Swedish Allsvenskan 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by ifkgötet, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    AIK

Signings: Ibrahim Bangura, attacker, FC Kallon
    Losses: Nicklas Bergh, Goalie, No new club
    Wallid Atta, Defender, On loan to Lokomotiv Zagreb
    Dulee Johnson, Centr. midfielder, No new club
    Saihou Jagné, Attacker, Brommapojkarna (Superettan)
    Latest Buzz: Incredibly quite. No major news. Veteran Tjärnström not yet signed. A NT-goalie for Ghana, William Amamoo is said to be interested in a move to AIK. They need to sign some players if they want to be a top side.
    Ibrahim Bangura is a good signing though. According to news they are not selling that many season tickets at the moment. An aweful past season behind them and also no major signings doesn´t exactly help boosting the ticket sales....And the recent events concerning the utterly competent midfielder Johnson we don´t need to analyze further perhaps. He symbolizes AIKs fiasco season.

Djurgården

Signings: Joel Riddez, defender, Strömsgodset (Tippeligan)
    Losses: Louis Antonio Rodriguez, defender, No new club
    Sharbel Touma, midfielder, Syrianska FC
    Boyd Mwila, attacker, Trollhättan (on loan)
    Latest Buzz: Not much new apart from the "trophy-incident" earlier. We most likely wont see any major new signings as the leadership wants to put emphesis on their own production on talent for the moment. Good squad already, so as long as they don´t loose any major players they should do rather well. Bu why sell Touma?! I can´t understand that one I must say. I am also a bit puzzled over why they didn´t sign Rodriguez who was on loan. Because in matches I saw him play he really played well on his left defensive flank.

Elfsborg

Signings:---
    Losses: Teddy Lucic, defender, Ends his career.
    Marcus Falk-Olander, defender, IFK Norrköping
    Marcus Oversjö, defender, released from his loan to Falkenberg (Superettan)
    Matthias Florén, defender, IFK Norrköping
    Latest Buzz: Very competent defender Florén sold to IFK Norrköping:confused:. According to manager Haglund Elfsborg is laying low in finding a replacement. Abbas Hassan (3rd keeper) who has played 1st keeper for IFK Norrköping is said to be signed by the same club. Former NT-defender Lucic ends his fine career. Elfsborg must certainly find a really good starting-defender now....Good squad otherwise. Top side off coarse.

GAIS

Signings: Gzim Istrefi, midfielder, Carlstad Unt. (Div 1)
    Eric Bassombeng, attacker, Örebro
    Losses: ---
    Latest Buzz: Gudjon Baldvinson was on loan to Icelandic KR but is now in test-training in Moscow. Swedish Under-21 player Johan Mårtensson and Björn Andersson are both chosing to wait prolonging their contracts at the club. Superettan club Jönköping Södras goalie Alexander Nadj choses to play in Norway instead of signing with GAIS. They did well signing Bassombeng from Örebro. But this is not a very impressive squad. Will they be a bottom side?

Gefle

Signings: Pär Asp, defender, Brommapojkarna
    Losses: Öyvind Gram, midfielder, no new club yet
    Daniel Westlin, attacker, no new club yet
    Latest buzz: Both Omar Jawo and Daniel Theorin are not yet signed due to a very strained economy in the club. They are looking for sponsors to help them sign at least Theorin. Gefle will most likely struggle? But shure, Pär Asp from BP was avery smart move. Underestimated indeed.

IFK Göteborg

Signings: Andreas Drugge, attacker, Trelleborg
    Losses: Nicklas Carlsson, defender, Brommapojkarna
    Petter Björlund, defender, no new club yet
    William Attashkadeh, attacker, Örebro
    Latest buzz: Not much happening at the moment. Two Argentinian talents have been testing with the club. It is said that they have impressed. It remains to be seen if they´ll be signed. The supporters are devided concerning the signing of Drugge. He is competent. But is he really a top-notch player? This is afterall one of the bigger clubs. Decent squad but barely a top-side? According to my estimates they wont be if they don´t sign some competent players soon. Supporters at this club are not too contempt at the moment....

Halmstad

Signings: ---
    Losses: Peter Johansson, defender, no new club yet
    Tommy Jönsson, defender ends his career
    Alexander Prent, midfielder, no new club yet
    Emir Kujovic, attacker, Kayserispor (Superlig, Turkey)
    Anselmo, attacker, no new club yet
    Latest buzz: Anselmo is good attacker. Örebro opted not to sign him. Latest we heard Trelleborg was interested in him. Halmstad is yet to sign a new player for the coming season. Earlier Josep Clotet, assistant trainer at Malmö was signed as the new manager. Important veteran Jönsson ends his career. They must replace him soon. They need to start acting very soon Halmstad, or they will struggle yet again.

Helsingborg

Losses: Liverstam, defender, Landskrona (Superettan)
    Marcus Lantz, midfielder, no new club
    Latest buzz: Joel Ekstrand, defender who was set for Udinese is still with Helsingborg. The Italians have layed low. Competent defender no doubt. The utterly competent central hardworking midfielder Marcus Lantz have been in talks with rivals Malmö and Landskrona. But still no defenitive outcome. Why they didn´t give him another couple of years I don´t understand. Good squad otherwise.

BK Häcken

Signings: Tibor Joza, defender, Falkenberg (Superettan)
    Björn Anklev, def./midf./attacker:rolleyes:, Örgryte
    Losses: Johan Lind, defender, ends career
    Erik Friberg, midfielder, Seattle Sounders
    Latest buzz: After signing Anklev from fellow Gothenburgers Örgryte, the BKH-board took a time-out during Christmas. Seldom do we see anything spectacular from this little club. I´m not impressed by the squad. The fact that they can stay put in Allsvenskan with that kind of budget is indeed also impressive and surprising.

Kalmar FF

Losses: Petter Lennartsson, defender, no new club
    Joakim Lantz, no new club
    Markus Lindberg, defender, Ängelholm
    Jimmy Augustsson, midfielder, Syrianska FC
    Joakim Karlsson, midfielder, no new club
    Douglas Vieira, attacker, no new club
    Latest buzz: They are looking for players in Kosovo, but especially Brazil at the moment (as usual). A surprised Joakim Lantz when his contract wasn´t prolonged. An interesting club on the rise once again. More than a mid-table spot? No, they need to sign some players then. But their new fresh arena will certainly give them a boost.

Malmö FF

Signings: Tobias Malm, midfielder, from Malmö Under-21 squad
    Losses: Anes Mravac, defender, LB07 (division 1 South)
    Joseph Elanga, defender, no new club
    Latest buzz: Very quiet surrounding the Champions. They are propably trying to prolong many of their current stars before eventual signings. They opted to not prolong Joseph Elangas contract. There you have a decent defender with still a couple of good years at high level.

Mjällby

Signings: Pavel Zavadil, midfielder, Örgryte
    Losses: ---
    Latest buzz: Midfielder Osiako is set to leave the tiny club. ´That´s most certainly why they signed Pavel Zavadil from financially weak Örgryte. Very smart signing. This tiny club continues to impress with good signings.

IFK Norrköping

Signings: Marcus Falk-Olander, defender, Elfsborg
    Matthias Florén, defender, Elfgsborg
    Martin Smedberg-Dalence, midfielder, Ljungskile (Superettan)
    Astrit Ajdarevic, attacker, Örebro
    Joonas Tamm, attacker, FC Flora
    Losses: Kristoffer Arvhage, defender, no new club yet
    Eirik Dybendahl, midfielder, no new club yet
    Tobias Rick hammar, midfielder, no new club yet
    Mikael Lindskog, midfielder, stops playing at elite-level
    Gunnar Thor Gunnarsson, midfielder, no new club
    Latest buzz: Smedberg-Dalence and Tamm signed this week. But above all the big signing earlier from Elfsborg, Matthias Florén. Very good signing. All the signing are for at least a 3 year span. Gabriel Petrovic was also set for the club but elects to prolong with BP. But all in all, these signings do look decent I must admit and I think they will definatly be able to stay in the highest league.

Syrianska FC

Signings: Alex Perreira, defender, Örgryte
    David Durmaz, defender, defender, Ljungskile
    Sharbel Touma:confused:, midfileder, Djurgården
    Johan Arneng, midfielder, Stabeak
    Losses: Haris Skenderovic, defender, Stabeak
    Denis Velic, midfielder, no new club yet
    Latest buzz: Well this club is really impressing with their new signings at the moment. Getting Arneng is impressive. Earlier they somehow managed to sign Touma from Djurgården (what are DIF doing?). Perreira and Durmaz are decent defenders. Smart. They already have players such as Peter Ijeh and Abgar Barsom. Certainly they would already stand a very good chance of staying in Allsvenskan. Well done!

Trelleborg

Signings: Erdin Demir, midfielder, LB07 (div. 1 South)
    Andreas Grahm, attacker, VMA
    Niclas Schön, attacker, Svedala
    Losses: Andreas Drugge, attacker, IFK Göteborg
    Latest buzz: Attacker Anselmo fro Halmstad is said to have attracted interest from this little South swedish club. Schön comes from Div.3 but is said to be a new Orlov (Gefle) or Oremo (Djurgården). We´ll see how he develops though. A big chance they take for shure. He is a replacement for the loss of attacker Andreas Drugge who left for IFK Göteborg. Otherwise signings from local Southern clubs from what I can see. Nothing that impresse at the moment.

Örebro

Signings: Emil Berger, midfielder, Degerfors
    William Atashkadeh, attacker, IFK Göteborg
    Kalle Holmberg, attacker, Karlslund
    Miralem Maglic, attacker, Arboga
    Ashmed Yashin, attacker, Forward
    Losses: Peter Westman, goalie, ends career
    Patrik Anttonen, defender, no new club
    Samuel Bertin Zé, defender, no new club yet
    Anthony Flood, midfielder, no new club yet
    Henri Bell, attacker, no new club yet
    Astrit Ajdarevic, attacker, IFK Norrköping
    Mikael Jidsjö, attacker, no new club yet
    Eric Bassombeng, attacker, GAIS
    Roni Porokara, Germinal Beershot (Belgium)
    Latest buzz: Wow! This club have really had their hands full thus far into the Silly season. Anttonen leaves. Very competent. So negative news for them. Also negative is that influencial and very competent Porokara leaves as well. Ajdarevic is a major talent. Reminds us a bit of Elfsborgs Avdic. He goes to newcomers Norrköping. I don´t understand why they sold him. That was bad for them. Now what have they replaced with? Aside from some local clubs signings, they signed very talented Atashkadeh from Göteborg. He needs to build his physique. Is he really ready for a starting-spot? Doubtfull. He wanted more playing time at IFK but didn´t get it. Emil Berger is a decent signing from Superettan club Degerfors. They need to start acting Örebro.

ifkgötet....

2. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    As you may have noticed, this is the 2011 Allsvenskan thread - thanks ifkgötet!

Here's how the league ended up in 2010 and where the top 4 clubs will be going:

1. Malmö FF - CL Qualif.
    2. Helsingborgs IF - Europa (2010 Svenska Cupen winners)
    3. Örebro SK - Europa
    4. IF Elfsborg - Europa

3. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    My understanding was the issue with losing Touma was a financial one. No agreement could be reached between club management and him for an extended contract.

And since we can't expect any new acquisitions...from what I understand, his possible replacements may be: Christer Youssef, Joakim Alriksson, or Sebastian Rajalakso -- All current players for DIF.

I look forward to Erik Friberg's arrival in Seattle! I'm sure he will fit in perfectly with the Sounders. :)

Syrianska definitely deserves to play in the Allsvenskan. I am excited to see how well they do...Touma will certainly be a nice addition to their squad.

4. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Touma: Yes, it´s a financial matter. But still they should have kept him according to me. Even if they´re keeping a low profile, Touma is still a Djurgården player at heart and he was himself very unhappy that he had to leave the club. He was very unpopular when he came back to the club, as he had earlier played for AIK. But rapidly he became more and more accepted by the majority of the DIF-fans. He had before that played for DIF off coarse. He scored some lovely freekick goals and long range shots. Great technical player.

Syrianska: They are to be congratulated. They have signed some really good players. Compare that to big clubs like f.ex IFK who have nothing to show for yet. But it´s still early days in the Silly Season.

Friberg: Well, I am interested how they came to know about this guy? He is actually a rather anonymous player in Allsvenskan. I know he comes from Gothenburg. He played earlier at local club Västra Frölunda. And then he signed for the island club Häcken. He is born 1986. I have seen him play at Ullevi against my team. He had a very sensible right foot I must say. His style is somewhat erratic at times. Tricky kind of player.

Touma equalizing against Örebro past season....:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J9sPRdfVH4"]YouTube - Måljubel mot Örebro[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofStQoq119E&feature=related"]YouTube - Djurgårdens IF - Örebro SK 2010... Fem underbara minuter![/ame]

5. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    I agree, Touma is a terrific player (as that second video showed, he has great scoring ability), and perhaps more effort should have been given to keep him on the roster. If Djurgården is indeed trying to focus on youth, perhaps his age is a factor...but 31 really isn't that old...so who knows...?

As far as Friberg goes, here is an article taken from Sounderfc.com, but it doesn't offer a whole lot of clarification as to how or why he was picked out of the Allsvenskan:

The Seattle Sounders FC has signed Swedish midfielder Erik Friberg, it was announced today. Friberg, 24, played the past four seasons for BK Häcken.
    Friberg's signing will be finalized upon receipt of his P-1 visa and International Clearance. Per Major League Soccer and club policy, terms were not disclosed.
    Playing in the middle and sometimes the left side, Friberg was instrumental in winning the ball and setting-up attacks for Häcken. He also scored five times in 94 appearances for the Göteborg club. Friberg (pronounced FREE-burg) first signed as a professional at age 16 with Västra Frölunda IF.
    In 2010 Häcken finished eighth in the Allsvenskan, the Swedish first division, after taking fifth the previous season. In 2008, Friberg's first season as a starter, Häcken earned promotion after finishing second in Sweden's second tier, the Superettan.
    "This is very exciting, to be coming to Seattle and playing for Sounders," said Friberg. "I want to help the club win as many matches as possible. I work hard, I like to play and my desire to win is plain to see in every match."
    "Erik is a player who brings an honest work rate and flair to our midfield," said Sounders FC Head Coach Sigi Schmid. "He has a nonstop engine and is versatile with the ability to play in the middle of the park or wide on occasion. His passing will help diversify our attack in 2011."
    Said Friberg: "I heard during the summer that they were looking at me, and immediately I let it be known that I want to play there, in Seattle. Everyone I speak with says it's a great city, and the fans are the best in the U.S. I believe it's going to be a very, very good year."
    "Erik is a tactically smart midfielder and very versatile," said Chris Henderson Sounders FC technical director. "He has good technique and a good soccer brain. We expect him to contribute and compete for a position centrally or wide."
    Friberg made his senior team debut in 2005 with Västra Frölunda at age 19. His contract was purchased in 2007 by Häcken, where his father, Peter Friberg, had also played as a professional.

6. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to Bild.de, Werder Bremen is in the process of signing Denni Avdic from IF Elfsborg. Bild is saying Bremen have agreed to the details with Elfsborg, but there are a few details to sort out with the player. What kind of player is he?
    Link to article (In German)

7. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    He´s a tall and strong lad. Very difficult to snatch the ball from him. Good technique despite his physique. Good shot and has developed good passing as well. Good heading (can develope though). Can play as a target player but also if needed he can also play as an offensive midfielder. Scores goals foremost. At least in Allsvenskan;). Actually a bit more like Rosenberg than Ibra. He can definately develope his speed somewhat.

He has a good shot:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bejb1oFJLlc&feature=related"]YouTube - IF Elfsborg - AIK, Denni Avdic kononskott, 12 maj 2010[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6tqdvX6ybA"]YouTube - Welcome to Bremen Denni Avdic by xD4rKnEss[/ame]

8. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for the info & videos :), it will be interesting to see how he does in Bremen. I think if he can adapt to Werder's style quickly that he'll do very well.

9. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Well he´s got the physique, technique, passing, eye-for-goal and vision. But he could develope some abilities. Especially heading and his speed. The two videos below wont show all his goals but it will show us some abilities other than the main one we know about (striking). F.ex that he covers the ball well, passing and so on:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_qxaCmhSTk"]YouTube - Denni Avdic 1 (Elfsborg) - Striker[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOnZ89CMYYs&feature=related"]YouTube - Denni Avdic 2(Elfsborg) - Striker / 2nd forward[/ame]

10. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    2011 Silly Season up-dates

AIK

Attacker Bangura seems to be staying at the club. The only interesting news at the moment is that winger Mutumba might be on his way back to the club. Sources are saying that Hungarian club Videoton are prepared to letting him go. He won the 2009 Championship with AIK.

Djurgården

Left defender Lucho is gone. But Joel Riddez from Norwegian Strömsgodset is covering up that spot. All financial muscle apperantly directed towards the youth-developement at the moment? They let go off Touma. Arneng wasn´t a player they wanted for the moment. He instead went to Syrianska FC.

Elfsborg

Denni Avdic was eventually sold to Werder Bremen in Bundesliga. They gained 22 mill. swedish kronor. Will he be replaced by Lasse Nilsson, currently playing in Eredevisie? If that is the case they will have to change their formation allowing one further attacker up-front. They are also looking for a central defender. They are willing to let some of the younger in the squad get the chance to show their worth this season. Attacker Abdulrahman on loan to GAIS. Elfsborg will be testing the squad in Portugal a month from now.

GAIS

The club has a new Sports Director (earlier at IFK Göteborg), Mats Persson. He has thus far been very active. He has signed a couple of guys. Gzim Istrefi, Carlstad United, Eric Bassombeng, Örebro, Joakim Edström and Alexander Angelin have all agreed with the club. To this we can also ad attacker Abdulrahman who´s on loan from Elfsborg. GAIS will reportedly be looking at two brazilian players soon. But the club will perhaps loose a trio of players: Johan Mårtensson (Sweden U-21 who´s chased after), Björn Andersson and Eyolfur Hedinsson. These players are yet to prolong their contracts.

Gefle

This club at least has had some financial problems earlier. Now maybe solved? But they did still manage to prolong the contract with important Daniel Theorin. Gefle opted not to lengthen Westlin´s contract. Competent Omar Jawo seems to want to move from the club. He has yet to sign. This club will most propably not be very active during Silly Season.

IFK Göteborg

The club started their Pre-season early. They had a couple of training matches already during December 2010. According to reports their right defender, Adam Johansson is the guy with the best physical test results during training. We have earlier reported that IFK are scouting players foremost in the following players markets: Argentina (two tested talents with positive remarks), Iceland (likewise positive remarks) and also the swedish market. They will most certainly make a couple of new signings in the near future.

Halmstad

This classical West-Coast club have thus far been somewhat inactive. Their last season was fairly dismal. But finally things are starting to happen. First they signed former assistant trainer from Malmö, Pep Clotet Ruiz. He becomes their new manager. Supporting him he´ll have a newly elected board consisting of some well known names and very competent individuals. Some old players at the club but also some leading financial figures from the city. These individuals have already secured around 20 million kronor in order for the club to be able to sign new players. They will need to as their current roster had problems staying in Allsvenskan the past season. Ad to this the fact that attacker Anselmo is on his way, away from Halmstad (new destination: propably another Allsvenskan club).

Helsingborg

HIF will loose Marcus Lantz, the midfield general and also competent and talanted Joel Ekstrand (on his way to Udinese?). Will Alexander Gerndt elect to leave as well? What will this mean? If they don´t find replacements another succesful season like the past one would be rather surprising. They do have some very talented youth players to pick from though. In the 90´s Sweden´s NT had a rather well known figure called Jonas Thern. His son Simon Thern is at the club. Will he be one of those talents getting the chance of showing his worth this season in the A-squad.

Häcken

The tiny Göteborg-club have lost Friberg, Lind, Vinicius. They have signed Tibor Joza (Falkenberg, Superettan) and Björn Anklev (from Örgryte who are in financial difficulties). They are at the moment on the minus side roster-wise, but they apparently have some resources to buy some players thanks to their sold players. Some experts even think that Marcus Lantz of Helsingborg is a realistic signing. Häcken a darkhorse?

Kalmar

The East Coasters are in need of a defender. They still opted not to sign steady and underestimated defender Joakim Lantz. Instead they have been looking closely at norwegian player Mads Hansen. But the economical and social factors haven´t yet been solved.

Malmö

The Southerners will start training on Monday. They will be a chased side, Champions as they are. And they also are in danger of loosing extremely important trio Hamad, Molins and Mehmeti, all of them with outgoing contracts towards the end of the season. Manager Roland Nilsson is also looking for an assistant. Malmö will attend the anual Copa Del Sol later on. Interesting to follow events in this club.

Mjällby

When will attacker El-Kabir leave the tiny club? He´ll most likely be the one to leave first. But signs are that both Löfqist and Osiako are on their way as well. Mjällby staff have said that he is free to go. They would welcome the income from selling him.

IFK Norrköping

This classical club would want to steady themselves in Allsvenskan where they indeed belong according to everyone here. They have been very active as we have reported earlier. Their Investment Company managed to support their signings thus far: Abbas Hassan (keeper, Elfsborg), attacker Ajdarevic of Örebro, Bobbie Friberg Da Cruz of GAIS and Florén of Elfsborg. On the minus account: midfield virituoso Bamberg.

Syrianska FC

Touma, Arneng and Durmaz are new signings we know of. Well done. But Skenderovic left for Norway. They must certainly find a replacement in one of the defensive spots. Yet to see one though. Will they find one in time for the start of the season?

Trelleborg

We heared earlier of attacker Drugge leaving for IFK Göteborg. Now we can report that defender Tuomo Turunen have signed for the club. He was on loan from IFK who eventually agreed to soell him. Their signings of less known names from small local clubs wont be enough?

Örebro

Nordin Gerzic was thought to leave the club. But there has been very little surrounding this lately. Örebro are to be congratulated if noone would snatch him. He really bloomed last year. One of the better players in Allsvenskan 2010. Attacker Pauhlino left the club. He also had a fine season. Replacement for him and Porokara, Ajdarevic and Bassombeng? Defender Anttonen haven´t prolonged yet either. Alvaro Santos was said to be going to this club. But Santos will propably be going to either a rivaling Allsvenskan club or a division 1 club abroad?

11. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    I'd be quite surprised if Mutumba doesn't find his way back to AIK. From what I read, he's extremely excited about playing for them again. Didn't he get a tattoo pertaining to AIK winning the championship in 2009 (before they even won)!?

Also worth mentioning, Christer Youssef just signed an extension for two more years w/ DIF.

I read GAIS is looking to Brazil for possible new players...will be interested to see what comes from this rumor.

I'm sure they hope Yussif Chibsay recovers quickly from malaria. :eek:

A former Swedish National player like Marcus Lantz would be a great signing, no doubt! Any idea if he would be happy playing for Häcken? He's been with Helsingborg a total of 9 or 10 years during his career...I'd imagine he's pretty comfortable there.

Is Malmö expected to be a top team again in 2011? If they lose any key players, it could be big trouble for them.

I'm sure they'll find a replacement...they don't want to risk relegation!

12. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    UFF DA: Thank you for filling in the missing parts. It´s difficult keeping track on events as news is coming in all the time concerning Silly Season. Always interesting hearing your thoughts.:)

Kind Regards Ifkgötet

13. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    I like IFK's chances in 2011.

Also, I'm liking ifkgötet's avatar. Looks very smart. ;)

[​IMG]

14. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg

ifkgötet=IFK Göteborg

My two favourite clubs.

I think there are many question-marks concerning IFK. They are looking for a left defender at the moment. They have resources but they are holding tightly to the money under the pillow. They had a dismal last season. Their roster is not impressive at the moment. But a lot can still happen during the Silly Season. IFK are looking into the possibilities of building a new arena. They have already started building the most expensive training area with facilities in the whole of Scandinavia. So I guess their emphesize at the moment is more directed towards improving fascilities and arena rather than buying expensive players. I would say that Djurgården and IFK Göteborg currently are the two clubs spending most money in Sweden when it comes to youth-developement.

Go Fire!.....and IFK!

UFF DA: The so called "Fina Grabbarna of Stockholm". Well, I don´t know really. In the video below we can see how they even brag about being bad boys:eek::

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_cJBX6J8c&feature=related"]YouTube - DIF - AIK[/ame]

15. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He looks like he could develop into a great Striker. The way that he holds defenders off reminds me of Arjen Robben, and if he can improve his speed and dribble at top speed he'll be a really dangerous forward.

It's good that they're using the money for long term development rather than spending on high priced players, that got allot of clubs in Germany in trouble.

16. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Silly Season Allsvenskan up-date, 2011-01-06:

* As our Bigsoccer member, UFF DA mentioned: Midfielder Youssef signed a new contract with Djurgården. Important deal.

* UFF DA also mentioned GAIS interest in two Brazilian attackers. This will be their focus especially if they don´t find anything interesting on the Sweden market. Berndt Hulsker and Jan Banan :)eek:means banana in swedish, plus it rimes), are two players they have their eyes on as well.

* During a short span of period Elfsborg has earned around 60 million kronor after selling players (including Bajrami to Twente and Avdic to Bremen). Sports Director Andreasson says they will propably buy two players replacing the above mentioned. But their squad is already good. Remember they bought Jon Jönsson, Andreas Klarström and Jesper Christiansen last season.

* American Under 20 defender Gale Agbossoumond is a player Djurgården are said to be interested in.

* Djurgården`s sporstdirector says they will be putting emphesis on improving their defensive next season. They let through too many goals last season. They also strive to reach a higher place in the league despite the absence of any new big signings to the roster.

* IFK Göteborg approaved an offer by Israeli side Maccabi Haifa at 13 million kronor. Central midfielder Ragnar Sigurdsson turned it down though, saying he´d rather stay in "Blåvitt". His contract expires at the end of the coming season.

* AIK-fans can now look forward to seeing a former AIK player at the club. Videoton today finally confirms an up-coming deal and they will present it very soon. He has a big heart for the club and looks forward to coming "home".

* Not long ago the Gamla- Ullevi arena in Gothenburg was built. But according to a leading figure in IFK Göteborg ,they are prepared to build a new and better one if their current arena deal won´t be improved. The club has already started building one of the most expensive training facilities in Scandinavia. Maybe this is one explanation to why the club isn´t spending a lot of money on buying players at the moment!?

* Örebro have signed competent attacker Andreas Haddad from Superettan club Assyriska. He is delighted and says that Örebro together with Elfsborg and Malmö produces the most entertaining and offensive football in Sweden at the moment.

* Malmö`s right winger Molins turned down two offers from Italian Serie A clubs.

* The Superettan club Örgryte from Göteborg have serious financial problems. Therefor they have sold some very competent players to Allsvenskan clubs. Such as f.ex Zavadil to Mjällby. Häcken is one of the clubs being very interested in Örgrytes striker Santos.

17. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Silly Season Allsvenskan up-date, 2011-01-07.

Kalmar: We have mentioned Kalmar`s interest in the Kosovo players market. Now it is confirmed that the East Coast club have signed contracts with two players from the unofficial NT of Kosovo. Both contracts are for 3 years. Alban Dragusha is a 29 year old central defender. Ranked as one of the better ones in the Albanian league. Technical and experianced. The second player is Albert Bunjaki who is a physically strong player that can be used almost in all positions. But he will propably be used on the flank.

Djurgården: There is definitely big interest for Djurgården´s, Gambian goalie Pa Dembo Touray. But the club is also keen on keeping the mighty goalkeeper. His contract will expire coming season. He says himself that DIF is the club in his heart and he is still interested in staying. He produced a really fine past season for the Stockholmers. We´ll keep an extra eye on this guy in the near future.

Mjällby: Technically sound midfielder Osiako´s contract expires soon. Surprisingly no club have yet bought this player. Likewise surprisingly, attacker El Kabir is still at the club. There has been a lot of rumours surrounding these two players all through season. Clubs being interested. Now Mjällby is said to rethink. El Kabir´s contract spans towards 2012. And they are currently discussing a prolonging of Osiako´s contract.

GAIS: The club is now intensifying their search for a central midfielder, as Richard Spong got injured during a training yesterday. He´ll most likely be out for the rest of the season. He was supposed to be the guy challenging for a midfield spot with Johan Mårtensson and Ruben Ayarna.

Malmö: 25 year old central midfielder Ricky Kruys might be leaving the club. Malmö gave him permission to test train with other clubs earlier. Kruys was bought from Utrecht in Eredevisie, Holland. He didn´t become the instant success the club had hoped for. The competition for a midfield spot is tough in Malmö FF. There are several competent midfielders to choose from.

Halmstad: Striker Anselmo is rumoured leaving for his native Brazil. Botafogo are highly interested. Dutchman Alexander Prent won´t get his contract prolonged. Central defender and veteran Zvirgzdauskas finally prolonged with HBK.

Örebro: They lost Pauhlino but replaced him by signing Haddad. They lost Bertin zé. Will ÖSK therefor re-school Fredrik Nordback becoming a central defender? Sports Director Sjögren says Örebro are foremost searching for a right defender and a left forward.

ifkgötet

18. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    My friends at KanalGlenn have gathered all goals scored by IFK Göteborg the past season, 2010:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJbWoo9aL5I"]YouTube - Kanal Glenn: Målkavalkad 2010 (Del 1 av 4)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GcoOYUuEXc&feature=related"]YouTube - Kanal Glenn: Målkavalkad 2010 (Del 2 av 4)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdNoOHvaxtM&feature=related"]YouTube - Kanal Glenn: Målkavalkad 2010 (Del 3 av 4)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9hgtkfCMkA&feature=related"]YouTube - Kanal Glenn: Målkavalkad 2010 (Del 4 av 4)[/ame]

19. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Very important deal...glad to see managment pulled this off with seemingly no difficulties.

Jan Banan is an awesome name! Even if he sucks at playing fotboll, GAIS would be wise to have a player with that kind of name on their roster. ;)

This isn't surprising. As has been pointed out before, management is making youth a priority. I just hope it pays off...

This is a good strategy. DIF had 42 goals against last season...only three teams had more goals against (the bottom three teams)! :eek:

Getting Touray signed on for an extension is the MOST IMPORTANT step towards an improved defense...this is my opinion.

I think we all figured this...Mutumba loves AIK and will definitely be happy to be "home."

I hadn't heard about this. I think you make a great point, this is probably why IFK isn't spending money on buying players.

20. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Ah! The (not so) Nice Guys of Stockholm! I'll have to check this video out when I get home...YouTube is blocked here at work. :mad:

21. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Pics coming in from the ongoing construction of the new arena in Kalmar. It´s a rather small arena but it suits their needs as a smaller club:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
  23. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
  24. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Looks like a very nice arena. I'm sure Kalmar will be very happy with it...thanks for the pics...I've been curious to see what it looks like. :)

Now bring on a new Östermalms IP!

25. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Silly Season up-date, 2011-01-08

Trelleborg: The club´s first choice goalie, 19-year old Victor Noring is testing his luck in English Premier League side Fulham. He says that he will lengthen his contract at Trelleborg if he wont be sold in January.

Häcken: Dioh Williams might be on his way back to Häcken. He didn´t do that well over in Denmark at Århus. He was also on loan to a russian club as well. He will propably sign a rather long contract at Häcken. George Mourad, attacker who´s played a couple seasons in Norway is also a player that interests the club. We´ll see the outcome soon.

Djurgården: Zambian player Boyd Mwila was on loan at Djurgården from financially weak Örgryte. He has now signed with DIF spanning up until 2012. He is a rapid and technical offensive player.

Swedbank Arena being built in Northern Stockholm where AIK will play:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]