Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ...what?

2. thanksnewguest

Manchester United
    Croatia
    May 17, 2018
    LOL you understand the comment... even though united states/canada is not a soccer country... and even though i think MLS isn't that great of a league compared to the bundesliga1 or 2... playing in North America might actually be good for his soccer development... especially if HIB is good enough to play at the 2020 summer olympics hahaha

3. Kangin16

Kangin16 Red Card

Valencia
    Feb 13, 2019
    I can tell you don't know shit about football because 1) anyone who defends a garbage league like the MLS for 'player development' knows there never been a quality player that came out of that system and 2) you call football, "soccer". Lol

4. thanksnewguest

Manchester United
    Croatia
    May 17, 2018
    im not going to argue with you i know your a soccer genius and i believe i have a beautiful heart hahaha .. so there's no need to fight LOL... is HIB even good enough to play in the 2020 summer olympics?

5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  6. Kangin16

Kangin16 Red Card

Valencia
    Feb 13, 2019
    Good enough to win the AG. Technically, he's better than any scrub in that league. It's unfortunate that he and KMJ are subject to play in a league worse than back home.

7. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    MLS is not worse than K or K2. We are argue about HIB's missed opportunity of going to B or B2 but I think most of us can agree on that.

wetcrispy repped this.
  8. Kangin16

Kangin16 Red Card

Valencia
    Feb 13, 2019
    We can argue this move will be a bigger obstacle for him to go to Europe than had he stayed in Korea. He will probably won't even get a look from Bento either.

9. Kangin16

Kangin16 Red Card

Valencia
    Feb 13, 2019
    KMJ, arguably the best young, up-coming CB in Asia going to Asia's worst league says a lot about KFA.

10. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    whats kfa got to do with this. it was a personal choice. nearly everyone thought it was a bad idea and kim minjae signed anyways

11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tomiyasu. Tough competition. One already playing every week in the Belgian league one made an idiot move.. He is also 2 years younger.

TigersOfAsia2 and nmssis repped this.
  12. Kangin16

Kangin16 Red Card

Valencia
    Feb 13, 2019
    KMJ is better but a total idiot.

13. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    Let's not play dumb for a sec.
    Gen Shoji and Tomiyasu are arguably better than KMJ and if they weren't already, they surely will be off the fact that they'll be playing in Europe. Add in premier league veteran Yoshida and they got CB position on lock.
    For defenders though, I feel like its more about collective organization and tactics rather than individual names. i.e. Iran (Before their melt down against Japan) always had a well-drilled and stingy defense.

Still hoping KMJ makes that rare transfer from China to Europe though. One can hope.

14. Kangin16

Kangin16 Red Card

Valencia
    Feb 13, 2019
    Is that suppose to be a joke? I remember Shoji conceding 4 goals by Korea in the recent EAFF tournament and Tomiyasu fouling the heck out of Son at the AG. I find Yoshida highly overrated and just a few weeks ago, he got exploited by Qatar in the finals. They conceded 3 goals from them. Individually, KMJ is better than all three. Aside from KMJ and KYG, we don't have any solid CBs yet (not that I know of).

15. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    you must have seen a ghost. Tomiyasu didn't play at the Asian Games. Japan sent backup U21 squad to Asian Games as majority of the clubs wouldn't release the players.

seolseol repped this.
  16. Kangin16

Kangin16 Red Card

Valencia
    Feb 13, 2019
    Isn't he that defender with the bandage over his head? I swear that guy looked like him lol

17. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jung Seung Hyun. He was Shoji's teammate at Kashima Antlers and has been solid as their CB. J-league is currently stronger than K-league, and him performing well there is more meaningful than performing well in K-league.
    He hasn't been used for the national team often yet, but if he keeps it up I feel he may be a good option to replace Kim Min Jae if KMJ regresses in the China League.

18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he & Shoji barely played together. also, i wouldn't say he was "solid" either in the league. with Kim MH moving to Jeonbuk (he should be NT player), only CB worth checking out in J League this yr is this guy.

19. Kangin16

Kangin16 Red Card

Valencia
    Feb 13, 2019
    Are you content with the likes of JHS, JWY and KSG? When you have better players in the K-League that play in those positions (CHW, KMJ and KHM)? I'm looking at it from the national team POV.

20. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    JHS is banned so he shouldn't be named. And KYG is currently one of our best center backs. And JWY no longer plays in J-league.

21. Kangin16

Kangin16 Red Card

Valencia
    Feb 13, 2019
    KYG just got traded over there. All of them are former or current J-Leaguers. The point I was trying to make is that there are no difference in quality in the players but the fact that Bento starts these guys over the ones I named is problematic despite playing poorly for Korea time and time again.

22. haohao

haohao New Member

Nov 8, 2018
    I don't know why you are moaning about Kim Min Jae's move to China. He can play against quality foreign strikers every week there. K-League has only average Korean/foreign strikers. He can learn a lot in China.

23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    By that admission Chinese defenders should be on avg some of the better defenders out there...but we all know that's not the case

24. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    having quality strikers doesnt mean quality team, You should know that from watching the acl every year. CSL sucks at producing/developing players

nmssis repped this.
  25. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I am afraid that the CSL will ruin another Korean CB just like the previous 6