Survivor - Season 33 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ismitje, Sep 22, 2016.

1. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    1. Stunning #1-- I had no inkling, thought Zeke was simply one of those roly-poly gay guy types (to the extent that anybody is a "type")

2. Stunning #2-- A practical, real-life demonstration that the worst behavior can come from the most unexpected places. I actually missed what he said at first because, well, I didn't actually miss it but assumed I misheard it and he couldn't have.

It gives a sort of insight into, among others, all these cases involving misbehavior by cops, for example. They can't all be steroid-fueled SS wannabes in their lives up to whatever incident brings them notoriety; and here is a similar case, an individual under stress doing exactly the opposite of what is expected of him and what he expects of himself.

3. Was pretty impressed with the show's presentation of it. One of Probst's greatest hits...

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just watched on the DVR, and this is what stands out for me. Everyone reacted in the right way, and Probst's handling of it was masterful. The tribemates, whether they yelled at Varner (Tai, Debbie), cried (Andrea, Sarah) spoke very calmly and directly (Ozzy), sat mostly quietly (Zeke) - it was a remarkable reaction, all of it appropriate. But Probst really showed class.

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New season - Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers - and people went a bit batty right away. Most batty? The one Mom not saving the other friend when she had the power to do so.

4. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I dunno, the more I think about it the better a move it seems. The tribe doesn't lose a stronger member, nobody's mad at her, she's still playing, and even if they lose again, she's the swing vote, and mistrust already exists in the strong four.

There is some risk that if they lose again they get rid of their weakest anyway, her, but she's got something to work with if they are forward-looking at all. And there is bound to be some sort of shuffle early-- a tribe of four against two tribes of six is going to keep losing and the producers know that.

5. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I believe she voted for her as well…a [potentially] weak player with a strong advantage who was too afraid to do anything with it…or perhaps, just too damn earlier to be making big moves and placing a target on your back…a lot times, the best tactic early on (1st couple of votes) is to just keep your head down...although 3 tribes makes that a little harder...

6. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Any other move severely weakened her team forcing them back to tribal over and over

7. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Red played it weird but level-headed until he was voted out, and then everyone sucked. He was pretty foolish all the way through. What a weird tribe. Certainly the fisherman seemed to have said too much to not get voted out.

8. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird season overall - neither Mrs. Ismitje nor I are particularly enjoying it. Challenges are fine, but the people haven't been compelling us for some reason.

9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody still with the venerable show? We are pretty happy with the new season so far.

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty satisfying to see the full-of-himself professional poker player - who talked about his superior observational powers - get blindsided in the first Tribal Council of Season 39.

taosjohn repped this.
  11. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last double episode, with a terrible example of sexual harassment being downplayed and then taken advantage of by other players, has me determined to chuck the rest of this season. Disgusting, with no redeeming anything other than Jamal telling the other guys they were full of shit in a very clear way.

12. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I don't blame the game, I blame the players. Especially the Air Force vet, who should really know better.

As for Dan, we've been seeing him do this all season, even before the talk and editing called it to attention. He may not be aware of it, but if not there's something pretty powerful in his unconscious mind driving him, and he needs to locate it and confront it. His feelings are obviously not in line with his beliefs, if he articulated those honestly...