Team Chants

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by !axel, Mar 25, 2010.

1. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    after reading, and getting pissed off, at the Ralph's Mob's website posting on how they see us as tied for the worst Supporters Group (with Miami), I think we really need to give it to them. Let's be as loud as we can and heckle the shit out of their players, and if they dare to show up their fans.

2. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) No fans coming.

2) I think we need to give it to them. Mr. Wongberger Style!

[​IMG]

He sent dudes out to steal things from fellows.....ONLY FELLOWS!

3. VFL Wolfsburg

VFL Wolfsburg New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    This is my first attempt at a chant. I have been trying to think of a way to involve all Supporters Groups. Here goes:
    At every Cardinal game, I get drunk and end up at Paddy O's. When a certain song, "Sweet Caroline," comes on, the place goes crazy and everyone sings. I think we should sing" HEY A C....(bahm bahm bahm) Eads Brigade is here for you.
    HEY AC....(bahm bahm bahm) River Saints are here for you
    Hey AC....(bahm bahm bahm) The Day Pints are here for you
    Hey AC....(bahm bahm bahm) Henry Shaw is here for you
    Hey AC....(bahm bahm bahm) Laclede's Army are here for you
    Hey AC....(bahm bahm bahm) United Knights are here for you
    Not in any specific order. Sorry if I left anyone out.

4. KyleScarborough

KyleScarborough New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For one, that's the dumbest reasoning ever.

Two, clearly it isn't the same, since you felt the need to censor one and not another.

And three, you aren't beating the shit out of anything.

5. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't even sweat it.

Jealousy is a stinky cologne.

6. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're still bringing it big on Saturday.

We may need oodles of beer to get this party started right.

7. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    somebody needs to come up with a chant/song to convey a ******** OFF-VAIDS vibe.

8. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** that.

We need a pro Cooper chant.

What a shitstorm that man has endured and he keeps chugging along.

9. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

still not 1000% sure that Cooper is blameless. I'm taking a wait and see, hopefully he's gonna be a solution and not another problem.

10. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could blame him for involving the wrong people but to the extent of the sketchy bullshit he's being blamed for? Nah, man. I don't see it.

11. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

here's the thing. You and I are huge fans. If we had $200million (liquid or assest) and we had been working hard for at least 5 years to bring Soccer to the STL, wouldn't we be out front telling everyone its alright? Sure there are going to be some legal issues to work out and it may take a while to transfer majority ownership to Cooper, but in the long run he should have enough to make it happen- IF he wants to. I'm just saying there's still probably more to the story that will come out. I hope that Cooper is going to save this situation, but I'm not ready to champion him only to be let down. He needs to step up and give us a reason to believe in him.

I know from friends that work at the team that he has been very distant from the club. He's come to the games and enjoyed the supporters groups enthusiasm, but he's not been involved and hasn't wanted to hear about the bullshit problems. He may now know that its even worse than we've heard and or suspect. The marketing and merchandising has been a complete joke. The staff don't communicate with fans or each other. When they do, you're likely to get two different answers. Hopefully Cooper can straighten it all out, it just worries me that he hasn't taken charge of this situation and at least tried to manage the spin.

12. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right.

Truth is I've just tried to be as optimistic as possible.

But, ******** it.

Whatever happens will happen.

13. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm trying to say, not all is doom and gloom- but its not all roses either.

We will see what happens. BUT... Let's enjoy this to the fullest for as long as it lasts. I think we all need to party tonight for us and for the players because we've done everything right.

14. VFL Wolfsburg

VFL Wolfsburg New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Lets all just have a great time tonight and kick it like its our last game EVER!!!!

15. VFL Wolfsburg

VFL Wolfsburg New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    True dat, Chickenhead!! I'm on board

16. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, YES!!! Let's Rock this shit!!

17. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We might be on the Hindenburg, but let's make this fireball a hell of a show.

18. TetsuoShima

TetsuoShima New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    St. louis Metro East
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to say regardless of the score and the ref with eagle vision down the field *cough bullshit cough* last night was a great time overall. From our Laclede's Army president Liz singing the national anthem then sprinting across the field to the Army and cheering her heart out the whole game. To the 2nd half when we moved down to fit in between Eads Brigade, Day Pints and HSC. Then onto the after party at hooters where a bunch of us got to meet some of the players and staff and even fellow bigsoccer posters.

Just want to say it was great meeting everyone at the after party and again Grats to you English Mike for Blackpool's promotion! Mike must of talked to Ralston for 20 minutes at Hooters now lets just hope he remembers it. lol

Thanks for the great night everyone!

19. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    English Mike (who actually prefers to go by Blackpool Mike) talked to Ralston? OH man, I would have loved to have been in on that conversation. Especially with as much as Mike had to drink at that point.

20. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike was a slurring drunkard. It was pretty hilarious. Plus all the Hooters girls are naturally in Blackpool colors, so he was hugging and harassing every one going, "my tangerine army!".

Plus everytime one would so much as rest a hand on his shoulder he'd squeeze em by the waist and not let go for a little bit.

It was pretty epic to witness.

21. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny! Damn, wish I would have gone.
    btw, Kyle, what's the word from Ken?

Finally....can we get back on topic? We need new chants!!

22. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems the Vaids had money issues back home, that hurt us, but there's apparently some sort of money invested that we can't touch until a contract is breached...something along those lines.

So, when that happens, we'll get the money and be good for the season. Beyond that, we need an investor, because it's totally up in the air of Cooper would fund it or even has the money to do so.

Ultimately I believe we'll be fine for the season but beyond that, still a debate.

I talked with a few of the players and they seemed as clueless and upset as we all are.

23. STLSpurs

STLSpurs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    St. Louis

SPOT ON. COME ON, I AM SICK OF THE SAME OLD "OLE, OLE, OLE" FOR THE WHOLE MATCH.

and yes, I intended to use all caps there, although out of frustration rather than anger.

I tried (and rocco tried) to get a "theres only one steve ralston" going, but even that didnt catch on...we also tried "no smoke, no tickets", but to no avail.

I brought three new people to the match who said they enjoyed the atmosphere, but complained about the repetition of songs. They have a valid point. We're in a complete rut of "AC! *clap clap clap* STL!"

Let's get with the program. Sorry if I sound like a bit of a jackass, but that's just how I feel. I know there are people on here that want to do more, so just start yelling out your chant at the games...

anyway, here's a few more suggestions

*a slower version of "Oh When the Saints"
    * "come on you saiiiiints, come on you saiiiiiints"
    *one steve ralston/one jeff cooper
    * a continuation of "we're so broke and we don't we care"
    *"help! we need some money!" i dont have any lyrics yet, but with some help...

also, I heard United Knights chanting something in Bosnian, I think. I'd love to join in if they had some sort of phonetically spelled instructions.

*end rant*

24. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got this fascination with doing Oh When The Saints all slow.

I doubt it's ever gonna catch on considering the version used now at both AC and SLA matches.

Plus I was pretty proud of starting the AC Til I Die chant during the dead air time early on. :D

25. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree it's too repetitious. (And I also tried to start a "There's Only One Steve Ralston, also to no avail.)

Certain people Saturday kept the same chant going for a solid six minutes at the beginning of the match, which only made things worse.

I don't have suggestions right now, but I'll join with anybody to get new ones started.