Swedish Allsvenskan 2014

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by UFF DA, Jan 17, 2014.

1. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Let's get ready for the 2014 season!

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  2. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Yes UFF DA! A new season starting soon.

Transferticker:

http://www.fotbolldirekt.se/2014/01...issa-inte-en-overgang-med-fds-transferticker/

Notable is Amadou Jawo signing at Djurgården. He was contracted last season with Elfsborg but on loan to Djurgården. He had a very successful season for the Järnkaminer. This is surely a great move for DIF!

Wowoah leaves Örebro for Karlslund. A legend slowing down in a lower division.

Joseph Baffo is a bosman right now. No prolonged contract with Helsingborg it seems. He´s a decent defender.

Godsway Donyoh were last season on loan to Djurgården from Manchester City. He is now on loan to newcomers Falkenberg. A club that will be coached by legendary Henrik Larsson.

Djurgården have also aquired gefle´s Faltsetas. He is following his coach also coming from the same club.

Is BP´s and former AIK legend Bojan Djordjic ending his career? Under no contract at the moment.

Majstorovic the veteran defender is a Bosman finding no agreement with AIK.

IFK attacker Hysén have left the club for Shanghai.

Goalie Azinovic leaves Kalmar for Malmö.

Ihmad Khalili leaves Helsingborg. He´s on loan to Al Shabab.

Chritian Kouakou leaves AIK for BP.

3. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Thanks for the updates!

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  4. godspeed_you

godspeed_you New Member

Aug 15, 2010
    An replacement for Hamad, and MFF should be good to go for that elusive back-to-back allsvenskan champion.

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  5. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Woo! Subscribed.

Wish transfermarkt didn't treat all seasons like they started in fall. Makes it hard to keep track of league transfers.

Good luck, Wowoah, and thanks for all the great seasons at ÖSK.

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  6. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Pinned.

IFK Göteborg

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  7. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the updates, IFKgotet.

One more: Malmo's Erik Friberg is said to be in talks to return to MLS. Seattle would have number one pick at this point, though they look like they may pick Marco Pappa, so he may go to Toronto (which has become a powerhouse over the offseason due to big signings).

My heart is with Kalmar, though the early offseason moves suggest the Stockholm clubs DIF and AIK look to be the strongest for 2014. Of course, IFK will have a say in the matter! I will definately be watching Falkenberg with Henke!

8. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Malmö Friberg will not go to MLS, but to Bologna.
    Elfsborg Stefan Ishizaki will leave Borås for Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS). Is this a true loss for Elfsborg or was it time fro a change for Ishizaki after so many years at Elfsborg? This is good for LA--his experience will help fill in the blanks for LA when Donovan and others leave LA for VM duty during the middle of the season. I look forward to watching how he works with Robbie Keane. Will Elfsborg need to find a replacement for Ishizaki?

Also, how will Hysen's departure affect IFK?

9. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    IL Kicks - Are you really a Chicago Fire supporter? I've never seen you over in our little corner of BigSoccer. I'm the moderator for that zoo as well as this tranquil forum.

Go on over to the Fire forum and join the fun.

10. godspeed_you

godspeed_you New Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Awful silly season for all swedish teams thus far. I guess AIK have the edge, mainly because they haven't lost anyone really. Markkanen and Eliasson might be pleasant surprises, but is might also take time for them to get acclimated.

Teteh Bangura I don't see the point of. An injured player who didn't do well at his last couple of clubs, and he's only at AIK for 6 months. It's essentially a rehab assignment.

11. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Great updates guys!

First off ILKicks mentions Ishizaki. That is a major transfer for Allsvenskan. Arguably one of the better wingers. He leaves for the MLS. Never really made it on the Continent. I think a very interesting move for Ishi indeed. He´s been very long now at Elfsborg and will be sorely missed. Difficult to replace such a colourful character and skillfull player. You can´t fault the guy though. He´s been contributing to several good seasons for the South Western Inland club. A replacement needed now!
    You also mention Hysén´s departure from the 2nd City club Gothenburg. For the moment the Sports Director and Manager are evaluating during preseason how they can cope offensively and in the scoring department. My guess is that Håkan Mild will opt for a major replacement and that he´s working on it but trying to stem that discussion amongst supporters telling them it is likely they go all in on Sam Larsson and Robin Söder up front. Mr Mild knows that that duo won´t be good enough to compete with the likes of Malmö and Co. Expect an eventual big signing. Elmander have reportedly searched for a kindergarten Place for his Child in the City of Gothenburg. Can IFK really afford such an upscale NT Player? Well they recieved a decent amount from the Selling of Hysén.

I totally agree with goodspeed_you about AIK doing well to at least for now keeping their most influential players. It is already a very solid squad. Teteh I also agree is an on loan deal that doesn´t sound too long term and appealing. Eliasson I´ve seen a couple of games for Falkenberg. Such an exciting talent. A right wing player with speed and technique. Markkanen had atrial at the club and is now a signed deal. AIK have kept their players and strengthened slightly.

But it is silly season and early days. A lot can happen. Take Pontus Jansson of Malmö for example. First he´s rumoured out and then the day after he´s supposed to stay. Can they keep players like that MFF will obviously also be in the Championship winning frame. But Malmö have lost Friberg as ILKicks also mentioned. He was very steady centrally in midfield last season for them. He´s gone. Hamad the Captain also left. And the success manager Norling also left. Another experianced coach have arrived. Åge Harreide.

Tranferticker

http://www.fotbolldirekt.se/2014/01...issa-inte-en-overgang-med-fds-transferticker/

The biggest names are mentioned by goodspeed and ILKicks above. We can also register Joseph Baffo leaving Helsingborg to Halmstad. I feel that is the type of move clubs like HBK should do. Underrated player for decent money. Well done Halmstad!
    Tom Söderberg did a decent job at Elfsborg. He leaves fro abroad.
    Gefle attacker Jakob Orlov joins manager Norling at Brann Bergen Norway. Has been serving the South Norrland club well. A replacement needed.
    Craig Henderson leaves MAIF.
    Rajalakso a fairly mediocre player it proved? Well he leaves DIF once and for all for Polish Extraklasa. He got of to a good start early on at the Stockholm club but bever found his stride.
    Sebastian Holmén a Young centre back for Elfsborg have signed a new contract. A good prospect that played many games last season for IFE.
    Reserve keeper for the same club Abbas Hassan also with a new deal.
    Andreas Landgren comes back to his old club Helsingborg after an adventure in Norwegian Tippeliga. I think a good signing.

A fairly low keyed Silly Season thus far....

A few deals were made already last year. Like for example IFK Gothenburg´s Martin Smedberg_Dalence. We will come back to go through all the squads later as the rosters are finalized......

12. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great summary. I am not very worried about AIK--I believe they are a solid squad and they have a deep bench, I think they will finish 2014 in the top three. To me, all the moves may upset the balance of how the other large clubs play--particularly IFK and Hysen. He was a fixture at IFK and a departure like that tends to have an affect in the locker room. However, the IFK coaching staff are definately professionals and know how to deal with these types of dynamic changes, but it will be interesting to see who steps up to fill in the blanks. My hope is that a home grown player will take over and keep the club at the top as opposed to the club spending money to bring a player in from the outside. IFK has a great history of developing players and I don't think that will change. You are correct about Malmo--they also have a history of developing players and they are a constant worry for IFK (and the rest of the league). Both clubs develop Swedish players not only for their respective clubs, but also for the national teams. To me, it seems that Allsvenskan the past couple of seasons have been so tight and so cut throat that any small change (like a Hysen departure) could make or break a season for a club. But, this is great for the fans--not so much for people who hold Mr Mild's type of position!

13. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm definitely with you on this one. Falkenbergs had an amazing run last season and deserves their spot in the Allsvenskan, but their losses of key players to bigger Allsvenskan sides will make it even tougher on them this season. I like how Henke has been talking about what he is trying to do there, teaching players to become professionals and giving them a path to greater success. Should be a great motivator for that side. Also good that he recognizes that he will have to adapt his strategy to the players he has.

Should make for a compelling story.

14. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    #14 IFKgötet1, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    News

Rosenberg more or less is a signed deal at Malmö. A sign on bonus at 8 million. The former Sweden NT star soon to join the Malmö squad. It is certainly a high class name. But hee´s been struggling in England. Can his career get a boost in the 3rd City club? Malmö have offensive players such as Molins, Magnus Eriksson and now Rosenberg.

Will the South African left winger Mayambela sign at Djurgården? He did fairly well in the 7-0 thrashing of Finnish Mariehamn. The left wing position is a priority for the coach Olsson.

May Mahlangu is Another player that Malmö is watching closely. He is currently doing rehab following an injury. A former Helsingborg player to join local rivals MFF?

AIK have yet to win at La Manga. Their last game of the Camp was to result in another dissapointment. Romanian Astra made it 1-0. AIK looks a bit blunt preseason which is expected since the players are in a tough training period. AIK squandered several great scoring chances though.

NicklasBackman, Per Karlsson and Alexander Milosevic´s contracts are all expiring soon. But according to reports they are all positive towards prolonging. All of them are importand defenders and basically the backbone of defenive part of the roster.

Although IFK Gothenburg managed 0-0 versus the illustrious opponents of romanian Steua Bucharest, the apparent bluntness up front in attack was evident in the game. The departure of Hysén could be costing a top 3 Place? Or is there a replacement on the way.

Malmö and AIK looks to be in the driver´s seat for the time being. With clubs such as IFK, Elfsborg, Helsingborg and even Djurgården as outsiders?

15. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    #15 IFKgötet1, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    IFK Göteborg-Plovdiv 4-0

I obtained a crappy highlight (bulgarian commentary) from La Manga. IFK played Another fine game. The Bulgarians swept aside 4-0. The Bulgarian coach punched manager Stahre in the face and the game was called off by the ref 5 minutes Before full time. Evidentely the IFK coach shouted to his players to Watch out for "that idiot tackling hard. It inguriated the Bulgarian coach who then attacked Stahre. A good tournament by IFK.

(bulgarian commentary)

earlier Bucharest game (romanian commentary)

16. godspeed_you

godspeed_you New Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Should be noted that the game is suspected of having been fixed beforehand. Bookies stopped taking bets on the game in the first half.

17. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Yes I heard that too. What a shame if it would be true. Nomatter what I think IFK has played fairly well in these two games. I still want to see a high class attacker signed though.

18. godspeed_you

godspeed_you New Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I really don't understand why you're able to bet on pre-season friendlies. Seems to be an open invitation to fix the game.

19. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    What a weird game. I watched the stream in the 2nd half. What I reacted to was how they were so passive in defense. Just constantly let the IFK side walk through without challenging. I didn't really think in those terms but then I read the media and it didn't surprise me. IFK had made 7 changes from the Steaua game as well. And Plovdiv had won against the romanians 2-1 previously. I also read that the plovdiv goalie didn't even try to save the 1st half peanalty :).

Besides all the possible rigging, the incident where their coach attacked Stahre was also very awkward.

20. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    IFK-Aalborg in a traning game, 1-3

21. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I missed it, but I'm glad to see Teteh is back with AIK. I really hope he can rediscover his form. He's an incredibly talented player, but he hasn't been able to put it together outside of Sweden.

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  22. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    I need to wake UFF DA up:

23. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg

Indeed looking forward seing if he can deliver again in AIK.

24. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF

That'll definitely wake me up! :mad:

25. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 2014 Allsvenskan clubs have seen quite a few managerial changes, and it is really a sort of musical chairs!

Nanne BERGSTRAND leaves Kalmar for Superetten Hammerby. Kalmar replaces him with Hans EKLUND, who comes from Falkenberg; EKLUND is replaced by the Henke. Per OLSSON leaves Gefle for DIF; Gefle replaces him with Roger SANDBERG, who last managed at Hammerby. One thing is fopr sure, these changes (and the other manager changes) will make for an even more interesting Allsvenskan/Superetten season starting 30/03.

One match on my list is the 30/03 Malmo-Falkenbergs contest--I look forward to seeing how Henke does against the club where he rose to fame. Of course, the must see match is AIK-IFK contest in Solna. I want to be there on 31/03! Why would the Allsvenkan officials schedule a big match like this during the first week of the season? I would think they would want to put this one sometime in May or June? Or was the schedule created by a radom computer program? Maybe they knew they would get a great crowd--bad weather or not.