TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FO YO SELF! - Tyra Banks - NSROT [15 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by kaitster, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    happy b day dude, even if we arnt best of net chums atm

NEVER wash wife beater down with a kentucky fried non chicken related bucket though

no wonder you are ill, possibly dieing

2. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yeah no probs m8. I think we should call an end to our Bendtner feud :p Although I did reply to your last post I'm not going to get involved with it anymore. My main beef was that I felt you were having a go at Ade which I didn't appreciate but you said that wasn't the point now which is cool.

Anyway I'm a lot better now after today's result :)

3. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Wow seems stuff happens on here I ain't privvy too !
    That or im just too dumb to notice, a possibility...

Fair enough, but in your heart of heart, NO GOON or any1 else ever can say that Barca were fairly compensated for Fabs! Kinda like sayin "I stole ur car, wife AND your girlfriend, but here's some chewing gum:D

But yea sure they done it 100 times themselves so not like my heart bleeding- u ever notice that pretty much EVERY foreign import in La Liga is or on the books of OR was bought into the country by Barca/Madrid?!?! Guess they're the only 2 teams with money and scouts!!!

bigg, we all know u got drunk, for the simple reason that NO SOBER MAN HAS EVER KEPT COUNT OF HIS DRINKS!!!!!

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Very true. Very, very true.

I do feel extremely old today though. Ah well, first derby win as a 23 year old is in the bag! :D

5. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well I more then thoroughly enjoyed the game today!

When Fabregas scored I almost pissed my pants in excitement (I'm obviously not gonna get made fun of for saying that) and Ade's goal was just purely amazing - thats the African way alright!:p

6. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was humming "we've got cesc fabregas." all day at work. then a kid in a spudz shirt came in, and i refused to deal with him. i did however tell him that "we've got cesc fabregas." i am on top of the world after this win.

7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Nah, not my sort of thing. "Sexy student house party 2"?? Now you're talking. :p

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think i'll wait for it to come out on DVD - lol. You just have to type their names in on youtube and you get all of their skills so not much point in seeing the film!! :rolleyes:

appleCORR

10. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Does this strike anyone else as the last desperate attempt for apps to get herself a date?!?!

Oh snap, tha big dawg tim westwood just told me that Dub plate dramas is back on TV!!!!! Haha that show is the funniest ish ever!!!

Oh and now to rant, how is JT gonna be biatching at Morten GP for diving when Oddjob Mikel clearly hacked the fool! Thats a straightup pen, and jose needs not to be whining about how becoz of the feel and the smell he could see the goal was onside....

Oh and good to see that the anti-cristi refereeing is still livin strong, after the joke red and suspension, the boy is back to get booked for winning a peno....

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah anyone wanna take me?!!

appleCORR

12. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wheres R&W??

13. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How did I ever get caught up in this?!

Well in fact I was planning to watch it - I favourited the youtube trailers a few months back!

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol apps

films looks cool, even though that guy has a dirty scouse accent

and case, dub plate is the worst show ever comissioned

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

*cough* sorry, im busy that night, washing my du-rags....
    It's a nice day outside and im in a good mood, so im gonna let the deliberate innuendo u left in there slide (tho this is a family show apps, mebe put that kinda thing on adultfriendfinder....)

Haha, thats a funny azz vid, Marlon seems a gen.comic guy. Like u guys remember when he was takin the pizz pretending to be a prem striker! Classic:rolleyes:

Saw a lil "making of" that gods film, seriously, that scally is ON IT! "BUZZIN" 24/7, a one man comedy-coke machine....(fyi I ain't implyin he good friends with Charley Brown, just he acts like he knows him ;) WELL)

Anything with Jo Brand in would be the worst TV ever comissioned, dub plate is maaaaaaad funny coz u can laugh at the whole UK scene coz really, REALLY most the people in it are like that!

17. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I am so.. fricking sick of school.. I'm exhausted as helllll

Plus, I had two games this weekend, one of which included driving a total of 6 hours there and back, in one day.

Bleh.

19. wrekinrak25

wrekinrak25 Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    i hear you kait

i drove 3 hours each way to greenville from atlanta yesterday for two games that dont even count

20. brabbit429

brabbit429 New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Mississippi
    We drove 7 hours to Little Rock from Hattiesburg MS. Then we ended up playing a team from Mississippi. A load of crap

21. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Disclaimer, this rant is neither intentionally sexist, nor racist, as I am neither. If at times it seems this way, stop being so damn sensitive. Also, it's prolly not worth reading this, so don't!

Defending women’s Soccer is becoming increasingly difficult

Now I really don’t want this to become a rant slating the women’s game, but I do feel I must comment on it, and I fear it just might. Watching The England Vs Germany game I was very confused; on the one hand I was being told that Ze Hun (Ze Huneys if they were hot!) are reigning world champs, THE team to beat, and Reggie had said how much of an embarrassment “chickball” was after watching the 11-0 drubbing they gave to the Argies. Now I’ve always been a fan of the girls game, and will support just about anything with 3 lions on it, and he’s a big old sexist in such matters so I took it with more salt than I’ve been applying to the mouth ulcer I got (getting smacked in the face with the ball last week hasn’t left eating as fun as normal!), but yea, he was slating the whole tourney big time; the keepers were a joke, the Cheatski forward for England couldn’t score in a brothel (do chicks use brothels?), and all round the whole thing was a debacle. I watched the highlights of the Japan game, fully planning to prove him wrong with good counter points. Im afraid, I had few.
    For one, the standard of officiating is abysmal, both Japan goals were from free kicks that were simply invented, the ref really just randomly thought “I have no idea how this sport works, but I do know I gotta blow this here whistle sporadically and let one team shoot at the others”… Worse still was that the goals went in from a poor mans Cristi technique, the Japanese player put the ball on target with what can only be described as a modicum of pace, leaving the England Keeper Brown looking to prove she did only gain the gloves on the merit of being the best at taking goal kicks (the age old adage formerly used as a rib at Scots keepers but more recently aimed at women goalies). Seriously, watch the replay of the 2nd goal, Rachel Brown dives WITHOUT her leg leaving the ground, as if her toe had been nailed to the floor and she’s simply flopping to the side flailing her arms at the ball. Poor.
    I digress (when don’t I!).
    But hey, I saw the vast amount of chances we created, and truthfully wasn’t that put off, apart from the 9 Aluko (sp) who I believe must be the Cheatskier Reg was on about, coz she was guilty of playing like Ian Wright did in an England shirt. Oh well, onto Germania…
    So yea, I watched the game live and was confused, we seemed the more dominant team, impotent, yes, but how this German side spanked ELEVEN past anyone I couldn’t quite process. First half we looked the better side, only later into the second was it evident that we didn’t have the firepower to score, and we were in danger of the ol’sucker punch. Saying that we were hardly hanging on and Fay White and Farrar Williams’s names were being mentioned by the commentator almost as frequently as the girls weight/thinness was (seriously, the female color commentary was 25% cliché, in a belittling and sexist way! A male saying that would have been torched in flaming brassieres….). The girls ground out the last 15, setting up a final group game against Argentinia, a win by 2 goals ensuring progression. Remember, these were the chumpettes that Germany had put 11 past, and Japland had beat, so it’d be a spectacular late failure of Sven tactical error stature to halt our passage into the tourney KO phase.
    Watching more of the coverage, I saw high, well, lowlights that included Brasil going a goal up when a New Zealand player spanked the ball into the face of her team mate, and it flying into the net. Neither the goalkeeper nor any opponents were anywhere near this farce, nor was there any danger or need to panic. But hey, it’s a world cup; biggest game of these players’ lives, so nerves n all, right…. But then I think back to the opening of our game Vs the World Champs, and a thru ball going out for a corner as the keeper let it go past her, in her area, instead of catching the ball desperately jumped to get her head on it, a comical blunder that went un-punished in the game but surely not to the reputation of women’s keepers.
    So now im getting quite concerned, I’ve staked a fair bit of my reputation on this, I’ve said on numerous occasions how women’s football is a very decent game and not to be laughed about. I also freely admit that much of my development as a player came from being taken under the wing of an U19 girl when I was with Cambridge Utd as a young teenager- sure, any 12 year old would jump at the chance to spend time with an 18yr old hottie, but im almost ashamed to admit the majority of my motivation back then was to sponge all the footballing knowledge I could off of her (see, it’s not like I ever had a clue!). But anyways, I put such concerns to one side and watch the final group game against the hapless and already knocked out Argies.
    Now obviously my knowledge of Women’s soccer in Argentina is very, very limited, but thanks to the commentator (this time less concerned by hip-size of the players) I picked up a few bits, for one the keeper that’d shipped 11 goals in the first game had been replaced, by, get this, a girl that couldn’t take her own goal kicks! Surely they hadn’t deliberately left out a shot stopper to save face, but that’s 2+2 presumption… Perplexingly, the Argies had progressed to the WC by virtue of winning the South American championship, beating Brasil in the final. An interesting side note, Catalina Perez (actually quite hot, im sorry, but I guess it is going this way after all!) missed the first game of the tourney as was still suspended after getting sent off Vs Brasil, played the Japan game and the first 45 against us before getting sent off again, that’s 135mins between red cards, good to see some national sporting traits transferred for the Argentineans… But back to the game, and im afraid it supported more of the bigoted clichés championed by my mate (and by this point, almost by myself!). 5 mins in and Gonzalez puts her head on a cross and powers it past, u guessed it, her own GK. No England player in sight and the cross harmlessly going out for a throw most likely… 5 more mins later and Jill Scott puts us 2 up when a half-cleared ball lands in no-mans, she gets to the 50-50 first and her tame side foot block-challenge goes straight under the BETTER of the 2 Argentinean keepers, slowly form 20 yards. It’s the sort of goal we’ve all scored accidentally on small sided games, so im not gonna begrudge it too much, the keeper was unsighted and wasn’t expecting it, but still it did squirt under her body like Peter Bonetti had been her idol growing up (I’ll still never forgive that man for screwing up 10 years b4 I was even born!).
    So we’re winning comfortably, but in truth, were we value for it? And how was this game faring in the debate of women’s soccer in general. Well im afraid, u ain’t gonna get strained thumbs from pointing them upwards from me on this… England were poor, Yankey doing her usual impression of a decently skilled player lost in a maze of opponents to beat with no clue of which way to head. Golden tits (well, what do u expect!) Kelly Smith, our best ever player, looked a cut above but like she wasn’t able to work with the rest of the team to create going forward. This was understandable when u take a look at Aluko, either terribly miss-representing herself on this biggest of stages, or simply a terrible player. She’s like one of those “athletic” lower league strikers, strength and pace when gets going, by a tendency to stand around, in the wrong place, not move until it’s too late and then has the touch of a rapist/or has a shocking understanding of what’s required when returning flicks in what actually was a lot of time and space for a women’s game. She also commits the cardinal sin (now men do this too and I don’t hate many things more passionately) of hiding herself at the back post instead of assertively attacking the front where the ball has to pass first, on at least 2 occasions that Yankey did stumble across the chosen path she was left trying to flash a ball past 4 defenders before it’d get it’s way to her team-mate. I can only assume she gets in the starting 11 becoz my Gran had a lot of ironing to do….
    Now the next issue im undecided on, as I can see both sides, and to me it seemed the teams were split on this: should u try to do things “professionally” (i.e. as the men’s game does) even when there are obvious short-cuts, or should u just do whatever if it’s gonna get results? By this, in large, im referring to whether or not u should take advantage of the goalkeeping situation, all prejudices aside women goalkeepers tend to be smaller than their male counterparts, and less athletic, in the same size goal, thus are less well equipped to cover the area. Now many other teams seem to do such, Japan’s free-kick tactic taken to an extreme by the Own-Goal scoring Gonzalez, who literally put the ball on target (at least tried) with every free kick inside our half. On the other hand, Yankey was whipping in in-swinging corners, with say a 75% success rate. U know, the type of corner that is undefendable if u get the ball spot on and the run is timed just right. Multiply that percentage by the chance of getting a run timed right, without obstruction, and u looking at a goal mebe 1:20 corners, provided the header is struck right. Now she hung one cross in under the bar, and this caused MAYHEM as the English girls were far taller. Now should we have just done that, and shot safely on target on site? Or continue to work an arsenal-mens-esque approach to scoring pretty goals…answers on the proverbial postcard!
    Now I apologise for this next bit, I hoped I was above this, but whilst making notes (yea, I planned this blog during the game!) I came up with it and it’s gonna have to happen, those with taste skip this next bit… We went a 3rd goal up early in the 2nd half, the same incident that Perez got red carded for. Kelly Smith got touched in the box and went down easily- if only I’d known that’s all I took with women DudDunh-Chee!!!
    Pen despatched neatly (im still sorry for that last bit, I used to be better than that, but it entertains me soooo!) by Farrah and were cruising. A consolation Gonzalez freekick (again simply a matter of putting it on target and u score, like chipping a 6 year old!) before the flood gates opened, Smith with a couple of nice finishes when the 10 Argies went and chased the game, abandoning defence, and a late second pen. Hardly convincing mind, as 6-1 wins go, the game changed on a freak OG, a freak fluke goal, a wily veteran buying a peno, and a few glory goals when the game was stretched beyond my use of spelling and grammar! Fact is we couldn’t break them down when the game was an even contest as we hadn’t been able to against the Germans…Oh and the refs were terrible, as pointed out by the commentators “how much top level football, men’s or women’s u can have officiated when u r from the Guyanan league…” is a valid point. Offsides were flagged on the basis of an attacker at any point being the furthest advanced player, irregardless of what the state was when the ball was played. White got booked when she was pushed by one opponent into another, easy to see when watching TV sure, but anyone with any experience of the actual game (im talking like Jose “by the smell and the feel it was easy to see” Mourinho now!) would know that wasn’t her crime…

So then, why is this tourney making women’s football look worse than I truly believe it is, just take a look at the all conquering Goon Girls (Arsenal Ladies) and you’ll see chicks can play! But then again perhaps a team going a whole season winning EVERY game is more proof of the contrary and not support to the pro… No-longer can u say it’s becoz the game is new- im sure the England girls grew up playing soccerball just as I have, but then perhaps that’s the point, as when I grew up there were a few exceptional players dominating teams and indeed leagues, as opposed to the high-end academy level u get nowadays. I recall being 11 and a player for my opponents (now making a decent living in the championship despite being grossly undersized) absolutely balling out his team-mate (himself a county player) as he didn’t play a pass with enough finesse! So perhaps these talented women come up playing the game, but not as competitively as the current crop of male stars have done, walking through teams without breaking a sweat can’t be great practice for playing against like-skilled opponents. Also women’s soccer suffers from the demise of the great professional league in the states, and by enlarge has once again became semi-pro/amateur. Also, u can only play your opponents, and countries like Argentina may not have been as quick to mature and develop the women’s game over the past 30 years.
    So I guess this has just been a cry of “women’s football CAN be sooo good, and we all know why it isn’t”, as redundant and unhelpful as it was concise and unbiased :p But hey, that’s how I am! England have a decent shot to be WORLD CHAMPIONS in soccer, and even if it’s not my gender, it’s still MY ENGLAND! We look lacklustre in front of goal and I have serious concerns with our keepers shot-stopping, tho our defence and midfield work together to link play and move forward positively as well if not better than the men’s side (this last few weeks Gareth Barry-inspired escape from the norm aside!). The tournament has lost some face as the state of some federations has really been found-out, but then that’s the negative with a WORLD cup (and why the men’s euro-champs is a more competitive tourney than the men’s WC), and neigh-sayers will be galvanised by the bloopers prevalent throughout. I on the other hand, am still an advocate, although I must say this, with 8 years as a pro in USA, and all the ability she has, there’s no reason Kelly Smith can’t use her right foot just once in a while ;)

22. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Jesus ********ing christ! I might need a meal in between reading that, I'd be malnourished if I read it all in one go!!

23. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Save it onto a laptop and hobble ur azz to KFC then:p

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For anyone who wants that shortened ....

- Case thinks that England women aren't actually that good.
    - He thinks Aluko is crap and can't see why she is in the team.
    - Admits the Kelly Smith is quite good but is a one footed wonder.
    - See's that Rachel Yankey can run but can't finish off a move.
    - Feels that women keepers in the game be wank.

There we go! Man the last 3 assignments ive handed in at uni haven't been THAT long!

appleCORR

25. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Actually I think England's women r pretty good, just that The Germans (as world champs) ain't much cop...

and the assignment fing is coz ur doing nursing, they'd be longer if u were gonna be a doctor, but then ur a lass so nursing it is....

Oh and can u be my wingman when im hunting tail next? Save me doing the whole spiel only to get "not with that durag on chump" if u could just summate like that...Id ask bigg but he'd just give me BFH and pull'em instead!