Tata's Tactics Thread

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by dredgfan, Mar 15, 2018.

1. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never really had a team, just followed the league. I think the leagues next big move is to get a couple more big time manager names in the bigger stadiums. With the parity, sort of, I think more coaches will want to challenge themselves in the league and those top managers who want to run a team clean slate will jump the pond. That's why I just posted last year but have spent the first two weeks of actual league coverage focusing on Tata's tactics in some way.

Didn't see any reason to not start this thread once I read through some of the threads here.

So far, my long takes are linked here. Not trying to spam.

Short take, Tata with talent will figure out how to win big in this league. Until he can't afford the talent(not happening in Atlanta with 72k) or coaches even better than Tata are in MLS to challenge, Atlanta is set up to win for a while.

https://mlsmultiplex.com/2018/03/08/houston-dynamo-atlanta-united-winning-tactics-worry-depth/

https://mlsmultiplex.com/2018/03/15/atlanta-united-tata-martino-tactics/

2. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His ability to afford the talent will probably be affected more by the salary cap system than the bank account. Winning consistently in MLS requires finding the talent in the minimum-wage and middle-class players on your roster and leveraging it appropriately. Each team is limited in the number of huge stars it can purchase. Atlanta seems to have done a good job so far, but the test will be maintaining that level of quality over the long term. Tata's record suggests he should succeed.

GoDawgsGo repped this.
  3. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the 352 worked again.

need to keep a clean sheet once in a while

I'm thinking bigger clubs will package on type of garber buck for another. Draft picks for TAM trades. The teams with more fans will have more owner money to spend instead of a mostly league office paid team like Chicago.

4. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed. And as long as we keep Tata we should be able to sustain that pipeline. Talent will want to play for him. Especially once we sell off guys to big clubs the next generation will see us as a launch pad.

5. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is sticking with Gressel in the new right wing channel in training I hear.

I hope Tata unlocks some kids by finding roles as jobs rather than old staid position lines.