Team News 2015/2016

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 28, 2015.

1. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Telegraph surely is talking of pounds

I certainly don't know what the deal is
    and at this moment most likely neither Telegraph, Guardian or any other English source nor RP, AZ, BILD or any other German source do
    maybe even the clubs don't know because the final signing is yet to come
    all we can do is work with probabilities

Telegraph is mentioning a 23M pound buy-out
    they might have this right because when Eberl was confronted with a 30M€ buy-out-clause (which is more or less exactly 23M pound) in an interview some time ago he smiled and said something like: but only next summer!

and now -according to Telegraph (f.e.)-
    - he is selling Xhaka for a mere 2M pound more??? (plus some optional? extra money some day later)
    - our leader this season, key figure, anchor whatever…???
    - who can hardly be replaced (while I don't think Xhaka is already world class, we still cannot attract his class easily on the transfer market… what we can attract are huge talents who might become classy later… like Xhaka who's first two years at Borussia were more or less forgettable)???
    … selling him for a mere 2M pound more???
    - with absolutely no need right now because we're still getting decent money next year?
    - with an EC (a Xhaka-showcase) to come this summer?
    - with the transfer market running hot not until July/August?
    - with no need for the club to generate additional money at all?
    - with the huge need to qualify early in season for CL?
    that would be „vereinsschädigendes Verhalten!“ in other words: grossly negligent!

no, Eberl confirmed they are willing to sell if an „unbelievable bid“ comes in
    Bonhof confirmed they are willing to sell if an „unbelievable bid“ comes in
    25+5 is not an „unbelievable bid“ (given a 23M pound buyout next summer) it's hilarious (I say that because of my sunny deposition ;-) … others, stone-cold serious, would say: „merits or not: sack Eberl, immediately!“
    no, that's why Telegraph etc most likely have the wrong figures, they should have found out for themselves

according to common sense ;-) 30M pound plus bonus (~39M €) is the least Arsenal has to pay otherwise the risk letting Xhaka go right now is much too high… there is too much a stakes for Borussia … which wouldn't be the case if we had finished 8th… or even 6th ('just' Euroleague)

the only 25+5-scenarios I can think of is that Borussia is conceiling the (lower) amount of the buy-out-clause… or: that Basel is getting up to 20% of the (higher) transfer fee...

anyway: maybe we'll already know more in a few hours (or get new faked figures from press)
    I better stop this money talk… the much more interesting question is who's gonna replace Granit…

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have no experience in such contracts,but somewhere the players will/desire must also play a rule..NO?? Am wondering how much Xhaka's say has had an impact?? Leaving Eberl and Co helpless!!!!:speechless::ninja::sick::devilish::alien:

3. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    in this case not that much... at least not regarding the transfer fee (Eberl has the upper hand)
    it was obvious from the start that he wanted to play for Arsenal (they were already after him before he chose for Borussia)
    if Pep-City jumps in he naturally can reject a move over there

and now f-a-n-f-a-r-e!!!
    according to KICKER the Vestergaard-deal is done
    roundabout 10M
    solid transfer... maybe a little bit pricey (Borussia is gonna talk of 8M I guess ;-) but nearly everybody around here wanted Borussia to sign him... simply because his strongness is our weakness
    thus: he needs some improvement in built-up-play... where's Favre? still under contract? ;-)

4. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do believe your second scenario is the applicable one-but we'll see.

The consistent number has been 33.8 m pounds- but the Gunners chewed them down to 30 over 2 installments.

5. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Does Bild read my posts? Apparently they're now saying that Breel Embolo is back on Eberl's shopping list.

6. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then they must have a great deal more money to spend than I would have envisioned.................

7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    swiss BLICK too! (and Edimilson) http://www.blick.ch/sport/fussball/...heiss-auf-embolo-und-edimilson-id5069460.html

but we're working with lousy sources here ;-)
    if I remember correctly KICKER claimed Basel rejected a 25M+ bid from Volkswagen in winter
    most likely way out of our league (maybe even Tielemans is)
    but can we trust KICKER at all? apparently the Vestergaard-deal isn't at the advanced stage they thought (the new man at Werder -Baumann- wants to change his mind... doesn't scare me at all)
    maybe I should stick to Borussia.de as the only reliable source ;-)

8. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #483 Bananenflanke, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    deal is official now: http://www.borussia.de/english/team...=17677&cHash=ee709261bf322a6310357a347378c7ba
    no numbers! ...who would have thought ;-)

I'm pretty sure Borussia tricked Arsenal and 'chewed them high' to 40M pound by letting Xhaka blatantly pose in their shirt and making it a must for the Gunners to agree because otherwise their fans would have gone on the rampage ... ;-))))

9. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well I would sell him in a heartbeat for that price tag. As talented as he is, he also is responsible for a lot of letdowns and regresses during the season. His fiery temper, his somehow naivete about the abilities of the opponent that leads to so many dangerous passes/tacklings etc.. On a good day he brought the team on a level where they can beat anybody but on a bad day you end with 10 men without their captain in the first half of the match.. About 40 million for Xhaka is a non brainer.

He was always loyal to the club, so I wish him good luck for his next destination Arsenal

10. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    VFL had a 25-30M bid fail; but that was because the player didn't want them. You guys, on the otherhand, the player seems to be interested in joining; like Tielemans; which should bring his pricetag into your price range (15-20M).

11. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Try Cagatay Kader from Bochum

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's not tall enough.

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wilfried Hannes was close to 1.9 m meters if not more..
    Vestergaard however hollleeeeeeeeee smokes...almost 2 m tall,not sure if we ever had such a tall D player?
    :speechless:o_O:eek:

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    at least Allofs thought Embolo was crazy about his boring club „Breel hat sich ganz klar erklärt. Er möchte gerne zum VfL Wolfsburg."
    but know Red Bull http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...embolo-rb-leipzig-vfl-wolfsburg-fc-basel.html seems to be the goal of his dreams
    a young guy who doesn't know what he wants you might think ;-)

even if the players would prefer Borussia for their next 'intermediate step' ... as long as their club has the better hand and there are plenty of interested clubs & some of them willing to pay ~ 5M more than Borussia we won't sign any of them...
    even established players like Rode are becoming unlikely in the moment S04, B04 or Golfsburg is after them
    Tielemans I'm not sure... not that much rumors around him... maybe the big ones got cautious because his season was fair to middling??? in this case we might have a small chance...
    all in all players with a lower profile right now (like Edimilson, Grillitsch) are more likely I guess... and that's okay for me... much more fun to watch them explode ;-)

16. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    sounds like a total safety risk this Xhaka-guy ;-)))
    right, still up and downs but especially his temper got 'better' the last months... and the last games he acted more defensively than before (and we did better... that's why I think the club is looking for a least one defensive six)
    he's not at 100% of his potential, 90% at best... maybe 80%
    but yes, I'm not nearly as frustrated as I am because we don't see Stranzl & Brouwers (in their best shape) anymore... and as I was when ter Steegen or Reus left

still I remember him primarily for this ... qualities we have to compensate now... not that easy at all ... and I'm refering to his leading qualities again anad again ... that's because club officials etc are always mentioning this and they should know better than I do

[by the way: the same youtube-guy has a fine Mo-vid, too... ... seems to be from England? he should stop creating these videos... it's better nobody from up there knows about our player's qualities ;-)]

17. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It depends entirely on whether the players are willing to go elsewhere or not. BVB just bought Ousmane Dembele for a fraction of what clubs like Bayern & Barca had offered Rennes; and all because the kid refused everyone but BVB.

18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, folks, it is time to move over to the new thread for the new season. I'll get that up and running in a minute.