Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    What I meant was he's not the guy that can elevate our team.

2. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's 22. Some bad form is definitely expected at that age

3. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    You need at least 2 CB for that.

4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Same people said that KYK sucked until a half year ago (tbh I thought that too). KMJ is already on a great level for a young, Korean CB. And we don't have a CB problem. We can't defend perfectly in general which also has to do with lack of support from CM (with Ki getting slower and slower despite his amazing passing skills) and FBs.
    You always judge players too extremely, killaorca..

seolseol repped this.
  5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  6. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He can't be the answer to our CB problem alone but at his young age he's already one of the best CB of his country. That's why some of us don't want to see his talent to be wasted in CSL like it was the case for other korean defenders.

aeh1991, nmssis and seolseol repped this.
  7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    http://www.fussballtransfers.com/ft-kurve/sudkorea-talent-hwang-gladbach-knupft-kontakte_97792

According to this, Gladbach, Bremen and HSV are interested in HIB.

- In Gladbach, he got no chance to become a starter (too many CMs in Zakaria, Strobl, Hofmann, Neuhaus, Kramer, Cuisance and Benes).
    - In Bremen, he could be a rotational player behind Maxi Eggestein and Classen.
    - In Hamburg, he would be a starter.

I still would prefer Bremen if it was between those 3 clubs as I like the fresh mentality of the club (they got a talented manager in Kohfeld) and I think Eggestein won't be around forever. But take it with a grain of salt. It doesn't look like a very serious site.

jessypjs repped this.
  8. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    i think the Bundesliga is too much for him, at least as of now. No doubt about his talent, is huge, but there is something he still needs to improve.

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    No. With the right club and under the right manager, he'd be good enough for the Bundesliga. He's a rare type of player that maby teams are looking for. Of course he isn't ready to start every game yet, but does he have to? If he can move to a club where he gets casual playing time as a sub player, he should do that.

10. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I'm worried about the huge gap between the k league 2 (!!!) and the Bundesliga, as well as about the fact that he seems to be a bit weak physically.

Also i think he would improve better by playing week in and week out as a starter rather than just being a rotational player.

11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #2211 aeh1991, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    About the physical aspect, I also had my worries but he did more than well against Australian players. His defending is surprisingly good.
    He's different to the likes of HHC who use their bodies physically, but rather uses it cleverly to get the ball.
    And I agree that the difference between K2 and B1 is huge, but he already played for K1 when he was much younger and inexperienced and in the NT I never saw any problems (against Costa Rica, Panama, Australia, Uzbekistan).
    Regardless of the league's level, HIB has a big experience. He's played more than 100 professional level games already, which the likes of LSW or PSH can dream of.
    I kind of agree with you that regular playing time is very important to keep the form / level (as seen with LSW), but under a good manager he can develop well even if not playing every week.
    And unlike Verona or Dijon (just to name an example of other KPAs), many Bundesliga teams have some talented, modern managers who know how to develop young players.

12. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Haha. Not to long ago I asked if HIB was a player still worth following, but some of you guys were like nah he was away for too long. Fortunately he proved you guys wrong. Who were the guys that downplayed his talent. Speak up and apologize!!:p

13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well he hasn't moved to Europe yet, it's just rumor at this point.

14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Wasn't me :p

15. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he hasnt moved yet, but has been playing well. I was told to forget about him and follow other players

jessypjs repped this.
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yeah but they are just friendlies though. Let's just wait and see.

17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    moving to Gamba Osaka

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not even close what I hoped for but better then rotting in a chinese b team.

19. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    Would have been sick if he went to Jeonbuk. Nail down that KYG-KMJ pairing.

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Acent declined the rumors. But agreed that there is interest from J League.

seolseol repped this.
  21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Who do you think will move to Europe this transfer window?
    I think the player that has the highest chance is Hwang Inbeom.
    Han Chanhee is a low maybe considering he needs to find a new club or else he'll play in K-league 2 (which is likely outcome as well).
    Hwang Euijo is a low maybe considering he's a third highest scorer in J-league and that league is scouted a lot. But he's 26...
    Na Sangho?
    Lee Sang-heon (Jeonnam)?

But I think the most likely outcome is we won't see any transfer to Europe.

22. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    In the winter all the players involved in the Asian Cup will not move for obvious reason.

23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Oh right and there's Um Wonsang...

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He'll join Gwangju as far as I know.

About the others.. I also think no Korean player will move to Europe.
    The only ones I could probably imagine are HUJ, KMJ and CHW, with all having low chances.

I guess KYG will join an Asian side (J or K League most likely), Kwon Kyung Won will certainly move back to Korea due to military, HIB will probably stay till summer and imo HCH will go to a top 3 K league team (probably Jeonbuk).

25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HUJ and KYG deserves a chance in Europe. It's sad there is so hard for Korea to get the players out while Japan literally ships them over.

Belgian league, Eredivise, just go.

TaegukRedDevil, nmssis and aeh1991 repped this.