Takefusa Tsubasa - The Official 久保 建英 Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by CivilProtection, Jul 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was cleared out during the transfer ban era, he was the victim of this whole youth without the company of an elder family member clear out.

A Barca coach was on TV the other day saying it's one of the biggest losses in the history of the academy.

I really hope he's the real deal.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Barca and PSG thought his contract with Tokyo was gonna end in December 2019. RM meanwhile knew he was gonna be a free agent in June and pounced. :D Hope he turns into a star for us.

Ahmadi8 and Halycon repped this.
  3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He’s gonna be 99 rated on the next PES.

Modric-87 and saadomar repped this.
  4. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If i remember correctly Farca offered him 250K, while he wanted between 1 - 1.5M or some? They thought he would come their way just cuz he played for em, fools. Anyway very glad we got him and it seems he wants a future here too.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Well obviously Kubo can fix that, just like he fixed his own choice before. :p

Hsain85 repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He looks good, looking forward to seeing both him and Rodrygo getting chances with first team

Zidane05 repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

saadomar repped this.
  8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It looked like Kubo was deployed as a CM?

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, next to or slightly in front of Kroos. Don't think it's where he will end up, but today he was there because we lacked better options. He didn't look great today and Atletico really highlighted how slight he is physically. He tried to actually get stuck in but it looked wrong. Still had that tasty shot saved by Oblak that lead to the goal. More of that please.

10. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah he's not going to be great for you defensively. He needs to be in the final 3rd of the pitch.

11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Of course he won`t be great defensively. Neither was Iniesta. He needs properly structured midfield with CDM / CM to provide defensive foundation. Then he should thrive. Of course down the road assuming he develops nicely.

Interiores and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Interesting, is he considered so far as a possible CM as opposed to a winger/CAM? I'm not opposed to it but I don't think he's ever played CM in his career at pro or youth level as far as I know.

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Modrić started as AM. I don`t see anything unusual in such situation. The contrary. Maturity shows your real position, not youth.

Anon. repped this.
  14. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only bright spot in a miserable team and preseason

Modric-87 repped this.
  15. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Eh, Iniesta took a massive amount of defensive work until his legs were gone.

4x4s repped this.
  16. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Sure. He was master tackler.

Drouchk repped this.
  17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    If this kid was playing in that Atleti team yesterday people on this forum would call him the second coming of Jesus.
    He is as talented and polished as Josh Felix, he just needs the opportunity to show case it .

18. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    So... playing good defense is just being a tackler (lol)?

19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    3 shots on target within 10 minutes of coming on the pitch vs Spurs. Even Hazard wasn't half as productive in 70+ minutes that he played

Ahmadi8 and Ayayain repped this.
  20. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I know it sounds crazy, but I would keep him in the first team, and use him as a supersub in the last 30 min (and maybe one day make him a starter).

He's too good, imo, to rot with Castilla :ninja:

He needs to do what MBappe did with Monaco. They tried to tell him he was too young, and he forced his way up because he was confident in his qualities despite his age.

But maybe he just shines because the old guard is utter crap.

Ahmadi8 and Lyra repped this.
  21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This kid has talent, discipline, and composure.

Our most exciting signing this season

22. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I feel bad for Kubo. He deserves to be in a better place than this chaos. It's not good for his development.
    The coach himself seems to be clueless about developing young talent to be honest.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He will be under Raul at Castilla. He was playing in J league before this. Let him dominate Castilla like Vinicius and then go from there.

Excape Goat repped this.
  24. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's too young, I'm not sure whether he can handle the physical demands of playing week in week out with the first team, he can be a great supersub though.

It wouldn't hurt to work a bit more on his physical attributes in Castilla and grow a bit under Raul, there's also the talk about his main position, from what I've read he has mostly been used in front 3 or as an attacking midfielder, while in our games he has shown promise to be a solid CM as well.

We've got a long way to be the top dog in Europe, but we've got an exciting future with him, Vin and Rodrygo. Can't wait!

meringues repped this.
  25. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    No man he isn’t a CM and I hope we don’t turn him into a CM. He needs a free rol on the right or play as a CAM. Those 2 positions suits him best, to be active and decisive in the final 3rd.