Team Design Ideas

Discussion in 'Milwaukee' started by Benchwarmer32, Oct 27, 2005.

1. illwauk

illwauk Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Milwaukee
    I'm just pitching ideas... no need to get into a huff.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of europosing, but I thought I'd pitch some of those names since that seems to be the direction MLS is going in. Besides, Milwaukee AC was the name of one of the teams the Packers played in their first season.

And Milwaukee Bavarians is the name of a (still active) amatuer club that's been around since 1929. Not only does it have history, but I think it'd be a little easier to get the rights to that name (and lead to a lot less confusion) than the Wave.

As much as I'd love to see the MPS team be called the Wave, it's just not gonna happen...

2. DjTannerr

DjTannerr Member

Dec 3, 1999
    New York/Milwaukee,WI
    Some sort of shield for mock-up purpose
    [​IMG]

Primary
    [​IMG]

Change
    [​IMG]

(note: I know the warriors logo couldn't be used, but hey.... copying can be quicker that creating)

3. wmsoccer

wmsoccer New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Steger, Il
    I like the Bavarian theme for a Milwaukee team but if I am not mistaken the Bavarian colors ar blue and white. Why not a blue and white design for the kit?

4. DjTannerr

DjTannerr Member

Dec 3, 1999
    New York/Milwaukee,WI

Yup. They are blue and white.
    Here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. DjTannerr

DjTannerr Member

Dec 3, 1999
    New York/Milwaukee,WI
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think getting away from the checkered pattern, and including a dark brown would be nice. Might try later.

6. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what about cream (for cream city) and claret perhaps??? i think that would be an awesome combo. sort of remeniscent of the arsenal jersies of a few years ago...

7. mkecane

mkecane New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Milwaukee
    These ones look great.

8. Lebronfeldt

Lebronfeldt New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    I like the green uniform the best...not a big fan of the checkered pattern.

9. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Kansas City.

I like the green home and yellow/red on the road look from above. That would be unique to the league as it is currently presented.

Unfortunately, the warriors nickname will never fly. As a die-hard Illinois Fighting Illini fan, I know how these things end up going down.

10. DjTannerr

DjTannerr Member

Dec 3, 1999
    New York/Milwaukee,WI
    Ok... here's the attempt.
    Crest:
    [​IMG]
    Not that good, I think. Large and small blue-green for the lake and river, respectively. Stars indicate the 4 major breweries and locations according to river and lake (Blatz, Pabst, Schlitz, and Miller, the largest and still operating). And the moon on the lake, perhaps a token to "girl on the moon" from Miller. Needs work, though.

Home:
    [​IMG]

Away:
    [​IMG]

Here are more options if you prefer:
    http://www.monstersloch.com/andre/milwaukee/ccfc/ccfc.html

(note: as you can see, I don't mind doing these mock-ups. I have an easy system to do these. Any other suggestions, let me know).

11. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    those are awesome! i'd run to stefans the minute those came in stock!! :) i love the cream and green too...the name cream city sc i think is pretty good too. those unaquainted with the cream city nickname would have a field day, though...
    anyways, impressive, impressive work, man. hope if we ever get a team, some of these ideas will be noted by those in the decision making process!

12. K-sWeise

K-sWeise Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    If a team should use a ethnic type reference I think that the "eagles" would be pretty sick. They could split the symbol/crest with half polish eagle and half german eagle. I dont have photo shop so i cant put the two together for you but if you can read you should be able to envision it, and if you want its possible to probably fit an american eagle in there too. I dont know if I would be for a name that would reference a certain ethnicity, and the only other team i can think of in the USA would be the celtics. And if it's a normal team name make it relivent to mil-town's history or what makes us original not any "rael" or warriors BS. Give me some feedback on the eagles though, and if anyone wants to shop a symbol together that would be cool.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. K-sWeise

K-sWeise Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    i guess the polish one didnt work but just go to yahoo image search and type in polish eagle and you will see some. I take it you all know the way that an american one looks like.

Thanks

14. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These are fantastic. What program do you use?

15. DjTannerr

DjTannerr Member

Dec 3, 1999
    New York/Milwaukee,WI
    Adobe Illustrator. Easier and clearer mock-ups, I think.

16. DjTannerr

DjTannerr Member

Dec 3, 1999
    New York/Milwaukee,WI
    Hope this is what you had in mind:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. K-sWeise

K-sWeise Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    hell yeah dj those are sick. or if not that the cream city is pretty cool, as long as it represents what milwaukee's history so the eagles or a brewery reference definately works. I wish there was something we as just people who want to see a milwaukee team could do to create a soccer team here, but i guess thats for a different thread. thanks for making the kits tho.

18. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    this last set is the best....white home and black away....classic

yellow 3rd kit looks very sweet, i'd buy all 3

19. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Milwaukee Lakers, anybody?

Would make a helluva lot more sense there than in LA (if not quite as much as it did in Minneapolis).

20. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please no

21. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    If the team were based in Madison it would make sense....last time i checked Milwaukee didnt have to many lakes.

Are we gunna name the team "Milwaukee BLANK" or "Wisconsin BLANK"

22. MLC_United

MLC_United New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Crete, IL
    Ever hear of Lake Michigan?

23. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    nope....where is it??

24. St. Patrick

St. Patrick Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Milwaukee, WI
    Haven't read through the whole thread, but a couple of things:

1) Based on past teams in Milwaukee, blue and green have played dominant roles in the color scheme (might have to do with Lake Michigan as an influence for the city).

2) Mascot names have run the spectrum (Hawks, Bucks, Mustangs, Rampage, Brewers, Wave), so no real trend to go with.

3) I LIKE the idea of Cream City FC, but maybe use the cream as a secondary color with the blue as a primary kit:

[​IMG]

Could you mock that up for us, DJTannerr, and maybe something with a slightly darker blue?