Sweet Baby Jesus - The Jesús Vallejo Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Solid performance against Sevilla, whenever I saw him going for the ball I was confident he was going to beat the attacker for it

I just hope he doesn't suffer like Varane did in terms of injuries.

2. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can't remember any mistake he made this season when played those La Liga matches. solid player.

3. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

The above tactical analysis of Vallejo's reading of the game is awesome. The dude is gonna be legit! His reading of the game has been world class so far. To think Florentino picked up this gem on the cheap along with Asensio is nuts. Florentino has done it again!

Our counter attacks in the game against Sevilla will be the buzz right now for all Madridistas, but Vallejo and Nacho put in a top class shift. So delighted to see them do it better. I feel like these kids are way ahead of the curb in terms of positional awareness. Pepe and Sergio Ramos used to be nothing like this. They were great, but not to this degree of discipline.

4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely disagree with your comment about Ramos and Pepe. Short memory here. We can praise Vallejo without jumping to hyperbole. Kid had a good game, hope he has many more and stay injury free.

robnycus, YOUNGSTARS87, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Completely agree, new shiny toy syndrome it sounds like, let’s win some trophies first perhaps, also some props to whichever scouts found him, hope Vallejo has a long and successful career with us.

robnycus, YOUNGSTARS87 and Shay Z repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Vallejo complained of 'torn' thigh muscle when forced off against Leganes

Real Madrid were forced to watch on helplessly as Jesus Vallejo was struck down by a painful thigh injury on Thursday night at Estadio Butarque.

After barely a quarter of an hour, the Spaniard pulled up when chasing the ball and immediately put his hand to the back of his right leg.

"It's torn, it's torn," the television cameras caught Vallejo complaining as he left the field of play, replaced by Nacho Fernandez.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/01/18/5a610985ca474180318b45b5.html

His constant injuries are really concerning. :(

temesgen repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kovac said he's going to be a starter for the national team possibly captain material, if he stays healthy, but the injuries are a major worry.

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Its starting to look like he will be one of those ill fated players who had all the skill and potential but physical issues never let them take off. I hope that's not the case but its looking more and more like that. Kid has special potential but these injuries man. Very concerning for his career. You don't get a lot of chances in teams like Real Madrid.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he is out for the rest of the season, I think we should bite the bullet and buy a new long term CB.

Doni and Anon. repped this.
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    We probably should regardless, to be honest, unless we do in fact sign Odriozola.

11. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Poor kid, so talented but it seems he can’t catch a break.

12. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any news about the severity of his injury?

13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Welp. Time for a CB. Preferably a veteran. Wish we kept Pepe but ah well.

temesgen repped this.
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Literally every fear of ours from the summer has come true.

We thought if Cristiano loses form we are screwed. That happened.
    We thought if Vallejo keeps getting injured like he has we are screwed knowing Sergio gets red cards and Rafa is also injury prone. That happened.

16. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently he’s injured and a doubt for the Juve game, this kid makes Bale look like Mr Dependable. Physically he’s just not there yet for a CB, hope he has a good gym program to focus on in the summer, else I’ll start referring to him as Glass Bambi.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He isn't dependable.

We probably need to look at bringing in that kid from Ajax or somebody else.

18. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Lucas Hernandez from Atletico has a 55 million release clause. Seems like a decent option in today’s ridiculous market.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Florentino won't do hostile transfers, so the only way Lucas comes is if atleti are willing to sell.

Unless they lose leverage (one year remaining on contact), I highly doubt they will.

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But Perez bought his brother by paying the buyout clause + extras.

21. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It all depends on Lucas. If he wants to come, he'll come. Theo made his desire to play for Madrid known and Florentino made it happen. Lucas needs to do the same.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It wasn't hostile. They wanted to sell and we wanted to buy. They just didn't get in the way of Theo's choice.

In this case, I highly doubt atleti desire to sell.

23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is an interesting prospect for me, but I do not if he wants to join us. At 22, he probably wants more playing time. We won't offer that to him at centerback. At leftback, we already have Marcelo and Theo. I doubt Theo or their father want him to fight with his brother over playing time. They know that Theo is grooming to be Marcelo's replacement. Lucas would be Theo's hindrance to that/.

In the future, their father probably wants them to play on the same team. That is every parent's dream.

PS: I do often not watch him. He is primarily a leftback at this moment, right?

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No. He's a natural CB. But he's playing as LB 'cos Felipe Luis got inured. Stepped in at RB when Juanfran got injured as well. He's very versatile like Nacho and hence playing time won't be an issue imo. And we gotta find a replacement for Ramos in next 2-3 years. He could get rested more in the next couple of seasons as well.

Ahmadi8 and Excape Goat repped this.
  25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then, we should go after him.

Saeta Rubia repped this.