Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Once they sign him, they can agree to all sorts.

2. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    https://sports.news.naver.com/kfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=216&aid=0000098574

“민재가 고민하고, 여러가지를 묻길래 (중국에 대해) 있는 그대로 얘기해줬다. 좋은 것도 있지만 그 반대도 있다. 민재가 더 좋은 선택지를 택했으면 좋겠다

KKW also talked to KMJ about a move to China. KKW states that he told KMJ "as it is" but it sounds like KKW encouraged a move elsewhere. Glad that there are hyungs like this to support the youngsters. I'm sure players are talking to HIB about the Whitecaps move as well.

DHMGKorea, jinseokyang and toohyper repped this.
  3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

will likely have to sort out loan deals before transfer deadline too but he should definitely leave right after Asian Cup. don't return to Jeonbuk... play in another league in Europe as that will help his case for WP in summer. not to mention, pro career in Europe is completely different to K League based on interviews & descriptions by Korean players. if K League sort of pampers/baybsits the players, in Europe... Kim MJ will have to do things on his own (probably with the help of his agent). get adjusted to European life... and jump to EPL from K League is too steep anyways.

4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Kim Young Gwon: "We (Bento) have talked about a lot of things. He asked me about my club situation. As it is still unclear, I asked him to help me finding a good club."

He said it jokingly but Bento has good connections and he cares about KYG, so fingers crossed :p

5. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    kim youngkwon said that when he was asked about his conversation with lippi not bento

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Maybe they have a loan deal set for him already?
    Hoping it'a ligue 1 or eredivisie.

7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    you're right. I misread it.

8. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    bento is not well liked in portugal so i doubt he has any serious pulls. best way he can probably help is providing positive referrals but i dont see him ever initiating a scouting process

9. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    #2484 Justamoment, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Chinese are not that honorable people. LOL. They even revoked Choi Kanghee's contract after it was formally signed. Verbal agreements mean even less. If Chinese sue Jeonbuk Jeonbuk simply can say communication problem or bad English.

It is not just the quality of the league, there is going to be no Asian quota this year. It probably will never be reinstated. It is a very risky move for KMJ if he goes to China.
    Many of you are not that fluent in Korean. My impression of what Jeonbuk says is that they worry about their credibility with Chinese, they did not have any binding verbal agreement with Beijing and they are willing to sacrifice their credibility for the sake of KMJ's football career.

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

If I'm Kim Minjae I'll just burn bridge with Beijing if he wants to go to Europe.
    For Jeonbuk, they can just say they can't force players against their will so they have no power.

11. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    KMJ has the goods to make it in Europe. He should take the chance. China can go suck a hard one.

Kanuck repped this.
  12. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    #2487 Justamoment, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Verbal agreements mean something more than you guys seem to think. It would be comical for Chinese to take this to court given the way they have been acting but in theory they can and Watford may not want all that legal entanglement.

If KMJ has given a verbal agreement, it is really foolish of him. What does he gain by it? He should have remained ambiguous.

P.S. I researched a bit further and it looks pretty bad for KMJ. He can get into a lot of legal trouble if he decides to go to Europe. He will have to persuade Beijing, otherwise a lot of detracting legal problems.
    Beijing verbally agreed to help KMJ go to Europe later but deliberately did not offer to put it in the contract. It appears that Beijing is out to screw another Korean player. The only option for KMJ is to keep demanding ridiculous things and make Beijing back out. Jeonbuk also can harasss Beijing with things like raising the transfer fee. These in turn may tempt Beijing to screw Kim once they acquire him. They have a lot of money and can do it out of spite and hatred of Koreans.

TaegukRedDevil and Gaemamusa repped this.
  13. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Not too many members will get this but...who are Kim's pilots?

14. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yes but KMJ
    but so difficult to prove

15. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    PCY running away from Lille personnel at the train station to join Arsenal and Koo burning bridges with Youngboys to join Wolfsburg. We no need worry

seolseol repped this.
  16. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Unfortunately that's not how it works in the real world. If this dude is right (not sure how accurate is Steve Han) and Kim has already made a verbal agreement, it is just as enforceable as a physical contract. If his agents were not aware of this, he needs to sack his agents.

Or in an alternate scenario, Beijing might release him from his verbal agreement to chase after his European dream.

17. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    However all verbal agreements are vague by nature and there is nothing that bars him from demanding a little extra unless he foolishly agreed to specific transfer clauses. Extras like ... a ridiculously low buy-out, but this may not be possible, I don't really know much about this.

18. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That tweet just seems like he put some meat on the bones of the initial reports. I have yet to read anything about a real verbal agreement, only that Jeonbuk have been in talks with Beijing and so it may get a bit awkward/complex/problematic. To what extent the negotiations reached we do not know. Everything official has been very vague, but it seems Jeonbuk have their sites set on sending KMJ to Europe though.

19. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    I had learned that verbal agreements are binding from Park Jooyoung's case but this is different from his case. Park was about to sign a specific contract and gave a verbal agreement. Kim however just expressed a general intent. There are so many loopholes like demanding unacceptable extras and this verbal agreement is as good as nothing.
    Jeonbuk is just being overly cautious. Jeonbuk is Hyndai affilated thus Chung MJ and I do not see them sacrificing the future of Korean soccer for a little bit of money.

P.S. I just hope that Kim does not make crucial errors that lead to 0-2 defeat either to Bahrain or Qatar next week. That will screw up everything.

20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    does it matter since Jeonbuk hasn't agreed with Beijing Guoan? based on the article, they are still "negotiating". Jeonbuk can simply reject the offer (seems like they are far off for the fee)

21. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would take gurusky/steve han tweets for entertainment purposes more than for credible purposes...

Kim min jae burns bridges with a chinese club. Who cares. Go to watford

Angel Bear, Kanuck and killaorca repped this.
  22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, it should be,and usually there shouldn't be any problem with a second club making an offer. But as that Jeonbuk director said, the club is still being cautious because they've been doing something with Beijing already. We'll find out soon enough anyway.

23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    The director is being nice because he didn't want to blueball Beijing but he needs to kick them out of his bed because he got a better offer. He just thinks the whole situation is awkward.

24. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Whatever, I think we're reading waaaaaay too much into this. There are two potential outcomes: Kim goes to Beijing with a even bigger paycheck or goes to Watford. Let's see what happens, we'll find out in a week or so anyway.

25. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yeah let's just wait and see, but if there weren't any real agreement, he should go to Watford 100%.