Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think KMJ's intention is also all clear...

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Oh man here we go again -_-

3. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is why my respect for Lee Jae-sung keeps on growing. He could have made that money move to China years ago. He had multiple offers from China (Shanghai SIPG, Tianjin Quanjian, etc.)

Even Andres Villas-Boas, when he was the manager of Shanghai SIPG, went to Jeonju a couple of times to scout him.

[​IMG]

Lee Jae-sung rejected all those offers and waited for that European opportunity even though there was none for a couple of years. When the European offer finally came, he made that move despite the team being in the 2nd division and the salary being lower than what he was getting at Jeonbuk. The man was hungry for success and development as a player.

4. Gaemamusa

Gaemamusa Red Card

Jan 7, 2019
    Why don't Korea ban chinese shit altogether and move our companies to Vietnam? :laugh:

5. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Even Kiel and Bundesliga fans couldn't understand the move. But he has had some bad luck with injuries and little adaption problems. I hope he can get stronger after the Asian Cup to help Kiel getting promoted (they have bad luck by their own with Schindler going to Koln and Kinsombi out for a few months...). I hope LJS can convince them to sign another Korean player (eg. Kim Mun Hwan).

6. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Talking about korean defenders in China, I don't know why Guangzhou Evergrande has bought Park Ji-Soo while they have not used KYG for a while. Is there something logical behind this ?

aeh1991 repped this.
  7. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Netizens saying that the whole premise of tournament exemption is rewarding players for increasing national recognition and for them to continue to do so, not for individual benefit, thus it is contended that players like KMJ are somewhat obligated to choose Watford over CSL. Also, KMJ isn’t even going to play much in Beijing so his form will most likely suffer. Really bad move for the KNT.

aeh1991 and Gaemamusa repped this.
  8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    No...

jessypjs and 10August2012 repped this.
  9. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KMJ plz pull a PJY

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    There's common law governing simple manufacturing/just-in-time production contracts. It's extremely different than other types of contract law due to the time-is-of-the-essence aspect involved in such transactions/negotiations. For example, if you are a parts supplier and come to a very time sensitive verbal agreement and then not perform, it completely screws up the entire supply/manufacturing chain. Thus a whole set of common law that developed during the manufacturing golden age of England applies in most common law jurisdictions. Civil law jurisdictions oftentimes see the same problem and address it in a way to end up with similar results for manufacturing contracts.

Where you have a negotiation involving different parties with parallel contracting negotiations (a transfer looks somewhat like a venn diagram with the parties involved), if one negotiation is completed (e.g., KMJ agrees to personal terms with the buying club and let's assume both parties signed the agreement), the effectiveness of the execution does not take place until the other parallel negotiation is complete between the buying and selling club - that condition to trigger certain conditions are called condition precedents. You see these occur often in complex private equity M&As that involve multiple targets and also banks allowing leverage finance on the targets to fund the transaction. However, to put some teeth into potential negotiations failing in other streams of the transaction, you will sometimes see enforceable breakup fees and/or certain warranties/covenants and/or indemnities.

However, a football transfer is much simpler as it's really an asset purchase/sale coupled with an employment contract (with misc fees like agency fees and finders fees thrown in for some deals).

zdrstvte repped this.
  11. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    I have never seen verbal agreements ever being enforced. Even if KMJ agreed and it was video taped, Jeonbuk simply can botch the deal. I think Jeonbuk is being a little greedy, they could have kept Kim for another 6 months to see what happens. Anyway this Asian Cup is over for Korea.

12. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    With Alan, Paulinho, and Talisca in the team and no +1 Asian quota spot, Park Ji-soo's playing time is very limited. Marko Arnautovic might also join from West Ham which makes the situation even worse for Park Ji-soo. (Pretty much joined Guangzhou Evergrande reserve team)

But his intentions were pretty clear with military service coming up. He just wants that paycheck.

jessypjs repped this.
  13. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    This is lame. Then you never blame pimps for recruiting whores, IS for recruiting suicide bombers as long as the recruits know what they are getting into.
    The previous poster accused Chinese of clandestine operations to screw up Korean football. Whether it is paranoid or not, your response is irrelevant and utterly lame.

14. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this is a travesty. He is about to go to a league that ruined the careers of players like Oscar and one of the best CB that we produced HJH. If he goes to Beijing. I want Jeonbuk to be given $30 million and KMJ a 3yr contract max as the highest paid player on the team.

15. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    China pumping money into the CSL might have been the worst thing to happen to Korean football.
    Essentially turned K-League into a feeder league to the CSL as well as divert numerous guys from having careers in Europe..

This is why fan support for the K League is so important but Koreans just don't get it.

16. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have been basically saying this since they got money. I just hope one day that the league implodes due to unbalanced spending or decides to give up on football b/c they just suck.

17. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    Another scenario that I can easily see (and have come to accept) is for the CSL to abolish the "Chinese quota" and turn into a sort of Premier League. (You'd have rules saying 3 Chinese players must be in a match day squad or..something)

There's just way too much money in China now and for the foreseeable future. It's only going to get worse for us.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point to see a CSL club offer Daejeon Citizen a deal they can't turn down for HIB..

18. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    KMJ is a short sighted 양아치 losing out on sponsorship money. Fk this guy

19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    but at the same time i think we should wait until there's something official. Maybe Jeonbuk is pulling Watford's leg? Who knows.

20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Yeah because a footballer playing in China equates to that. Keep building a straw man.

21. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    #2571 Justamoment, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Thus saith the contrarian who never understands the nature of analogy which uses extreme cases to illuminate the underlying principles or follies.

The previous poster was actually accusing China of something even more immoral than pimping or suicide bombing. You did not rebuke him on grounds it is absurd or he was being paranoid. It is easy to be shallow and cynical. It is a bit harder to understand the opponents' viewpoints.

Gaemamusa repped this.
  22. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    He is talented but a total 무식한새끼

23. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    what a stupid idiot...

24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Does he have massive gambling debts or something?

25. Gaemamusa

Gaemamusa Red Card

Jan 7, 2019
    You must be naive in real life if you think that's all it is -- a footballer playing in a country, nonetheless a rival country with rampant corruption and whatnot. It's obvious to almost everyone by now that there is an ulterior motive behind this move. The cases of KYK and HJH sound familiar to you?