Syfy's New Year's Twilight Zone marathon (Wednesday, 12/30/15 - Sunday, 1/3/16)

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who else here is looking forward to all (or more likely, at least part) of this annual tradition? :)

For the first time ever, Syfy is scheduled to air every single episode of the original series in order, including the episodes "The Encounter" featuring a young George Takei (never aired in the U.S. since its original broadcast until now) and "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" (aired only once since its original broadcast until now). Even taking Thursday evening's two-hour broadcast of WWE Smackdown into account (Syfy's only non-Twilight Zone content during the marathon), it'll still be the channel's longest-ever Twilight Zone marathon, starting earlier and ending later than past Syfy New Year's Twilight Zone marathons. :cool:

While I won't be able to watch a large chunk of the marathon, it's still cool to be able to record and watch certain favorite episodes (though I also always seem to find an episode or two that I'd never seen or that I hadn't seen in a long time). Also, if one still can't go to sleep after returning from a New Year's party, the marathon provides perhaps the only good thing to watch that late at night after the New Year's shows have long since ended.

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The marathon begins today. :thumbsup:

-G

usscouse repped this.
  3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #3 usscouse, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    I got caught up in this. What I didn't know and liked was they showed the series in order from the first.

Got a kick again of the amount of people who became recognizable actors and actresses sometimes in their own shows. Burt Reynolds was such a hoot.

Then the classic Ray Bradbury. "I sing the body electric"

Goodsport repped this.