us...we owe this again to Favre ....but he clearly is getting worn down by each game..and very prone to picking up another injury...winter break could have not come in a better time specially for raffael...am not sure what we shall do without him...he is the only guy with the kind of class that can move the chains in the tightest situations!
    o_O:unsure::sneaky:

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #289 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    If there was any doubts out there...tonight showed how spineless our players are.And they cant blame it on the CL load/stress anymore ...they simply go out there and do as they please and of course nobody gets fired either...what a beauty to be a pro footballer nowadays..worse comes to worse the coach gets fired and the players drive back home to their hot wives nice condo's in their Merc's, Posche's..Audi's and G- Wagons!!!!!
    They dont understand what uniform and club they are representing....the look on Schuberst face said it all.
    Nobody took him for another Tuchel ...but this downfall is more on the players not our coach.
    It was EPIC embarrassment watching them all game slipping on the pitch...giving up 1 on 1's ..their sloppy amateur passing game...not using open spaces by implementing long crosses...just sticking to one flank and trying to move the chains with 1 touch passing...a team without any rhythm and vision ....total jokers.Must be nice to earn that kind of money when you are not held accountable....and of course the first remedy is to fire the coach...

there's a press conference coming up tomorrow most likely Schubert is gone...now there is also Marc Willmots in the mix next to hecking's name...so the story continues and the same traditional pattern that has hunted this club for 3 decades now is happening again...oh well at least we are all very well accustomed to it...instead of signing leaders and fighters to motivate the team on the pitch and during battle..we are still trying to get things done with young players that cant get the job done.....not complaining its what i love about this club and made me a fan..but at some point specially when we have the money our management should understand you cant send a boy to do a mans job..and we need balance and leadership on the pitch:confused::mad::(:whistling::thumbsdown::speechless:
    And priceless to see our best striker all game playing in the D-Line and midfield instead of unleashing his skills with scoring goals :(

13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dead. Cat. Bounce.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I remember when you first used this expression...i guess it was over a year ago...who would have thought it will be exactly the case at the end of the road ...so SAD!
    :(:speechless::speechless::(

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess everyone is burning their Schubi hoodies....

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldnt worry much about that b/c the club made a killing off those hoodies...their biggest mistake was tho was being under contract ( we still are) with Kappa...which seems pretty weak in production and restocking since they can only handle limited production ( even with other items i wanted to order this happened)...remember i wanted to grab one...even from miscellaneous websites and it could not be found whatsoever:ROFLMAO::sneaky::alien::cautious::devilish:

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #295 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    csm_Borussia_-_Manch_24dcf1b429.jpg
    Borussia part ways with coach André Schubert

And so the story goes,another short lived coaching tenure at BMG crashes to a bitter end.It wasent much long ago when the poor guy got an extension and was praised for introducing a new style of play & system at Gladbach....and in less than a few months here we are...the wheels came off in typical Gladbach style:confused:

We all know this does not mean anything and the complications of signing a new coach is another whole new can of worms.Specially if we continue to experiment with figures that are unknown..or if Eberl decides to pull another fast on out of his so called "Bag of trigs" He has been a bit lucky so far if you ask me....and your luck can carry you and keep you afloat only for so long.Besides finding a coach worthy of a club such as BMG we deffo need a true savach team general and leader...one that will keep everything under control during games and on the pitch:thumbsdown::speechless::cautious:o_O:eek::(:alien::whistling:
    Its safe to say reaching the international stages after the winter pause is more like a miracle and management just hopes to climb the table as much as they can and save face.Seems like it will take a very long time to find another such as Favre that did a lot of positive and remained at the club for a few seasons:ninja::ninja:

Who knows what really happenend???This is just my personal opinion.If i had to scale who was most at fault for our most recent clusterfack and the dark hole we have sunk into this season..this would be my verdict and the top spot goes to no other than...
    1.Max Eberl
    2.Our players
    3.Schubert

https://www.borussia.de/english/home.html

19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, I think Eberl is hoping not to get relegated. While I think we have too much talent for that, its a concern. I also think the firing is a mistake. Again--this is a tired, banged up team. We do need a midfield general. Losing Xhaka did not help.

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #297 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 21, 2016
    We both know firing Schubert was the standard and one of the most unjust moves in football...when a club has no answer to give its fans and explain its dysfunction...most of the times like now and here with our team...Schubert was not the culprit entirely !
    And yes its been a few seasons...even back to favre era that our injuries have been somewhat of a mystery and more like a bad spell and curse...our regulars get constantly banged up and not just for weeks...but months ..and even then when they are back they pick up even worse knocks.But this season was strange even our new young talents where banged up..and of course losing heavyweights such as Stranzl Xhaka Nordveit Dominguez and even Mr.Reliable...we can now see clearly how little money it would have costed Eberl and BMG to keep Browers for another season and how much valuable he would have been in our current situation.
    Anyway am not sure there is a top notch coach out there..one that can take us to new heights.I agree we gots too much quality to drop to the 2.Liga but u and i know ...stranger things can and have happened...i think (quite sure actually)Eberl will have a short term plan which is just saving us from relegation...and maybe just maybe hoping for the best if the new coach injects some new blood in our squad and perhaps move deeper in the EL which translates into extra cash to spend...Eberl must accept beside every great coach in todays football there is at least a couple of expensive world class footballers...which dictate the coaches orders and even more on the pitch drilling the players and not letting them slack and play complacent...midfield is lacking a true general with physical fighting power and technical ball skills and perhaps a legit weathered striker.I think Vestergaard next to Christensen and the rest of boys can hold the D if we can create effective fire power up front thats missing and a midfield that can float btwn D-line and storm...then our back 3 or 4 would not be constantly under pressure.
    For some reason am optimistic about Drmic....if he can come thru for us a lot of our issues can be resolved specially if he can pair up well with raffa and Thor...but 'IF " Eberl will try again risking and experimenting with installing the "Dead Cat Bounce" formula in order to try and keep up with the best in the Buli with the same recipe with very young raw inexperienced players...or mediocre players with some Buli experience... and hope a fire extinguisher coach can save the day without signing some legit quality players with experience he is DEAD WRONG and we will go back into the bottom feeder ranks of the Buli...we have to spend some good money on new signings

:cautious::(:speechless::sneaky:

Schubert was never the long term answer but u got to feel bad for the guy a bit...the look on his face last night proved that he cares but somehow the players seemed like to have abandoned him:speechless::mad::whistling:

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #298 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 21, 2016
    Holy Smokes...it didnt take long did it???:thumbsdown::eek::rolleyes:o_O:speechless::sneaky::cautious::alien::devilish:

Contract until 2019: Hecking takes over Gladbach
    Dieter Hecking succeeds Andre Schubert as coach with Borussia Mönchengladbach. The 52-year-old gets a contract until June 2019, as the kicker from a safe source learned. Schubert had been relieved of his duties by the Gladbachers only on Wednesday morning.

heck1-1482331553.jpg

Am worried.Hecking has a great resume...at least compared to Schubert...but am not sure if he is the guy...this looks more like a panic move and lack of any other option & coach out there.Winter break has just started so why the rush??Why are we pushing the panic button so quick?? Why not at least wait a week or so and take a better look around as far as coaches go ??? Whats next???? I wouldnt be surprised if Eberl is leaving for Hollywood soon....just this whole picture aint seem right...something stinks here but i cant pin point it:speechless::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::(:unsure::speechless:

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.mitgedacht-block.de :thumbsdown:

Lot jonn, André!

Now is official, which hardly surprised anybody: Borussia and André Schubert go separate ways. We have already announced at the end of last week that we consider the separation unavoidable, but would like to thank André Schubert nevertheless!

When the former U23 coach took over the pros on September 21, 2015, he was only a temporary solution. As an interim coach, he was supposed to bring some rest while the new boss was being sought in the background. So far so good. The fact that he now has to vacate his seat only a good year later has, above all, a reason.

Career jump foal: from the emergency solution to the cheftrainer

Within a few weeks Schubert was joked up by the supposed emergency solution as a savior. He managed to breathe new life into the team. The Granite Xhaka, who was named by him as the captain - and thus considerably stronger - said at the time: "The coach has brought us the fun." Schubert turned on a few set screws and our guys hardly came out of the win in autumn 2015. At the end of a completely crazy season he took our team from 18th place with zero (!) Points after the 5. Matchday to a fourth place. Over these Schubert's boys managed to take the leap into the royal class in the summer. Even the sharpest coach skeptics will have to recognize this strong performance!

That he had to leave now has several reasons. Of course he made mistakes. Schubert will have recognized this as well as the lack of points in the last few months, as well as the weak outlook for only two Bundesliga matches in the last 13 months. His critics always accused him of closing his eyes before the negative developments. We are, however, sure that he has found clear words internally. In his, although not always fortunate, overture, he had himself done a bear service, because he had to write a lot of criticism. However, his team has always protected Schubert. This is to be highly accounted for!

Schubert collapsed under the Favre heritage

Unfortunately, the past few months have also shown how little lasting the current football business and the opinions of fans and media are. Because we find a coach, whose green sweater was still a veritable miracle weapon about a year ago, and who was celebrated as "Schubidu" in the past, almost 12 months later. In some blogs and media, the Schubert football in the summer was considered as risky, but also incredibly variable, innovative and future-proof. The Schubert-Borussia was the hot shit of modern football. Somewhere between the promise to make the Bundesliga without a huge sponsor exciting again and a revolution in terms of tactical variability.

Admittedly, we also praised the current squad in the summer in the highest tones, but have also always emphasized that the competition is huge and injury can always strike! Many fans probably did not calculate with these factors. The "eberl understatement" did not come with most of the supporters.

And Schubert? Despite the successes of last season, he was never without controversy in large parts of the fans. This was certainly due to his predecessor. For many Gladbachers, Lucien Favre is still regarded as a "Godfather" of the coach's existence. Presumably, Pep Guardiola could have followed the Swiss - the fans would only have compared him with the popular predecessor and always sought the hair in the soup. Favre's legacy was always a burden for Schubert, a burden under which he had collapsed. And that is far too easy, not to say: unfair!

Above all, we fans should never forget that Schubert helped the club in the madness of a difficult phase. He took the risk of the Favre succession and pulled the cart from the descent into the sunny royal class! He has made gamers like Hazard, Elvedi or Dahoud to be confederated giants! He has made the Borussia tactically flexible - for example with the installation of the triple chain in Mönchengladbach (now practiced from Munich to Nice).

However, there were no ecstatic André-Schubert calls from the north curve. Of course, because Schubert made mistakes. With his tactical finesse he overcame the team partly. Partially three systems in one game - just too much! However, Schubert's minor errors were never forgiven, such as incomprehensible or late changes and quirky answers in the press. His uncomfortable nature never came in the curve, it was even interpreted as an arrogance. In the last few months, many supporters accused him of destroying Favre's work of the past few years.

In the end, however, the team is also called for

With this (only in small parts comprehensible) anti-attitude, many fans have unfortunately created an alibi to the players. We must not forget that the team crashed unexpectedly in Favre from a seemingly rosy position in 2015, "consuming" a coach. Schubert brought them back into the lane, but could not prevent a further break-in. Ultimately, the coach is responsible. The guys on the pitch are not guilty of the misery.

In any case, we hope that André Schubert will keep the Borussia in good memory. Because for him it was certainly a time at the limit! This insanely successful last season, victories against Bayern and rushing nights against Manchester, Barcelona or Glasgow. Surely he remains a struggling type. But certainly also a guy, who loves football, wants to live and develop. He did not succeed. This will not happen in the future either.

Again proof of the fast-paced football business

Schubert has experienced an intense year in Mönchengladbach, where we have all learned a lot. His commitment shows once again how fast the football is. If we want fans to challenge us against certain developments in our sport, demand tradition and want continuity in the clubs, then we are doing well to evaluate the work of the responsible people fairly! That ultimately helps everyone. And then maybe André Schubert at his next station.

Because, dear André, will come. We are sure of that. We wish you all the best. We are really grateful to you for many cool moments, tours and evenings that the Borussia gave us under your guidance. We hope that during the last few weeks you will remember your time in Mönchengladbach.

See you again. Lot jonn, André!

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The more you read about the details and Schuberts approach....you feel more that he was betrayed by the players and mostly Eberl :speechless::thumbsdown::confused:
    Anyways ive got nothing against Hecking and certainy his got loads of experience...but am not sure his got the vision of Schubert.He may be able to bring some old school stability and there is nothing wrong with that...but he fits more into the plastic club frame works....such as VW and Leverkusen than us...i think the injuries and not having Eberl's full support deep down killed his carrier...and perhaps he wanted a bit too much too soon..and when u want to fly like Icarus u better watch out for the heat of sun and the effects on your wings....in some ways am almost sure if the players truly fought for him and had his back he could have brought us out of this muddy hole...

The chapter André Schubert at Borussia Mönchengladbach is finished. The coach has shown courage, but finally his (to) high demands became his doom. By Karsten Kellermann
    Perhaps his biggest triumph as coach of Borussia Mönchengladbach was the germ of the failure of football teacher André Schubert: the 3: 1 against Bayern on 5 December 2015. At that time he introduced the three-string, before he had his team in the 4- 4-2 of his predecessor Lucien Favre. Schubert experimented, inspired by Juventus in the Champions League. The old lady also played this defensive version - in years of perfection. The "Schubert style" was called and he was now considered one of the most hip trainers in the country: "Schubidu", which stood for brave, innovative, modern. As consistent as starting from March Borussia no Bundesliga played the three-string.

Schubert has in fact put in some interesting approaches: for example, Ibo Traoré or the Triple-Ten in the front, who have been trained to play strong external defendants. And then there is his honorable approach to always want to entertain the people in the stadium: dear 4: 3 as 1: 0, that is his motto, which is almost the original type of the Borussen game is reflected: This was also the credo of the Early Hennes Weisweiler. But the legendary Borussen coach did not get the title until he had a stable defensive. Before the foals were wild, but not masterly. This stability, also an essential feature of the golden era of Lucien Favre, was not given to Schubert.

Probably because it was based on total flexibility. That worked in success, but when it became tight, the safety net for the players was missing and on the long end, this led to total uncertainty. There is no system that stands for Schubert, only the word "triple chain". When Borussia's fans take it in their mouths, it sounds almost like devil's. It was certainly not the defensive chain alone, on which Schubert failed. But it should be a symbol for it. Schubert has too quickly wanted too much since the Bayern game, instead of building something sustainably, the constant change was his principle: systemic, playful, personal. Also on the playing field it was an up and down, the home-away discrepancy occupied the example.

That the coach never really arrived at the fans, is added. Even after leading the club from place 18 to fourth place, there were no acclamations. While the team was celebrated after the last home game of the pre-season against Leverkusen, Schubert went empty. It was hard to say why he did not get warm, but this was a reason for the latent disquiet that his time as a chef-drummer has had. The fact that Schubert never got out of the shadow of Lucien Favre comes as well.