Tailgate with Revs staffers (ex)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by redondo10, Sep 21, 2002.

1. redondo10

redondo10 New Member

Apr 17, 2001
    I ran into one of the Ex-Revs Staffers, Darius, at a High School game in RI earlier this week. He said that some or all of the laid off staffers would be tailgating at the stadium before tonight's game. They'll be there to support the team, not the Krafts. He mentioned if anyone wanted to stop by there get together they are more than welcome.

I am going to bring an extra case for that group.

No word on when and where but if anyone who goes on a regular basis probably knows them or one of them by face/name.

2. nymetrostars2002

nymetrostars2002 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    bronx ny
    they'll all meet at the Homeless Shelter ,of course!

3. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Dude, not funny. I know you're trying to wind people up, but losing a job that in many cases (likely in this) that you enjoy is not a pleasant experience, and not just from a financial standpoint. I've seen it happen to many people, and it's happened to myself once. Not something to mock.

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    A guy with no stadium for his team to play in is telling us a out a homeless shelter.

Now that's funny.

The Magpie

5. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, they will. And you know what that means, don't you?

It means you and your mama got to move your ass over and make more room.

Tool.

6. thurd

thurd New Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Melrose, MA
    Re: Re: Tailgate with Revs staffers (ex)

3-0, shhhhhhhhhhhhh

7. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    I hope the ex Rev employees enjoyed the tailgate and the game. I'm sorry I couldn't get to meet them and I wish them every bit of luck possible in the future.

I know that this is of no consolation but could it be that the reason there were only 20,000+ in the house for a game that should have brought in at least 25,000 is due in no small part to the absolute ineptitude of their Patriots replacements? I say this with NO disrespect for the holdovers who have done a wonderful job. But I cannot imagine the last two weeks have been pleasant, effective or inspiring. And, judging by the crowd last night and the way that they were handled, not very efficent either.

JIM DOW

8. redondo10

redondo10 New Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Amen. I did attend there tailgate and they all seemed to be in good spirits but very dampened. They all were very happy the team was doing well but couldn't help wonder that if the team had done well since the beginning of the season, well would they still have there jobs? (Almost all had kids and newborns as well, I wasn't aware of). Makes what Kraft did even more coldhearted.

The win must have been bittersweet. They must have enjoyed it but not BE ABLE TO ENJOY IT WITH THE TEAM. However far the team goes this season I think it would be a great gesture from the exiting management to invite those people back for an end of the season dinner with the team. After all, they weren't let go for any other reason than to save Bobby and Johnny's pocket some extra change. They should be able to celebrate the season with those players who they worked so closely with.

9. nymetrostars2002

nymetrostars2002 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    bronx ny
    Re: Re: Re: Tailgate with Revs staffers (ex)

ok you won ...now back to the shelter. and my mom wants to know if you can bring some milk.

10. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Bother us after the playoffs.