Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    What did you want Wenger to do? Build a team around Park? :rolleyes: He failed to impress in his limited appearances, and flopped in his loan spells too.

Also, no he's not the captain for FC Seoul.

2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    not imo. hindsight is a b$$tch but i always see it as 50/50. regardless of where they move.. from low tier relegation bound clubs to CL quality clubs. i have nothing but admiration for PCY, Ji, Suk, PJH and etc.. who risked to play at top lvl. it didn't work out for them but it worked out for Park JS (most believed him going to Man Utd was career suicide at the time..).

3. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You would think a few league matches would be considered "opportunities" according to Wengerseki. He was not given many chances to adapt to English football.

He is co-captain. :rolleyes:

4. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    park juyoung isnt co captain

5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    He's a vice captain lol.

ConcernedK repped this.
  6. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I think the vice captain is Kwak TH. Anyway Osmar never miss a game so...

7. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  8. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    And what about Osmar? Why he's not the captain anymore?

9. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Now if Ki wants to settle down and moves back to this club. Damn, this team will be ACL-ready!

SHJ, Ki, PJY and maybe even LCY.

10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    That's why professional football clubs have daily training sessions :rolleyes::rolleyes:. He even failed to shine in the reserves match. What would be the basis for Wenger to give Park when most other players wouldn't get the chance when they play badly?

No he's not. Stop chatting out of your own a*se.

11. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wengerseki's expectations of PJY was really high. He expected goals from him for every match he played. Little did he know, he needed time to adjust but wasn't given any PT.

Open the link, you halfwit.

12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol.

You try opening the link. Who's the halfwit here?

13. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Since your intelligence prevents you from even posting a working link, I'll put it up for you.

https://t.co/t4EpPGpBMs

14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    not really in this beef, but that link doesn't work either...

15. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    killaorca repped this.
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    that one works, but yeah PCY is a vice-captain which is different from co-captain...
    That's like calling Biden the co-president which kind of implies he has the same status as Obama...

aeh1991 and zdrstvte repped this.
  17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Well, I respect your opinion. However, I think differently. I actually prefer seeing my players play when I am watching football. I don't want players who not even sit on the bench.
    It's always the same. At first I think "Wow so cool, maybe they'll get playing time", but after a while reality hits hard and you wait and wait to see your players. I don't mind trying it for a half season like Ji did at BVB, but after that they should just ask the manager what's their point of view and if those players are not needed, they'll just leave

18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    half season is way too short. again, its 50/50 for me. player can transfer to low tier team & easily rot as often as they were in CL quality team (while getting paid far less at the same time). you just don't know how things will work out until they make the move. better to challenge (while getting wage increase) instead of forever regretting with "what if"...

another reason why i want players at top clubs. how does players in low tier clubs in EU (even if they play consistently) help KNT? sure, it will keep the team be "mediocre" as they are now but if KNT wants to make the next step, they need players at top clubs making impact.

edit - another note, unless you have multiple & consistent players performing admirably for low tier clubs each season, it won't influence EU scouts to scout Kleague/Korean players (hardly scouted at all atm) compared to players in CL quality clubs making impact.

19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I am pretty sure that if you have players rotting at big clubs rather have negative impacts on European scouts. And KJC's performance at Augsburg temporarily caused German scouts to take a better look at Korean talents.

20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    negative impact.. sure, but no one will care at low tier clubs. likewise, if you have a player rotting in low tier clubs, it will have negative impact too (and there are many examples of KPA who rotted in low tier clubs).

as for KJC performance? i'd argue it has more to do with Son HM.. granted FCA (not the league) purchased players based on Koo JC recommendation of Ji DW & Hong JH (it helped he spent few weeks in FCA w/ Koo JC while receiving treatment + meeting up FCA staff/players before he moved to Germany).

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I wont disagree on that. Its a good point.

22. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jesus Christ, you guys have been at for about a week now.

Please, for the sake of BSK, share an L and stop this nonsense. None of you are going to admit that you are wrong.

If you guys want to still go at it, use the PM system. You guys do know that you can converse with more than 1 person in PM now, right? Put it to good use.

Or better yet, migrate to one of the least active sections in BigSoccer and continue your arguments there.

Hodori and naopon repped this.
  23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

24. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club: