Team News 2014/2015

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 17, 2014.

1. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    CB: I forgot Basel's Schär, of course

by the way: two weeks ago a RP article http://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussball/borussia/so-veraendert-sich-borussia-aid-1.5076875 mentioned the name Ventura Alvarado (US-Mexican-leftback playing for CF America)
    Ex-Striker Rob Friend (now agent) was seen at Borussia Park and caught claiming "I bring a good boy from America"... RP speculated this could be Alvarado
    seems a little bit far-fetched for me... anyway: anybody see him play?

LuckyStriker and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  2. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've given up on Schar ever joining you. He would be too perfect for Favre if he joined Tony and Alvaro as the anchors of your defense so the Football Gods will not allow it. So long as you grab one of the young CBs you've been linked to Orban/Tah/Heintz, I'll be content, but god damn would Schar be awesome.

On to the Kruse replacement:
    -Mitrovic is much more mobile and technically gifted than LdJ was. He doesn't just move better, he combines better to. I'm not certain he's the best fit, but he would fit well and could give you more the physical element that Hahn brought in his cameos up front.
    -Hopefully you don't blow much money on Okazaki or di Santo; but any of the young Swiss Forwards would be a solid pick up.
    -I'm doubtful that a Volland transfer is in the cards. Seems like he's going to stay this summer and Firmino will move on.
    -I like RedBull's Poulsen, but he's too inexperienced to step in as the top option and would likely be too pricey as a second option unless you could snap up Mehmedi for cheap to be the starter until Poulsen is ready.

I would love it if you went after Vietto. Haven't heard anything linking you guys to him, but his buyout is under 20M (17 or 18M I think) which wouldn't be too much more than you got for Kruse and you got to see first hand how well he could fit in Favre's attack. Also with the success Alvaro has had dipping into La Liga off of a top 4 finish has paid dividends for you recently...

3. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    what? anchor of our defense?
    that's Stranzl! for now and for evermore (okay I'm exaggerating a little bit)
    ask Jantschke! he should now! ;-)

thanks, I don't have the slightest clue about Mitrovic; sometimes I study some Youtubes ... but then again: a lot of suckers looked damn good on Youtube... anyway: always a pleasure to get some profound information

no need for doubt; he has extended his contract, that's why I spoke of a 'silly move'

exactly, he's playing for the wrong club!
    plain simple: it's surely against their attitude to let him go and they don't need the money, that's for sure

DEMBOLO of Basel comes up from time to time; as usual I haven't seen him play but contrary to
    Mitrovic EVERYBODY seems to be pretty pretty sure that's he's a monster-talent
    Favre spoke highly of him some time ago but pointed out, that he's more or less out of reach because the really big clubs are highly attentive already ... but but maybe maybe ... the "Favre-factor" ... a tiny tiny chance ... let's have a dream...

a fresh name from today: http://www.transfermarkt.de/radja-nainggolan/profil/spieler/41982
    seems a little bit pricey to me but the rumour is that Borussia has contacted his agent

sounds good but I really don't expect transfer fees like that
    there are people who claim to have seen Volland at the Borussia Park ... true or false but it has something to be said for it when I think of Eberl's "unfeasible at the moment" when asked about Volland ... maybe they really talked and Eberl checked the 'packet-prize' (like he did with de Bruyne too before he chose for Volkswagen)... maybe a part of the Kruse money is already spent for Hazard and given the fact that Borussia is looking for at least three etablished players 18M could be too much for one player...

you rightly mentioned Mehmedi, he's on the wishlist of many supporters (and as most of the Swiss Nationals is automatically linked with Borussia) ... the body-stripping has begun since unfortunately Freiburg was relegated

and finally: Tobias Sippel from K'lautern is the new No.2 Goalie!
    I really like Heimeroth but in my opinion Sippel should turn out to be a crucial upgrade

Rosebud repped this.
  4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the kind of upgrade you hope you never need.....

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I second that! but yet I'm gonna sleep better ;-)

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Herrmann got an invitation to Billygoattown (Germany vs. USA, June 10th)

7. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious what you guys think about Johnson's standing for next season? Think you guys are gonna try to upgrade him or see how he does next season?

8. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen Alvarado play, and he's been pretty disappointing from what I've seen in Liga MX. Not horrible, but he made a lot of mistakes against the Montreal Impact in the CONCACAF Champions League and was very underwhelming. He was impressive in a couple friendlies for the U.S. though so take that for what its worth. He's got potential, but he's far from a finished product.

Bananenflanke repped this.
  9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well that just goes without saying; is obvious.

I can't claim to have watched too much of the belgian league, but that club has a number of exciting youths, so I watched their european matches and a couple of the bigger belgian ties for them. And Mitrovic will need time to adapt and learn, but he brings a wider skillset than LdJ, even if I did believe that LdJ could adjust if given enough time, but ultimately he never showed that creativity on the ball that let him build his confidence and find his shooting boots for Twente.

Plus they're likely losing Firmino this summer, so they're going to try to do everything they can to convince Volland not to ask to be sold as well.

Here I think the player is much more likely to ask out. Especially if a CL team comes calling. They spent quite a bit of coin on Selke so he has to feel like his opportunities to play the 9 are going to be threatened next year on a second division team; and though Poulsen can play on the wing as well as through the middle; I won't be surprised if he wants to leave for someplace he can shine as a 9, even if he has to develop some more and earn it from a solid guy like one of the swiss forwards. If you guys don't move for him I can certainly see FC VW or Vizekusen doing so.

I like the player a lot, but I'm not sure the fit with the Stindl signing, unless Stindl was signed to play as an attacker/with the understanding that he'd be competing for the Kramer job with another signing like Nainggolan.

I'm not certain I expect fees like that either, but I think there's a very good chance that between the CL funds and Kruse funds, you do push for one really splashy get, even if it's someone you need to polish like Hazard was...or Poulsen would be...I mean you guys came very close to signing lacazette last summer for an only slightly smaller fee, so with CL money guaranteed and Kruse money coming in I think there will be the cash for one big signing while Eberle works his magic and find 4 key rotation guys with the remaining 38 cents.

I feel for the Freiburg, though that won't stop me from my cheering my Eiserne on against them, but I like Mehmedi and think he has many of Kruse's qualities, albeit needing some Favre to really coax them out. Not quite as good a shooter, or as slick on the ball, but if you could get him for cheap due to the relegation, that could be awesome.

Good depth move.

10. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    it's all over the country (in this case: Belgium)
    http://www.transfermarkt.de/chancel-mbemba/profil/spieler/203348 ought to join Borussia
    I confess prefering dutch sources to belgian ones and therefore keep my temper
    http://www.anderlecht-online.be/article.php?id=27952&lang=fra
    http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20150526_01699953
    8M the story goes
    funny thing: nobody knows for sure how old he is http://www.goal.com/de/news/1021/po...cel-mbemba-der-mann-mit-den-vier-geburtstagen
    and yes, let him be our Kompany!

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note that Nortveit got a two game suspension for his red card for "unsportmanlike conduct". Not sure that was fair, all things considered, but I am not sure how he reacted to the card.

12. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    his standing is pretty good right now... he has found his place and finally got the respect he was looking for
    he's not exactly an outstanding player but one who closely follows his manager's accurate instructions for postional play (inch-perfect instructions according to some players)
    Favre-soccer is all about 'balance' and defensive order and these are Johnson's strenghts (at least when playing in left midfield)
    but Fabian's ability/coolness to score definitely needs an upgrade: he missed more or less everything and most of it rashly

13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    yep, 'Notbremse' that far away from the goal with Oscar nearby? KICKER gave the referee-team an unprettified "6" and explained: "chaotische und insgesamt katastrophale Spielleitung, Nordtveits Platzverweis wegen angeblicher Notbremse (...) war der Höhepunkt des Fehler-Festivals"
    the DFB-Sportgericht sucks ... once again

by the way: Relegation-Ticker Borussia II: https://twitter.com/borussiaLIVE

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meant to reply to this yesterday, then all hell broke loose in Zurich and Miami.

Volland - he is waiting for an offer from England.

Di Santo - I'm not interested.

Drmic - I think he is the target.

Seferovic - I think he stays at EF, Alex Meier apparently loves playing with him.

Mitrovic - I've seen him play a few times, he's not a good fit as you said.

Okazaki - this I could see, but once again you are right about the price.

--
    Dahoud - I don't think he's ready.

15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From an Anderlecht fan site:
    Chancel Mbemba has continued to perform fantastically. I would have him in my team for next season but he’ll go to a bigger team or a bigger league. He is ready. His absences have harmed Anderlecht.

16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What position does he play panic ?
    DM /AM- check. Back-up Keeper -done.

On tap : CB , LB-back up, CAM/W//// F?...........

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As we are now in preparation for the new season, I am going to start the 2015/2016 news thread.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  19. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck yeah, why?

Tore up for Palermo. Fiorentina bought him, struggled, then finished the season on fire. Scored a rocket goal from 35 yards last game.

Bit too slow for me to fill the Kruse role, but he's got some talent.

Check out youtubes of him.

21. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    says here BMG is looking into him.

22. panicfc