Team News 2015/2016

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 28, 2015.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the new thread for the new season as we head into the Champions League.

2. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ahh finally!

lol ;)

3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @panicfc :ESPN transfers indicating Ginter might be possible due to his situation at BVB, and listing a few others around Europe Gladbach may have some interest in.

4. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No thx, no no no do not want

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    KICKER-CB-List:
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...015/artikel_wird-ginter-wieder-ein-thema.html

Ginter again (Eberl: "He chose Dortmund last year. I don't want to say more on that." ... Right so!)
    Chancel Mbemba (20, Anderlecht)
    Willi Orban (22, 1. FC Kaiserslautern) (the name is circulating in supporter-circles for a while; I always thought of wishful thinking/speculation for the fun of it [because he is young, talented and at this point needs a BL-team ... 'the next step'-thing you know] .... don't know if KICKER knows of real interest from Borussia or just took up the issue)
    Andreas Christensen (19, FC Chelsea)

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    they called Sabitzer back from Red Bull Salzburg... the player made clear that 2.Bundesliga/Leipzig is not the place for him to progress & develop next season
    they (Rangnick) made pretty, and I mean pretty pretty pretty, clear that 2.Bundesliga/Leipzig is the place he's gonna play next season
    I doubt they let Poulsen go, even if he gets on his knees... it's against their attitude (and a contractual situation which allows him to leave isn't that likely... Poulsen is too young and a wasn't established enough -at least at the time he signed- for that)... but I will let myself be surprised...
    and roughly 43M in TV-money is coming in, too.... sounds a lot but in comparison to clubs like even A.F.C. Bournemouth it's peanuts (the awful English are spoiling the prices! ;-)))
    and we always have to keep in mind that the transfer fee is only one part of the story: Stindl f.e., while being a transfer-fee-bargain given his class, most likely represents a significant financial effort for Borussia (if you look at the whole package)

;-) !!!

I agree, Mehmedi comes as close to Kruse as it gets
    but I'll miss Kruse: he was a type, a leader, a workhorse, a wheeler-dealer and his ability to read the game-situations (and the position of his teammates at every moment) [~ "Spielübersicht", is there an english term for that?] was plain and simple world class (not all of him was world class, of course) ... I can't see Hrgota taking his part ... but rather Hazard ... but here too, not sure if he's ready
    but maybe Favre is gonna find a totally new solution... and isn't even looking for a Kruse-clone

Lamprey repped this.
  7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    seems you're right
    according to a guy who follows the U23 closely he's even struggling to find his place there
    Mo wasn't put into action in the highly important relegation-match (0:0) on wednesday either

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Orban just sign with Red Bull Leipzig???

9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    yep, Google says 5 hours ago according to Kicker etc.

this here is kind of interesting (and contrary to our previous statements): http://www.ligainsider.de/mahmoud-dahoud_2735/gladbach-setzt-auf-dahoud-114557/
    they're refering to an interview Eberl gave to SPORTBILD (I don't know the original interview and don't rely on ligainsider that much)
    anyway: regarding Dahoud (and Schulz): "Two very good guys we want to rely on." Xhaka, Nordtveit and them... that's it, it seems! "We will not take any further action on this position."
    this and Eberls statement that they plan to use Stindl more offensively (not few already assumed that but not without expecting an experienced new signing for DM) evokes a gentle cry of astonishment on my side (and that despite the fact that I already suspected they are not gonna live the CL-highlife)

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To an epic season under the command of Lucien Fvare :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

panicfc repped this.
  12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our Regionalliga team lost the second relegation match today vs Werder Bremen II 2-0 in extra time before about 10,000 at Borussia Park and so will not be playing in the 3 BL next season. The first match ended 0-0 in Bremen. So the last two matches in Borussia Park had a sad ending this yer.

13. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better for the kids to play against lower competition, get used to success and winning.

14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the jump to the big team is less. Anyway, I want us to win everywhere and all the time....

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking to another club and they were in a similar situation - their youth director (which the reserves fall under), had mixed feeling. Kids playing against men was very difficult, and the kids lose confidence. Plus they get injured more.

16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern sniffing around X...........:(

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like that concept very much :D

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Screw Hollywood...but thats what they do best..and they have done this 4 ever.Lets hope X Time can avoid the temptation...the guy is now pretty much our mastermind in midfield.After Kruse...if he leaves as well...not sure how we can sustain losses like that??:confused:

19. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Vision is a well used term imo.

20. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schar to Hoffenheim. There's a shocker. Do they pay more, or did your boy Lucien not rate him HGB?

I know Gladbach are looking at an African CB playing in Europe...........

21. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Apparently his injury history scared you off. Shame but I've heard great things about that kid from Anderlecht from some belgians.

22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BMG set to announce loan for Chelsea 19 yoa defender Andreas Christensen soon.

Will be the 3rd new player into the squad.

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am so shocked i had to stay away from the forum's..i mean ..i just dunno where to start or even put it to words...i mean WOW....for him to even consider Hoppneheim ( regardless of pay cheque )
    Am not sure but this most likely TOP's the Luuk De Jong cluster fuark:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I posted a link about this loan..what happened to it?:thumbsdown: