Swedish team is a joke

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by SectionX, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Dogbreath

Dogbreath New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Maui
    oops! Good on ya Sweden! Took down the refugees from Superbadcuts. BTW, do you think the NK's all get the same haircut so they're indistinguishable? Inscrutable.

2. Nillan

Nillan New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Lund Sweden
    Club:
    LdB FC Malmö
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    We probebly have to wait for the info on this after the Bra-Den game.
    The only thing i know is that there will be one homegame and one away.
    But i don´t think it will be untill early next year, but i am not sure yet.
    I´ll keep you posted.

On the haicuts i think it is because they are all military women ruled
    by strikt laws meaning short hair only.

3. Sund-fans

Sund-fans Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Sundsvall
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Gaahhh...

Why am I not surprised? Maybe because I have had a bad feeling about the Swedish NT for a pretty long time now. What disturbs me most of all is that all those people that say ”Swedish soccer are overrated” they now have facts to support their pow.

I think we must put the blame for this fiasco on coach Dennerby. Ha has not been using she strongest team. He has been making too many changes in the tactics too fast. And he has not been able to get the force and the fighting spirit out of the players.

There is no easy games in “the group of death” You have to fight for 100% in 90 minutes to win. Dennerby’s team didn’t do that in the game against Nigeria

I think its time for Dennerby to go. He remindes me too much of Olle Nordin. I think its time for the Swedish FA (Mr Lagrell) to make a call to Ms Sundhage, and say “Hey Pia, it’s better to be number one in Sweden than number two in China”.

[Thomas Dennerby - the Olle Nordin of womens soccer]

That’s my two (euro)cents

4. Nillan

Nillan New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Lund Sweden
    Club:
    LdB FC Malmö
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Acctually i agree on Pia Sundhage, woulden´t that be nice to have a
    real fighter as a coach :)

5. Nillan

Nillan New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Lund Sweden
    Club:
    LdB FC Malmö
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    You are welcome :)

6. reverb

reverb New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Pia would be great. But I wonder if she would prefer to come back to the US when the league started? Not sure where the better money is.

I don't envy Dennerby. Everyone always wants the coach dead when a team loses badly, but what can a coach do if players don't play well? It was a combination of everything here. He lost a lot of talent and the injuries were bad luck.

Yet I also agree that he made 'too many changes too fast', and his choices for this team were sometimes completely baffling. Did he ever explain to the press in Sweden why he made the choices he did (Lindahl over Lundgren, Paulson over Westberg, Stina, etc.)?

On top of everything, now I heard that Svensson and three others might retire this year.

7. Nillan

Nillan New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Lund Sweden
    Club:
    LdB FC Malmö
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I haven´t heard any explainations regarding the choices he made. I know that there is talk about that the older players born -77 like Svensson and some others will quit, but if we make the olympics i am sure they will stay.
    Right now everyone is really sad and they say alot in the newspapers.
    I would wait and see until the they are back to normal, the girls i mean.
    A olympic spot might do the trick, or atleast the chance to play for one.

8. Sund-fans

Sund-fans Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Sundsvall
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    He said before the USA game he prefered Stina Segerström before Westberg because she was "taller".

9. Nillan

Nillan New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Lund Sweden
    Club:
    LdB FC Malmö
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    oh yes i forgott sorry, he said she is abit faster and good with the head, and taller. I must say that she is ok but Westberg is h...ll of alot better.

10. Sund-fans

Sund-fans Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Sundsvall
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Agree.

And the coaching and the changes in team in the end of the Nigeria game (that caused the collapse) must be considered as a personal fiasco for Dennerby

11. Nillan

Nillan New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Lund Sweden
    Club:
    LdB FC Malmö
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I agree, why sub Ljungberg, diden´t make sense, same in the US game
    Sjögran was sub out. :confused:

12. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the UEFA website, Sweden qualified for the Olympics ahead of Denmark. http://www.uefa.com/competitions/wowc/news/kind=1/newsid=592048.html

I'm happy for Sweden although I like Denmark, too. It's really too bad that there's only 3 spots for Europe in the Olympics and it's sure puzzling that England / Great Britain can't qualify.

13. Sund-fans

Sund-fans Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Sundsvall
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Hi!
    This is a little bit confusing. Swedish newspapers, quoting coach Dennerby are talking about two qualification games between Sweden and Denmark later this fall/winter. Dennerby is worrying about game days depending on UEFA WC game days, and says he will have talks with Danish DBU officials to sort this out.

Swedish FA website is also talking about qualification games, not in an officially communiqué, but in an interview with Victoria Svensson.

But the UEFA standpoint makes sense, so this time I hope Dennerby is way out again… :cool:

14. Nillan

Nillan New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Lund Sweden
    Club:
    LdB FC Malmö
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Omg if Uefa is right there will be no games.
    I think it is Unfair to Denmark.
    Better to place it in the hands of the players/team with 2 games.

15. secretcode

secretcode New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    USA
    (I hate to keep posting this thread because the title is obnoxious, and every reply gives the insult more fuel! Maybe there will be a thread for post-WC issues later.)

This is getting increasingly confusing - I read that England is appealing again to FIFA to have a place in the 08 Olys, in light of their quarterfinal match (and more points). So, if ENG does get in, would this mean neither Denmark or Sweden will get the slot? OR, would ENG make it automatically as the host nation, and DEN and SWE still have playoffs?

16. goalieanna

goalieanna New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    California
    London is hosting the 2012 Olympics, not '08, which is in Beijing. If England's appeal does go through (which seems unlikely, but I wish them the best) Sweden and Denmark would be out.

17. Nillan

Nillan New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Lund Sweden
    Club:
    LdB FC Malmö
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    That doesn´t make sense, why should first fifa say no, England compete under
    GB in the Olympics, and then give them the goahead.