Survivor Cambodia - Second Chance

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ismitje, Sep 24, 2015.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #101 usscouse, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    The part I hate next to the the the "f'kin loved ones visit", is the walk through.

Remembering the suckers they voted off and trying to sound sad about it.

2. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Wow! Three hour finale tomorrow. Wednesday. Three Tribals.

That's a large pizza and 6 pack night.

Alberto repped this.
  3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesssssss!!!!!!!!! very fitting finale to a great season. The backstabbing, controversy, emotions, drama etc. it all came together so well.
    I'm happy
    Show Spoiler
    Jeremy
    won but I'm a little disappointed that only kimmi saw the one chance to take out the eventual winner.

Now for next season....Caleb from Big Brother? oh man can't wait to see beastmode crash and burn

4. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    That tribal that took out Kimmy was strange! Keith, who had no votes, suddenly was almost out. Wonder how long it really took them to sort out the rules off camera.

I think Spencer had a legit shot, but his bully statement to Jeremy threw it all away.

I didn't watch the entire show, but did they ever 'revote' as if Kelly was still in the running? I think she might have been able to beat him based on the faces of the jury when she was voted out

5. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    That was a pretty good finale to a not so good season. Kelly went down swinging didn't she? And as the ref said Keith nearly went out without a vote against him. We didn't like that.

Tasha just didn't get it at all she actually thought that she'd "somehow earned" a place in the final 3. She was useless in challenges, did she even look for an idol. Never offered a threat in anything. That's the only reason she was there and pretty much ignored at question time.

Spencer had a chance but as pointed out he shot himself in the foot.

The show is over so WTF. A sweep for Jeremy. I thought Spencer may have picked up a vote. But a good result a good emotional win for Jeremy.

The game has changed so much over the years and not, for me, in a good way. Some of the challenges are good and rightly don't always favour the athlete. They don't bother with survivor rewards like fishing gear any more. When was the last time someone climbed a coconut tree. The only time they hardly even have to go and idol hunt, now someone gets a note as to where it is.

No, these last few seasons it's just been all sit around and trash talk.

I said a while back the the show is big brother on the beach and now we're getting people from big brother. ugh!

So I'm out of this and amazing race next time around. Life is too short.

6. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    #106 SpencerNY, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Someone needs to walk right up to Savage and slap that ridiculous beanie off his head. Embarrassing.

Kelly cleans up real nice like don't she? :inlove:

I'm disappointed that Spencer didn't win it all but I understand how his Mafioso behavior over the last couple of shows probably doomed his chances. I just don't feel that Jeremy was impressive. I recall him being on the verge of making countless bad decisions at tribal but other players constantly having to convince him to do otherwise. He played the wife and kids need a million dollars card though and I guess that was good enough.

7. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Oh, bravo to Keith for not going through with the cheap fake idol ploy. If they aren't going to ban crap like that from the game I'd like to see using one to influence people come with some kind of penalty--like maybe an extra vote cast your way in the next round.

I have a feeling I'm not going to get much agreement with me on this.

8. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This season was great. Best one I've seen in recent memory.

9. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I agree pretty much. More blind sides than you can shake a stick at.

10. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    I liked some of the shake ups:
    - splitting from two to three tribes, then back again, talk about throwing alliances into an unknown
    - I really liked the idols. You find the location, but you have to grab it in front of everyone. I thought this was a great twist.

As for the fake idol, Keith played it subtly before tribal and I thought it was going to work. He even moved it around so it would be seen at tribal and he had Jeremy worried. If it were me, I would have pulled it out JUST BEFORE the vote and put it around my neck. That doesn't give the other three time to talk. Based on a past show Jeff won't verify it's real until it's actually played. It's a million bucks, pull out all the stops or you are going home.

They have to keep doing things to shake up the format and keep people guessing.

hard to believe Kelley lost about 25% of her body weight, she was skinny to start with! Yike.

11. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing about the fake idol is that it didn't give the other three any real reason to change their votes. If they believed it was real, they were still at the mercy of whomever Keith and Kelley decided to vote out. If they panic and change their votes, most likely at least one of them votes for the same person that Keith/Kelley chose, which gives them the same result they would get with a valid idol play. So even if they were completely spooked by the possibility of the idol, they might as well stick with voting for Keith and take their chances.

taosjohn repped this.
  12. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Not really, you could use it to force a tie. You knew they were voting spencer, that's two to him. You break the three you control into two and force a tie. Spencer and Keith are now out of the re-vote, Kelly is out of the re-vote as she had immunity. You then have control of who goes in the re-vote. So it was within Spencer and Tasha's best interest to consider it, Spencer could have possibly taken out Jeremy right there.

13. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the idol is fake and they force a 2-2-1 Spencer/Keith tie, with the odd vote to Tasha, then the re-vote is a choice between only Spencer and Keith, and the original majority can vote out Keith. But if they can do that, they might as well vote out Keith with three votes the first time.

If the idol is real, every scenario ends up with Spencer getting voted out. That means the three have no power in the case of a real idol, so they have no reason to make voting switches based on the fear of a real idol. Either they are powerless or the idol is fake. So they have to decide their votes based on the only scenario where their votes are relevant, which is the fake idol scenario.

taosjohn repped this.
  14. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone needs to walk right up to Savage and call him out for being the true arrogant prick. I thought he was a load most of the time.

15. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unlike Probst, I did not think this was the best season of Survivor ever. It was a good season, but all of the hype by Probst and several cast members was heavy handed. Same thing with the unheard of never happened before comment. Okay, so the vote ended in a tie. It's bound to happen.

usscouse repped this.
  16. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure it was bound to happen @Alberto - we've had tie votes before - but not with three people immune from two idols no one knew were out there, leaving one person left to bear the brunt. That's about as unlikely a scenario as I can imagine, which is what made it so fun.

I wish someone had told Wigglesworth she could vote for the other people rather than pick a number. I get it was a throwback to season one, but it was pretty lame.

17. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    And what in the hell did make up do to Probst for the return show. They must be worried about him aging while the show is trying to attract the social kids to it.
    Jet black hair obviously dyed and done up it the high hair style. He looked uncomfortably spooky.

Ismitje repped this.
  18. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The makeup and styling at the reunion shows has befuddled me for a long time, just not usually with Probst. They make a lot of good looking people into something else by overdoing it significantly, year in and year out.

sitruc and usscouse repped this.
  19. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. So it has never happened before, logically it could, I doubt the odds were astronomical given the small number of contestants left. It was not an oh wow moment for me. Your mileage may vary.

I would have told Wiggleworth, I'm not indulging you by choosing a number. You lost that way, too bad you could have opted to say no to that stupidity.

20. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any idea what happens if the final vote ends in a tie?

I've always wondered why they do a jury of 10 with 3 finalists when that means that there could end up being a tie. I'd think a smarter route would be 11 members of the jury and only 2 finalists.

Alberto repped this.
  21. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With three finalists, any size jury can produce a tie. The juries used to be odd-numbered, but they've been even-numbered for a while for no apparent reason. There were two finalists for the first several seasons, but they switched it to three so that the final immunity winner doesn't have absolute control of his/her opponent, and because they had a lot of mismatches between one strong player and a weak player that was brought along as a no-hope final two opponent. It was fairly easy for a strong player to drag along one patsy, but not so much to drag along two.

The rumor I've heard for a tie is that they would do a phone-in fan vote like American Idol, but they've never had to reveal such a thing.

22. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    But it seemed they changed the rules on ties this year, I think. With the "never before" vote that left Keith swinging in the breeze didn't they eliminate the "ties" from being able to be vote for? If so, force a tie with Keith and now he's safe. Maybe I didn't really follow all of that mess, but didn't they say unless the group got a unanimous decision, then Keith as not being in the original tie, was the only one left.

23. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    She was going to vote for Jeremy no matter what. So whatever number Jeremy picked was the number she was "thinking of".

24. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a tie, there's always a re-vote. It's only if the re-vote is still tied that things get weird. When there's a tie with an odd number of voters and a third-place also-ran, the re-vote is always decisive, because the re-voters can only choose between the tied players.

25. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even more of a reason why it was pointless.