Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    hit the ground running, is what i say

2. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Still impossible feat to beat, am I right? :ROFLMAO:

3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    well, Ki SY went scoreless for 1 1/2 season too (and he wasn't injured like Ji DW) :whistling:

as for Ji DW, during the 1 1/2 season he was scoreless in the league, he played vital part (when he wasn't injured) in FCAs success in Europa league (unlike Koo JC, who was disappointing). as 21 yr old, Ji DW scored against Man City & Chelsea. at 22 (similar age as Kwon CH atm), played a big part in FCA establishing themselves as well-run BL club they are today thanks to his 5 goals in 6 month.

4. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Ji helped Ausburg establishing as a well-run BL club they are today, while KCH will help Dijon establishe themselves as a well-run L1 club they will be in the future. It's destiny.

5. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    before Ji DW joined FCA on loan in 12/13 season, FCA were dead last w/ only 9 pts. they picked up 24 pts in 2nd half of BL w/ the help (almost heroic) of Ji DW. finished 15th w/ 33 pts... this is a big reason why FCA is always (including Weinzeirl, Ji DW saved his job) grateful to Ji DW ... not to mention, it alerted the scouts of Dortmund/Gladbach & etc.

edit - btw, unlike few players.. Ji DW comes up big in big games (no one can match his big goals against big clubs atm).

datschge repped this.
  6. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Were they newly promoted to the BL, in that season?

As for Dijon, the situation doesn't seem that bad, it's not like they are hopeless, sure Dijon is relegation threatened.. but so are other 5/6 clubs.

I've been told that Dijon never managed to have their best player playing together due to injuries. So maybe they will do fine once they will have the best 11.

7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Dijon is surely not a bad club for KCH to start his European career. I'd say Salzburg would've been a wrong choice because they play 4-2-2-2 and he'd be playing DM or Winger.

8. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Tell me. What kind of striker goes scoreless for almost 2 seasons?

9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Dijon also plays 4-4-2, like the last game.

10. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    steven fletcher :D

11. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Nah..it was 3-5-2. And even if it's 4-4-2 Kwon can adapt to play as a SS.

In their forum though, they are sure that the formation will change with Kwon.

killaorca repped this.
  12. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    easy, Lee DG... 0 goals in the 1 1/2 season he was w/ Middlesbrough

and unlike Ji DW (who was used as defensive winger by Weinzeirl during the 1 1/2 he scored 0 goals in the league), Lee DG played nothing but FW :whistling:

13. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, I could give 2 shts about LDG's story with Middlesbrough, that was a long time ago. Let's see what Ji can do this season.

14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Park CY came close to doing something similar (couldn't even make the bench at Arsenal & ditched Watford in Championship)...
    Lee CS... how many goals does he have from La Liga & Eredivisie?? :whistling:

As for Ji DW this season, he is earning nothing but great reviews by everyone so far.

15. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    PJY scored one for Arse but Wengerseki benched him permanently after playing a few more matches. Can you please stop spewing crap out of your ass for once? Let's see what this brilliant striker is capable of accomplishing at the end of this season.

16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #1691 takeuchi, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    league cup... he didn't score in the league.

otherwise, Ji DW didn't go scoreless in any season either as he scored in Europa & Cup game.

edit - btw, you can mock Ji DW all you want. name another FW from Korea who scored in top league in EU (Son is more or less a winger). better yet, how many FWs even moved to EU or can even transfer to EU?? :whistling:

17. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    im puzzled as to how lee jaesung hasnt gotten one serious offer. all this talk about his age, hes only two years older than kwon changhoon and has completed his military (which coincidentally takes a little less than 2 years). clubs in top 5-6 european leagues sign south american players his age all the time

18. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    because of failures like KBK and just not being in the spotlight for KNT. He wasn't even called up to the Asian Cup.

19. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1694 ConcernedK, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    PJY@AS Monaco. Superior club in every way than relegated-bound Augsburg. Ji will never reach PJY's goal tally.

20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #1695 takeuchi, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Ligue 1 isn't top league & AS Monaco got relegated w/ Park JY :whistling:

edit - just to help you out, Park JY scored in La Liga but his stats in general is nothing compared to Ji DW in top leagues. again, you can mock Ji DW all you want but he is by far the best FW Korea has exported to EU when it comes to "stats" atm since Cha BK (but wasn't he more of a winger like Son?)

21. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    When you say "top league", it is a matter of perspective. Certainly it isn't the BEST league in Europe but undoubtedly nobody can deny it is in the top 5. Clubs like PSG and Monaco did fairly well in last year's CL with Monaco topping their group ahead of Leverkusen and Tottenham. This is what I consider a "top league".

Maybe you don't appreciate basic facts, just pure bullsh!t from your pea-size brain of yours but Ji is the best FW since CBK according to stats? LOL!

Fine. Let's compare the stats.... PJY's 3 years with Monaco had him 91 Apps with 25 GIs.

Ji's since Sunderland in 2011 is 6 years, totaled 112 Apps with only 11 GIs.

So based on this information alone, you are saying Ji spent 6+ years and scored measly 11 GOALS in Europe is a better striker than PJY when he was at Monaco scoring 25 GOALS in only 3 years? :ROFLMAO:

22. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    how nice of you to spin it based on your bias. when ppl say "top league", they usually refer to EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A. Ligue 1 is omitted from the "top league" label.

again, Ji > PJY when it comes to stats in top league. PJY barely played in England while he was hated by Celta Vigo by the end of his loan. Ji didn't get relegated once unlike PJY as well. not to mention, Ji DW scored against Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Man City and Chelsea. name another player (excluding Park JS) who scored against top 4 clubs....

also, why can't Ji score 25+ goals in 3 yrs in lesser league like Ligue 1, Liga Nos or Eredivisie? Suk HJ scored double digit in Portugal... Luuk De Jong, who was shit (also went scoreless in a season.. literally in all competition) in Bundesliga is scoring for fun in Eredivisie (20 goals after he moved to Eredivisie).

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

latest UEFA coefficient ranking. the gap between Ligue 1 & Serie A is rather big. Russia is only few pts behind France & no one considers them a top league even when few of their clubs did decently well in Europe. not to mention, do ppl even believe Russia is better league over Liga Nos? i seriously doubt it...

zdrstvte repped this.
  23. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Takeuchi, if you don't believe Ligue 1 is a "top league", then fine. Let's compare INTERNATIONAL STATS, shall we? :)

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I agree that Ji is a quality player. But as CF Ji has never been on the level of PCY during his Monaco days. Ji had 2 good half seasons so far. Both at Augsburg. I hope he can continue his actual form. But we cannot deny that he sucked for more than 3 years. Even Augsburg fans still think Ji is shit (even tho he's been one of their best this season) because of the image they have of him.
    PCY did a catastrophal career choice (same with Ji and BVB), which destroyed the rest of his career.
    But his stats in France is not to be ignored. The quality of the league is not everything.

25. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    PJY is an accomplished striker, his days at Arsenal was misused by Wengerseki which led to his demise. Now he is captaining FC Seoul, leading his team to a future ACL berth. :)