Swansea City vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Double, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How did Klopp's team make out today?

Count Chocula repped this.
  2. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .and what have they achieved? 2nd perhaps.

i say its pathetic cause they make everything soooooo difficult. against SwaCity, game should have been over at halftime.

3. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sissoko really does nothing for me. its not just the mistakes, but I don't see anything on the debit side of the ledger either.

only match I remember him doing much positive was first Man City match this season

4. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and yet, under Redknapp, Spurs were fragile and had to hang on with fingernails with late leads. under AVB Spurs were not only fragile, but the style was awful and boring and negative as well.

Poch has created something worth watching and the team has a bright future, IMO. many of these players are still young, we are watching them grow and improve before our eyes

all done on half the budget the rest of the top 6 have

BalanceUT repped this.
  5. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    You have a remarkably distorted view of football.

BalanceUT repped this.
  6. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    apologies, i'm hard to please when it comes to football

7. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    linky no worky for me

soccernutter repped this.
  10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mekarshalev and Count Chocula repped this.
  11. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that I've seen the highlights...Dele was all business after his goal. Son was ecstatic (that was great to see), and I don't think I've even seen Eriksen smile like he did after his goal.

12. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seen on Reddit: talk to your doctor to make sure your heart is healthy enough to support Spurs.

13. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #63 Count Chocula, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    while Ndoukou didn't provide a whole bunch offensively, neither had Davies who he replaced, but Ndoukou was in a more advanced position so that probly cause a bit of change in defensive shape by Swansea, perhaps opening some space on the opposite side for the first two goals? also he did kickstart that final goal by passing out from the endline

janssen did well too, an assist, perhaps 2 if he deflected eriksens shot on goal #1, and a hockey assist on the 3rd

also Ayew coming off didn't hurt Spurs a bit...

delandis repped this.
  14. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    btw of all the teams fighting for relegation, I most hope Swansea survive. they aren't an awful squad, they do probly need an upgrade in defense is all. would love to see both Hull and Swans pass Wet spam in the next couple weeks

15. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he wasn't feeling well, apparently

Klopp: We had the moments and we scored a wonderful goal, and usually you could close the game in one moment. We didn’t, we left it open. And then a second ball after a set-piece and that made me nearly vomit, actually.

mekarshalev repped this.
  16. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That was an absolutely spursy performance for the first 88 minutes and Barca-esque after that.

soccernutter repped this.
  17. calmanalysis

calmanalysis Member

Aug 16, 2008
    NYC
    playing him as wide man in a 3 man attack is doing him no favors. Based on this season's evidence, he's a strong runner with the ball, economical in possession, not a particularly creative passer, not a particularly solid finisher. He is Dembele light, yet we have him backing up Dele, Eriksen and Son, all of whom, while not identical, are clearly a different profile of player. You could argue injuries (to Lamela) and promotions (Winks) caused a shift in the position Sissoko covers. Regardless, the result is what you see on the pitch.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Do you guys think perhaps Janssen should be converted to an attacking midfielder?? Thats what Pool did with Kuijt and he had a good career with them when they figured he couldnt cut it in EPL as a striker

19. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fair enough, I can agree with that. especially the not creative passer part. he doesn't really fit well into this squad, not a well defined role, and surely Spurs could find a cheaper alternative (like they have in Winks) next season as a squad player

20. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he has the quick decision making needed to be a scoring striker in this league. ball falls at his feet and he is taking that split second to decide how to use it and then a defender has come in and made the play. he also doesn't seem to have the timing down on his runs, and if the pass from a teammate doesn't happen he will stop moving and just stand there not really making anything happen & making it easy to defend.

now what he does well is hold up the ball, and can force one or two defenders to cover him while he lays it off to a Son or Dele or Eriksen to score. he has also been valuable at drawing fouls late in matches, wasting time with the lead, etc.

not the backup scoring striker spurs were hoping for, but not a total failure either

soccernutter and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  21. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We're going to totally smash our PL points record this year. We need 72, and we're at 65 now with 8 games to go. Top 4 is essentially sewn up, 5 ahead of Liverpool, 7 ahead of City, 11 ahead of Arse/ManU (though they have a game in hand).

The 'Spursy' word will always be there, for critics and rivals to bring out whenever the team disappoints. Ten good results can be eclipsed by a single bad one, and those who choose to can shake their head and say 'same old Tottenham'. (Exhibit 1: last season.) The truth is, the performance and consistency of this team is streets ahead of where Spurs teams have been, for decades. That 10 to 1 ratio is not that far off, this season... we should appreciate that. Over 12 years or so, the general trajectory of this team has been upward, until now we are close to the top. It will always be a competition, and on a given day, any team can beat any other (Chelsea-Palace). We may not win the title, this year, next year, the year after... but it's no longer a pipe dream.

8 more games. Plus the cup. Enjoy the ride.

22. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    A good midweek for North London and West London, a bad one for the Northwest. I don't know what is more shocking, Man City's defending or Moussa Sissoko's ineptitude.

23. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Shows what a good coach Poch is - he has actually found a use, however limited, for Janssen. If only he could do the same for Sissoko...

24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i was a reyt grumpy bassad for 91 minutes, there.

then I was really happy.

I still am.

soccernutter and BalanceUT repped this.
  25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I agree 100% with your assessment.

So how about converting him into a MF'er then??