Swedish Allsvenskan 2012

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by UFF DA, Dec 16, 2011.

1. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    9th place

Olympia (Helsingborg)

Used to be one of the better, but now it´s lagging behind, since more clubs have built newer arenas. Maybe still should be higher up in this list?

[​IMG]

2. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    10th place

Behrn Arena (Örebro)

[​IMG]

3. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Okey guys how would you rank your favourite arenas? Maybe there are better arenas than the ones I found. Just add if you like :) ?

Outsiders:

Råsunda (being brought down at the moment)

Söderstadion (Hammarby´s old arena)

Stockholm Stadion (Djurgården´s old stadium)

Nya Ullevi (IFK Göteborg´s old- awefull football arena)

Swedbank Park (Västerås)

Östersund Arena (Östersund)

Linköping´s new Arena (Linköping)

4. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Stockholm Stadion is the only one I've been to. I loved it, of course!

5. 19helsinki07

19helsinki07 New Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Helsinki, Finland
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Friends Arena sounds (and looks) like plastic. It's really a shame that svff didn't have the balls to develop Råsunda. Just wondering if 'Norra Stå' is going to fit in the new stand? I believe that the capacity of Norra Stå in Råsunda was about 8,000... it doesn't look like there's enough space in the northern stand of Friends Arena?

6. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    The name is silly. The AIK-fans will call it something else probably. It´s obviously too big for Allsvenskan games to say the least. Not even AIK will fill it up. But they will use huge curtains to cover the 3rd tier stand. According to early speculation AIK will try to sell around 15 000 season tickets at least. My guess would be that they will have just above 20000 in avarage attendance. They will be able to create decent atmosphere. But hopefully for them we won´t see some kind of "Globen-effect", referring to the inodor arena built 1989. DIF´s and AIK´s hockey-sections moved away eventually from that arena.

The standing home terrace holds roughly 7000 I think. Not 100% sure though.

AIK have a very long term deal with the arena-owners I guess, so they are basically stuck there for quite some time.

Meanwhile the Tele2Arena in the South of Stockholm, holding around 30000 spectators looks wonderful. Would had been a perfect type of arena for AIK.

It´s all up to the Ultras to make the Friends Arena to their new fortress. They are very vocal and could potentially do a decent job there, but sure it´s absolutely HUGE. Especially the games against teams like Gefle, Åtvidaberg and so forth will be a challenge for them perhaps.

7. 19helsinki07

19helsinki07 New Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Helsinki, Finland
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Let's hope that Black Army will get the atmosphere right. For me, as an outsider, part of the charm in AIK has always been Råsunda and Norra Stå. I find it quite hard to find that same charm about the club now that they don't play at Råsunda anymore. Well have to wait and see. I'll make my judgement next year cause I'm planning to visit both sides of the Tvillingderby so I'll have my opinion about both of the new arenas.

8. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    FCBayernDM repped this.
  9. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Awesome! Think I'll mostly be watching DIF, (and possibly IFK), this season while ÖSK regroup in the Superettan. Need to get a feel for the playing style.

10. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    I'm sure your ÖSK will be very successful in the Superettan. Like you said, they just need to regroup. They're a good club with good support, and it's a shame to see them no longer in the top division. They'll be back soon, I'm sure.

11. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Örebro as we all know is a classical swedish side. Looking at forums all around, from time to time people write about the pity that ÖSK will not play in Allsvenskan. But they´ll be back sooner or later in the league they belong. We will cover them here in every round they play.

12. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Yes, I´ve seen that youtube-user. Great uploader. If we go back in time to watch DIF from the past we can recognize what a fantastic team they had during their Championship winning streak. Players such as Stefan Rehn, Andreas Johansson (now back in DIF from the Danish league), and a certain Kim Källström (still NT-player for Sweden).

"Djurgården är bäst"......Haha very good swedish right there.

Obviously I hope SoccerMIGermany will find his true feelings as an Angel-supporter at last.

I will soon present a runthrough of the "silly-season" thus far. Including the signing of merited DIF-player Johansson from OB in Denmark. Well done DIF.

Also I can tell you guys that the Stockholm clubs are selling more season tickets than ever before. DIF are selling most tickets thus far it seems. The new arenas are creating a major boost no doubt.

13. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Definitely an exciting signing regarding Johansson. He will feel right back at home with DIF.

I'm sure the arenas are going to create a buzz bringing in new fans. I'm glad to hear the ticket sales are going up.

We're looking forward to your silly season news. Thanks!