Team News 2016/2017

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 26, 2016.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the new thread for the new season....

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  2. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    IN:
    Eggestein, ST/FW/LF/RF — Free
    Avdijaj, ST/FW/LF/RF/"10" --- 2-5M
    Tielemans, CM — 15-20M
    Edimilson Fernandes, CM/DM — 5-8M
    Grillitsch, DM/CM — 3-5M
    Strobl, CB/DM — Free
    Vestegaard, CB — 7-12M
    Doucoure, CB — Free

Sound good to every body else?

panicfc repped this.
  3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never know until I see "the fit" but by position I'd be more than OK with it.

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tielemann's is going to England, but I'd love him. LOVE HIM!

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I don't think that one case makes something depending "entirely on"...
    I'm certainly no expert/insider on that topic (and it's not what really interests me)
    as far as I can see the player holds the upper hand when his contract runs just one more season and it's the last chance for his club to cash in (or alternatively the club -like Rennes?- needs money: NOW!)
    the club holds the upper hand when there are plenty of interested clubs and the club anyway would prefer to hold the player for another season... and most likely that's the case with Embolo... two much better German bids than Borussia's, maybe a Italian and an English one and FC Basel says something like: "Look Breel there are five bids, two are too low so choose one of the better ones or stay another season!" I don't think a 19 year old who yet has to build his career is gonna make a fuss and refuse every other move than Borussia (anyway: Embolo chosing for us was wishful thinking from the start ;-)
    but that's all theoretical! it's a strange soccer world and there is always a who-would-have-thought-it-possibility...

[QUOTE="Rosebud, post: 34055270, member: 210855"]IN:
    Eggestein, ST/FW/LF/RF — Free
    Avdijaj, ST/FW/LF/RF/"10" --- 2-5M
    Tielemans, CM — 15-20M
    Edimilson Fernandes, CM/DM — 5-8M
    Grillitsch, DM/CM — 3-5M
    Strobl, CB/DM — Free
    Vestegaard, CB — 7-12M
    Doucoure, CB — Free

Sound good to every body else?[/QUOTE]

sound goods but from the clubs point of view it's too much I'm afraid
    Eggestein could take Hrgota's place (but Ritter or Villalba [in winter] could do that too... Eggestein is the most promising that's for sure)
    can't see a vacant slot for Avdijaj... I'm pretty sure the're not gonna bloat the squad ... so, I'm afraid you've to drop one of our offensive players from this season ;-)
    three for CM/DM? could happen if Schulz isn't gonna make it (I think he is and my feeling is as DM not CB)... and maybe (I'm just guessing) we already have a promising young swiss player: Sow ... that's why my guess (not my wish!) is: just two new additions for CM/DM

with Vestergaard and the young Frenchman defense would be well equipped
    remaining two highly important tasks for Eberl:
    1) central midfield! (at least one experienced player ... plus X ... depending on what they think Schulz & Sow are capable of)
    2) extension of Dahoud's contract! hurry!

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am i missing out on something or these players have officially been signed ????

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nope, none of them have officially been signed, other than Strobl, thus far. That's just my current realistic(ish) dream window you.

-Avdijaj to groom as Raffael's eventual successor after S04 decides to Schalke the situation & let him go for peanuts.
    -Eggestein to groom for a spot in the attacking rotation by seasons end, & to eventually partner Avdijaj/Hazard.
    -Tielemans to partner Dahoud this season.
    -Grillitsch there to provide a more withdrawn 6 that has the requisite passing skills.
    -Edimilson to join Sow & Ndenge as CM depth, & cover for future Dahoud/Tielemans departures.
    -Vestegaard to provide some experience & aerial dominance to the CB mix.
    -Strobl to replace Nordveit as a mobile CB option with ball skills, who can step forward as a defensive 6.
    -Doucoure for the future on defense, and also to hedge against Eberl failing to secure Christensen permanently.

8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seems Eberl is making another run at wrapping up the Tielemans transfer, and is prepared to go past the schmerzgrenze. *finger's crossed*

...I will continue to pray to the football gods that we get to enjoy watching a Dahoud, Tielemans, & Grillitsch midfield trio support Raffael-Stindl/Hazard next season...

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe we are in the running for Tielemans.... I love that kid!

LuckyStriker repped this.
  10. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I keep repeating to myself that you pulled Xhaka when he was at a similar point...and are a more established & wealthy side now...cause reading the rumors really does seem like a dream. If Eberl actually pulls these moves off you could be even stronger next season and favorites for another finish in the CL-spots!

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Xhaka never scored goals in the Champions league against big clubs when he was 17 :)

He's also not prone to the stupid foul.

dragonSLO and Rosebud repped this.
  12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seems like the new boss at SV Bremen is trying to hold on tight to Vestergaard or is giving it a last shot !

13. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm going to pretend that that is because he's upset that he's already losing Grillitsch & Eggestein to you. *nods*

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  14. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When you say Eggestein are you referring Max or his younger brother Johannes who is a super talent?

15. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Johannes, who's set to sign his pro contract this summer.

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rosebud repped this.
  17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    +1

19. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would be amazing. Hopefully Chelsea do some Chelsea things this summer, Eberl can take care of his other business, and you secure the CL in the playoff, to make this a reality!

20. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    according to our goalkeeper he has no ambition to change the club
    according to media Rode is choosing between Borussia & Borussia (I hope he chooses right... which in this case means choosing the wrong Borussia)
    according to Eberl he's constructing a substantial bid for Christensen if we qualify for CL
    according to media Doucoure is to be signed this week despite Paris still fighting for him
    according to the swiss national coach Elvedi is travelling to France for EC (according to me most likely as a benchwarmer, but that's ok given his age)

Rosebud repped this.
  21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    THE GOD'S SEEM LIKE WATCHING OVER US.......
    I personally didn't think the slightest chance was possible...
    But if this actually gets finalized...oh well y'all know the rest...our midfield would turn into the most versatile belt in Europe with endless offensive and defensive balance/weapons o_O:eek::cautious::speechless::speechless::thumbsup::D:ROFLMAO::devilish::alien: onlineImage.jpg

Gibt Kramer Gladbach bald neuen Halt?

http://www.wz.de/lokales/moenchengl...ibt-kramer-gladbach-bald-neuen-halt-1.2198055

22. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With Rode going to BVB my excitement for you grows. I actually like him as a player a lot, but 10-15M for a player like him was far too much for you to pay with your finances & other targets.

23. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    KICKER (print) is jumping the Kramer-returns-to-where-he-belongs-bandwagon
    an article about how Kramer would win coming back and Borussia would win getting him back... win-win as to say ;-)
    I'm still a little bit sceptical... not about Kramer.... sceptical about Aunt Käthe's price sticker and sceptical about Borussia's willingness to open the casket that wide
    Christoph's agent (a guy from Gladbach) is rejecting any S04-rumours while he doesn't want to comment Borussia-rumours...
    the Toprak move from B04 to BVB seems to be off which may help us because Kramer could have been an option for Vicekusens central back (don't know how serious they were about that), too

24. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    RP has an interisting article about a 'new 'analyzing-'system' 'invented' by a start up launched by Hertha's Hegeler and Ex-Franfurter Reinartz (he recently quit professional soccer at the age of 27): http://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussb...ehen-stindl-als-besten-stuermer-aid-1.6015140
    cause I still have to improve my soccer-vocabulary: the central statement is that of all Bundesliga-attackers STINDL is leading in all of their three 'key'-categories

25. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Eberl:
    „in the meantime we're quite good at the U-field [Under XX-soccer] and really want to operate with these young players“
    „Nico Elvedi and Christensen are the best examples. There will be the one or other surprise, there are youngster with potential. Meanwhile those young & wanted players say: Yes, if Gladbach is interested I have the chance to get playing time.“
    Gladbach has to form the team in a way that "those young players do matter/play a role for us“.

that's exactly what I like: building up a framework of experienced players with the right mentality and filling the gaps with young, talented & thrilling players and letting them grow and thrive