Survivor - Season 33 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ismitje, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's back - season 33. Gen X vs. Millennials. Here we go.

2. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are they bringing back the older girl with the fantastic body. She used to say I am strong in the core and she was :)

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I work with college students and have for 16 years, meaning all of them are millennials. And thank god they aren't like many of the people on that tribe. Their camp building approach was stunningly inept.

4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It wasn't computer generated for them.
    Shame they took them to a motel for a time out. Yeah I suppose :)

It's interesting though to see people of that age who have never really done anything in their lives. I know it's the way of life in America these days. Just odd to this "Old" guy. :)

5. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    My dad's generation (baby boomers) : fix their own cars, houses, can't work their phones.
    My generation (Gen-X): Still do a little bit of that stuff with help from youtube, and can work our phones.
    Millenials: Don't want to do any of that stuff even with help from youtube, champs with their phones.

Winners: Gen-X:D

usscouse and Dolemite repped this.
  6. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeah... But I'm older than yer Dad. Worked with computers when we used keystrokes.... And I'm on my phone now.
    I can do it all. :)

7. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I remember when people actually walked to places because no one owned a car. When people worked a six day week with one day off and did not feel they were being taken advantage of.

When daily duties for the children to do was helping them to learn that working every day is not a bad thing.

People once they were married tried to make the marriage work even through the bad times. They did not take lawyer's advice when they told them to do things that will hurt their kids and their wives. So they can pay less later.

Yes it was hell living back then.

I did hate all the prejudice back then. I just thought if someone was nice to me they desired respect back. A people don't hate a person hates. Why does he hate? As Charlie Chaplin said in the great dictator "only the unloved hates",

Lastly, you could buy 20 cream and jelly donuts sort of like Duncan doughnuts for a dollar.

I could tell you how much rent was back then, but you will never believe me.

8. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I missed a whole chunks in the middle of this show then came back and watched the last three.....

....and I'm pissed. Just before the final vote the guy who saw he was about to lose. Broke down sobbing and told everyone his mother was dying of cancer.

OK my heart goes out to his mother. That's a rotten, a cruel way to end a life.

But this guy wins a million dollars with everyone voting for him.

I doubt he'd have made 3 place on his own.

9. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    The thing is the other two didn't do squat to get there. MAYBE Hannah should have won, she did make some moves, but Adam played the best game of those 3.

SpencerNY repped this.
  10. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Yeah I have mixed feelings. I don't like Survivor turning into the "Make A Wish Foundation" for the finale. I also don't think Adam was a goat though. He played the hardest of the three in my opinion but his victory is clouded out by all the sympathy cards that he had been playing ever since he first revealed his mom's condition to Jay.

I don't think Ken or Hannah played nearly as hard though so that's why I'm ok with it. Ken tried to play old fashioned Survivor. Hannah wasn't nearly as influential as she made herself out to be--a bit of a hanger-on up until the last couple rounds.

usscouse repped this.
  11. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Agreed. I think Hannah did make some moves but she was definitely overstating her case when she talked about how she was pulling strings.

12. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When it got to four, Hannah and Ken were hosed: either David or Adam would sweep the vote. It had nothing to do with him breaking down at the tribal council though it did with Jay; the questions were definitely going his way.

It was a good season, even if the early episodes were so annoying because of the way the millennials were portrayed (or portrayed themselves). They became much more complex and interesting people later on.

13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Still have this bad taste in my mouth and it's not Spendor! :)

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The new season - Game Changers - launched this week. Anyone watching?

15. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Yup, looking forward to an Ozzie/Malcom pairing/showdown!

16. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    i want Sandra gone so bad. how many times are we going to hear THE QUEEN STAYS THE QUEEN before she's voted off? so damn annoying

17. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    She's gone next. That little performance as she won the vote was ridiculous.

18. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that was a good twist. Having the tribes come together to vote for a single person was a great way to mix things up, and if Sandra had gone then there would probably be no complaints with how it shook out. But Malcolm was headed towards the final handful of people, and he's right: JT blew it for him.

19. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    JT is basically on death row now. His tribe won't trust him and his biggest ally is gone. He got screwed by trusting the other tribe. He said it right upfront, his guess is they would go gunning for Malcolm, he was right.

20. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man, Sandra is so good. She totally set up JT to make sure he would not play the idol. She almost certainly talked it out with Varner, but she was flawless at Tribal.

21. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Sandra played JT nicely. However she also seems to have the faith of her alliance. She was sounding in the tribal like she was going to keep JT, that might have shaken others, but it didn't.

I've like Sandra in the past, but can't stand her this time around, her ego is huge. She adds nothing to a challenge, but yet still wins.

Sounds like more twists coming this week, exile island coming back and a returning survivor? My hope is that it's Russell! That would shake things up. He is probably one of the biggest game changers ever. And you know he wants to win.

22. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    adios Sandra. The Queen stay the queen indeed

23. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought she pulled it off for awhile there. Editing maybe.

24. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    well that was legit jaw dropper.... what a crappy thing for Varner to do. hope something positive comes out of all that for Zeke

25. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    I do like how Jeff, and everyone, called him out on it. It's a freaking game, you weren't getting the million anyway, how do you know what level of "out" he already was.

I read an interview with Probst, the show knew and agreed it was not their business to have it come out, it was his, at his time and decision, even Probst was like "WTF"

Shame is, I think he actually had a chance to stay if he hadn't of tried that.