Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

Still confused about HJH...

2. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This shouldn't be even considered news anymore.

Besides, it's not like anyone is going to be interested in these guys.

jessypjs repped this.
  3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Decides to wash Chinese feet for a career after earning exemption... Waste of space.

4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Kim Jung Min (U20 CM, "next KSY") is in early talks of joining Salzburg.

It's been revealed that he went to Austria several times and trained with Liefering, where he could impress the Salzburg board.
    He will first make his pro debut in the K-League and transfer in the next Summer window, according to Gwangju board (KSY's dad), but they are very open to it.

He might go the same way as HHC: first Liefering then pro team.

ConcernedK, HojuSaram, killaorca and 2 others repped this.
  5. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I'm relieved Kim Jungmin is planning to move overseas. He's always been the standout player for me for years now. And he's stood out even though he's been playing with kids that are a full year or more older than him throughout these youth tournaments.

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #1806 aeh1991, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    As a long term replacement for KSY, the sooner he goes to Europe the better. Of course we can once again argue about the level of the Austrian league.
    But I think it's easier to debut as a pro player there than in the conservative K-League (good example LJH).
    Also, Salzburg isn't the worst adress because 1. they have experienced HHC already, 2. they don't have to worry about relegation -> giving more chances to newbies (whilst Gwangju could be too reluctant) and 3. lack his player type because Laimer moved to Leipzig. Salzburg/Leipzig are also obsessed with youth (young starters: Laimer was '97, Hwang '96, Pongracic '97, Haidara '98, Wolf '99, etc.).

seolseol repped this.
  7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I find the Leipzig/Salzburg/Liefering model fascinating even if I find RB more than a bit unpalatable.

I think we can see how the model will work in this case. Salzburg has tons of low-pressure minutes to spread around between Liefering, EL, cups, etc. The biggest issue is always the sheer number of bodies you're competing against but there's tons of infrastructure to get acclimated.

8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Totally agree. In the end, he needs to be talented enough to survive. But I think with HHC he has someone who can cheer him not to give up.

9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    #1809 killaorca, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    I thought he was going to Uni . Thank God if this is true and turn pro.
    He was head above everyone else in the u19 qualification.

10. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I guess you meant University..?

I'd more than welcome him at "United" tho :p

killaorca repped this.
  11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Lol autocorrect.

aeh1991 repped this.
  12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It's interesting how HHC had an impact on Austrian scouts. First KCH link, then LJH and now KJM.

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Kim JM was already on the radar of RB Salzburg (before Hwang HC joined them). He had trials at Stuttgart & FC Liefering right after 2015 U17 WC (set up by Koo JC EU agent/agency).

seolseol and aeh1991 repped this.
  14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Didn't know that. Stuttgart would also have been a good option since they are also open to Asians and youth players.

15. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    jessypjs repped this.
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Lol wut??? Wow he finally going to Europe...
    I wonder what people think about this move. Will people still hate on this guy? Should he still be dropped? Lol.

17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Too late -.-

He's linked with AEK Athens

killaorca repped this.
  18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    not a bad team. But hey if he's that old and able to go to Europe than I don't see why LJS can't do the same?
    I think if LJS moves it'll be somewhere minor maybe Russia, or Turkey? Minor leagues with money. Not bad I guess, still an upgrade from Korea.

Lol they are first place so far in Greek league.

19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Interesting part is "They are considering another Asian-based player to replace him."

God I hope it's not KSY, KMJ or LJS!!

Probably KKW as he's Cannavaro's darling

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    LJS is good enough for Bundesliga or Ligue Un. He's been scouted a lot, too so I don't think it's the lack of interests keeping him from going to Europe.
    I think it's either Jeonbuk not willing to let him go or him waiting for the right timing (first it was ACL, then it was league title and now he wants to wait until WC is over :/)

21. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nah I don't think there's any interest last transfer window. He said he wanted to go but there weren't any good offers. Also since last season CKH said he was willing to let him go or even trying to send him to Europe. Even in the K-league ceremony, CKH said he'll do his best to get LJS to Europe. He probably said he wants to go to Europe after the WC because he thinks he can get scouted in that tournament (due to low interest right now). Personally I don't think him going to Guangzhou is a bad idea considering he doesn't have that much options and he can make good money. But I feel like he wouldn't move this transfer window because he's still thinking about Europe, and I don't think it's a bad idea to be a Jeonbuk legend and just stay in the club. He can demand better contracts too.

Ki won't retire until after WC probably as he wants to be in top shape.
    Kim Minjae I think is content with staying in Jeonbuk for next season.
    I don't think there will be any major players going to China this transfer window because of the WC.

23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Question: What happened to HJH? Man I feel so sorry for him, I haven't heard anything from him in such a long time. Hopefully he finds a new team soon, get match fit and try to get into KNT for the WC. I still like him better than KYG as a player.

24. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HJH? Augsburg plan to build a future for him but chose money in the end. Now, he's nowhere to be seen. I say, good riddance.

TaegukRedDevil, HojuSaram and nmssis repped this.
  25. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Never gonna happen. We need to let go of HJH and PJH.

nmssis repped this.