News: Team captains are the best players - OTT [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Now Serving Catalan Hypocrisy & Whine - OTT

Canon and EruditeHobo repped this.
  2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BR and Celtic look to have punched their CL ticket. Wouldn't mind seeing them in United's group. A game at Celtic Park would be pretty nice (and so would a "Battle of Britain" of sorts).

3. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Asensio **** me - how good is this kid?

Another left footed strike and consecutive goals against Barca.

4. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He's going to make some big names irrelevant over there. He should be and probably will be a nailed on starter this year.

5. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  6. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not a surprise. Quite a few outlets have said he was far from first choice for them.

7. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    People will no longer talk about BBC, they will talk about ABC. :whistling::whistling:

8. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    2-0 and that's game over.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another example of how Chelsea have no one but themselves to blame for the situations they keep putting themselves in. Rudiger has potential, but he's still very young and raw. Not sure he should have been expected to be so important, so early on. With Cahill out though, they won't have much of a choice.
    At least they kept Christiensen, he's got some potential. But it also begs the question: why send Zouma out on loan? I get that Conte didn't play him much last term, but with him a few more months into his recovery from his knee injury, he could have been useful, at least until the likes of Rudiger and/or Chrstiensen proved ready.
    Conte and Chelsea have suffered some misfortune, but the squad management alone so far, really leaves to be desired, from our position.

10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He's not getting a lot of help but I've yet to be impressed by Umtiti. Benz didn't do too much to lose him on the second goal. He seemed to just give up.

11. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    PSG and their Feeder Clubs - the OTT

Buyout Clause 101 - the OTT

Teams that can't beat Madrid's Reserves - the OTT

12. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    All of these are worse mine.

13. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Bullshit.

His only poor run came when Lvg kept switching between 3 and 4 at the back; Jones and Smalling on the other hand have failed us numerous times with their form or fitness.

14. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Well Klopp has been talking a lot of shit over the last 12 months as well.

He has moaned about an alleged offside goal against United a dozen times already including just last weekend

'Was I happy with the start of the game? No,' Klopp added. 'We had pre-season where it is clear how we want to defend.

'In the end it is not fair. I don't imagine many people wrote that we won 3-2 according to the rules but, like Manchester United last year, their goal was offside.

Can you think of any other manager who gets away with moaning about one incident so much? Only Wenger in his early honeymoon period. Just let it go instead of moaning about it every fecking month, that's just plain insane at that point.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  15. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    benni..., Futbol_Head and EruditeHobo repped this.
  16. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't even disagree -- I pay zero attention to that crap and wasn't even aware of this latest comment. It's dumb for anyone to bring up an offside in a match from last season/months ago.

Still... Jose is psychologically-speaking on some other level.

cr7torossi repped this.
  17. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Fellaini dominated R.Madrid by himself

jnielsen repped this.
  18. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't disagree. I can tell this is important to you so I'll let you have this one.

19. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's pure nonsense.

He had 1 good season under SAF when Vidic started to fade and had some injury troubles. But that was when Rio was still excellent and was holding his hand. The last season under SAF our defense as a whole was not very good and we conceded tons of early goals.

Once SAF left, he was basically given the reigns to be the guy in the back and he failed miserably. Some of that can be attributed to Moyes and LvG but he also folded under pressure.

20. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be nice to him, sales have been down this month.

21. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's the dice you roll when your entire income is commission based.

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For all intents and purposes, the career of Evans at United can be very much compared to Nani's. Did both have excellent (and we can even say montrous) seasons in their time at the club? Yes, absolutely. But it is also absolutely true, in both cases, that their lows and the final years of their United careers are the reason they were let go.
    Evans, especially in that final year under Van Gaal looked a player completely devoid of confidence and a deer in the headlights when he was called upon to the main guy at the back for us.
    It's nice that he managed to rebound with WBA and as noted earlier, he could be valuable to City, as long as Kompany is around in the same backline with. Stick him with either Stones or Otamendi and I can predict with confidence what will happen.
    The bottom line remains that Evans (just like Nani), for one reason or another, never really reached the heights he was expected to, and worse, just ended up being pretty poor, especially after putting in some banging displays early in his time with the club.

23. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I'll have you know that I have a fantastic 4 figure salary!

24. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe you shouldn't take as many days off?

benni... repped this.