TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FO YO SELF! - Tyra Banks - NSROT [15 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by kaitster, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Christian Gross?

2. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    bigg, i beg you please, dont!

my life as a season ticket holder started when gross was at the helm, and my lord that was depressing. you do forget how bad things were, and i must say in my 22 years of supporting spurs, i havent had a lot to shout about, and in recent years things have picked up. but i cant help but wonder what things would be like if we were to get the best out of our current crop of players. im by no means saying we're contenders for the title, but we should be running the top teams a lot closer than we have done for the last 9000 years. and by that i mean at least perhaps beat them every now and then.

we do have the potential, its not like we're ever short of cash either? we have no back bone, and i think we need a character (although maureen is a dick) to install a win at all cost mentality. ive been all over the country and most of its been dour, with some good points. i just want a return for the tens of thousands of pounds ive spent on season tickets etc!

3. Skizz

Skizz Guest

True. Spurs are capable of more, I just think you need to remember the REALLY bad days and remember it could be so much worse. You're playing in Europe tonight, like! Gross would never have done that!

4. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lately, everytime I've played football, my groin has started aching. As I continue to play, the pain worsens to a point where all my movement is restricted.

By the time I'm finished playing I can hardly even move my leg without cringing in pain. FOr the next day my groin is in such pain that I actually have to lift my leg with my hands or arms because it is too sore...and I don't have strength in it.

THe tendon in my left groin is actually swollen I think - it sticks out more then the right one.

Any ideas what the problem is?
    Hernia?:confused:

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    maybe youve just strained it

i wouldnt keep playing, just rest it for a week or so or try and strech more thoroughly before games and after

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you are worried its a hernia go and see your Dr to get it checked out. But inguinal hernias really DO stick out it will look like you've got a golf/tennis ball under your skin.

I think you've probably just really badly pulled your groin. I've done it a few times when ive been practicing tricks and not stretched my groin out properly. Its gotten to the point where i can't lift my leg up to put my trousers on so it is very painful. You aren't going to like hearing this but you should probably rest it. Otherwise it will just keep hurting, trust me i know ive battled through a bad groin strain and ended up having it for a few months until i finally couldnt take it anymore and had to admit defeat. So my advise would be rest it and take some painkillers. And if you insist on playing just make sure you really warm up, lots of running before you do stretch out the groin.

But like i say if you are worried go and get it looked at.

appleCORR

7. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Great, thanks for the advice guys - much appreciated. The quote below pretty much sums up exactly what it feels like. I'll take your advice and rest...until I get my hands on my Legends!

8. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sorry England :x. Kelly Smith is still pretty frickin baller, though!

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I feel your pain then Jason!! that was the worst ive ever pulled my groin it hurt so much but it only took a few days rest and it was ok. I just put a heat pack on it and that helped.

appleCORR

10. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    *Searches ofr a good enough rip when both apps + R&W having a heart to heart about each others groins*

Seems The England keeper is in on the whole copnspiracy AGAINST womens soccer! OH. DEAR!
    On a serious note Id advise resting said groin and NOT taking painkillers! I mean the only reason to take em is to do stuff that ur body shudn't (ie Stevie G needling to play thru broken toe), taking em will be counter productive if it means u don't rest it as u shud....

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He can take some pain killers if its hurting him! its not like he's having a numbing injection. Taking a couple of paracetamol is ok! Plus most of the time its advised so you can gently exercise the injury without too much discomfort.

appleCORR

12. wrekinrak25

wrekinrak25 Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    hey cjump how bout the wofford terriers ending appalachain state's 17 game win streak?

wofford is my parents school and is smaller than my high school yet it knocked off the best 1AA school in the country

putting spartanburg, sc on the map!

13. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea yea yea. we still are the best team ever in div1AA so fcuk off.

:D

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha, c'mon case you know you love it when me and R&W have a serious heart to heart about our groins!! :rolleyes: if you did enough exercise you might pull yours fatty then you could join in with our discussion and not feel all left out! :D

appleCORR

15. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well my groin seems fine now that I haven't played football since Wednesday. I was a bit miffed on Friday night though, when one of the girls I was with wouldn't check if it was genuinely swollen. Girls always have to turn it into something sexual!:rolleyes:

16. mid man

mid man New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    GA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cJump, im looking to possibly playing soccer at davidson. i know thats random but i just saw that you lived there. haha

17. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Charlotte's better!! :p

18. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Frikkin Medical model (im talking about the paradigm, not apps strutting up n down a cat walk in her nursey uni!), always "pill now, diagnose later", NO, taking painkillers is NOT OK, if there is said discomfort dude needs to man up n deal with it, not killing him thus makin him stronger! Sheesh!

and id argue against that had I not spent a weekend driving & eating KFC by the (literl) bucket load, and after the way I played this morning can't exactly claim to have done exercise (still scored the winner, mind, but hey who's counting!)

Is it me or is there a disproportionate number of N.Carolinians on here? Need we play Petey Pablo "Raise Up"!!!

19. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not that I am discounting Apple's advice, but I've never taken pain killers in my life...and I even refuse to take weak headache tablets. I just figure that if you've got a pain, then it is for a reason.

Has anybody bought one of those 5-litre Heineken mini kegs? Two mates and I went to a restaurant early on Friday night, before meeting up with the ladies, and we thought we'd buy one. It was good fun...but it disappeared between the 3 of us pretty quickly. I was not impressed. Nevertheless, those kegs are awesome!

20. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    R&W sure seems an alchy huh!

Yo just saw that "Premier League Allstars" on sky,, had no idea but my mate Matty "kips" Fisher is playing for Man U! He was playing the same bargain basement saturday footy team as me when I retired 18 months ago, now he playing wid Ray Wilkins & Lee Sharp! Still, he's used to having me ahead of him and im clearly better in front of goal than Darren Campbell!

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    BOOOOOO!! :( wish i still had sky one. Although i don't mind getting setanta for free now with virgin just wouldn't have minded watching that!

appleCORR

22. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i grew up with the old coach's kids. great school, great soccer program. (charlotte is not better). i attended a lot of camps when i was a wee tot. have you been up here?

23. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  24. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is it bad that i have an unprecedented hatred for the university i go to? anyone else have that probelm. (i hope you don't kait)

25. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It is my Birthday on Friday....

- I asked for the Arsenal third shirt, but nobody sells it!
    - I asked for FIFA 08, but it comes out a few days after my Birthday
    -I was told I was getting my Legends, but they haven't arrived yet!

At this rate, I'm going to get nothing for my Birthday - AGAIN!:rolleyes: