Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    if he has personal agreement already.. doubt it. Jeonbuk on the other hand, they have leverage to ask higher transfer fee.

zdrstvte repped this.
  2. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
  3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    no, referencing Fing the S** doesn't mean it is all over UK media. along with stupid translation by Goal.com (whomever did it) on the original Korean article...

for ex - Korean article says 6m USD but goal.com has 6m pound (7.7m).

edit - idiots of Korean media need to stop using Fing the S** as source/reference

4. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    goal.com maybe but The Sun is a very big news outlet though not very credible.
    But then again you should not expect The Times to do a thorough in-depth investigation on the transfer rumor of an unknown player from East Asia.

Anyway Jeonbuk has no reason to lie and they appear to be quite serious in their intention to send Kim to EPL.

5. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    it is not a news outlet

Angel Bear, 10August2012 and zdrstvte repped this.
  6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8233566/watford-beijing-guoan-kim-min-jae/

The sun literally just quotes Naver as it’s source. There’s nothing significant about them translating korean articles into English, albeit very badly I might add.

melonbarmonster repped this.
  7. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    F OFF.. don't link that shit :thumbsdown::mad::p

8. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I'm just more impressed some journalists can make news out of nothing... the Sun literally copy and pasting the SPOTV article and a korean journalist making a news out of the Sun's copy-and-paste article... I feel like they can make an infinite loop of article chain this way? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

9. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
  10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Lol... Some of you are so clueless about contract law. The posts in thus thread have thus far been... "entertaining"...

11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    We have nothing to worry about (in regards to Watford transfer)?

12. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    Please don't tell me you are a lawyer. The US laws are completely irrelevant. Even Korean laws, just barely relevant.

13. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Pray do tell your expert legal analysis. Lol

14. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    There are two parallel negotiations that need to be done. And two contracts/negotiations that need to be executed. Agreeing to personal terms is one negotiation between the buying club and target footballer. There's another negotiation that also needs to be done with offer, acceptance and consideration for the transfer itself between the selling club and buying club.

Consideration in the two negotiations are different. While acceptance may be interpreted differently in various jurisdictions. French law has its quirks if some if you want to refer to PJY. Moreover, the fact patterns were different as well.

zdrstvte repped this.
  15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    So I'm assuming if Jeonbuk and Beijing didn't come up with an agreement, it's all mute?

16. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    Even with the current army of wayward Korean judges who appear to compete with each other for ever more unpopular decisions, the Korean court is not likely side with Chinese clubs no matter what. The max. liability KMJ has with the Chinese court is that he can not work in China in the future.

So the only real variable is international arbitration. I doubt Chinese will go that far. Look at what they did to Choi Kanghee. It is almost certain Jeonbuk gave Beijing no binding verbal agreement. Jeonbuk is worrying about future relationship with Chinese clubs, not legal complications. Jeonbuk can simply say they don't like the deal even for petty reasons like "Chinese don't shower much".

17. Angel Bear

Angel Bear Member

May 19, 2010
    Oakland, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Repped for the graphic design

18. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Random Chinese rumours circulating that several other Euro clubs are attempting to contact KMJ thru SHM. Prob complete BS tbh, but KMJ is definitely an attractive CB prospect. Exempt, 190cm, 22 yrs old, good with both feet and solid defensively.

19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

Damn KYG all grown up.
    Remembered when he used to showoff that he played in Guangzhou in the dressing room.

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Thats Kwon Kyung Won. ;)

21. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Yup, I'm pretty clueless about laws, all I know is that when we advise contract manufacturers etc... a lot of the contracts are handshake agreements, and we are told by lawyers that these are still legally enforceable. (honestly I don't know much about laws so feel free to correct what I said)

So in this case if Kim agreed to the contract verbally, would that be enforceable? Or could he just walk away since there is no signature?

22. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  24. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2524 10August2012, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    https://sports.news.naver.com/kfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=477&aid=0000158531&redirect=true

This article says that KMJ chose Beijing. I guess we'll have to see what happens, but if that's true, sort of disappointed in the player/agent. Not receiving an offer is one thing, but there was an official offer on the 19th whilst KMJ allegedly decided for China on the 20th. If money was the issue, he could've spent a season or two in Europe and doubled or tripled his wages in China/ME rather than going direct. Let's wait and see though...

25. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I guess the problem was that he already decided on the offer before Watford because it came unexpectedly. Maybe he should have waited until the end of Asian Cup just to see if there will be any interest considering Chinese's transfer window closes in late Feb.