Survivor Cambodia - Second Chance

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ismitje, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're off and running with the latest edition of Survivor. I am never as happy to see returning players as newbies cast well, but at least they were all returners this time.

Premiered tonight 23 September.

usscouse repped this.
  2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The whole old school vs new school is an interesting development. I really hope to see more opportunities for the immunity idol presented in the enticing manner within challenges. I enjoyed seeing kelley struggle with that decision.

I'm rooting for: Terry, K. Wentworth, Woo, Ciera, Jeremy

SpencerNY repped this.
  3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #3 usscouse, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    So nobody watched last night. :)

Well it's back, with some old favs like Kelly from Survivor 1 and a guy we liked, Terry Deitz.
    image.jpg

The there are the ones we or I didn't like. Like that silly, whiny, self important bitch Ceira.
    image.jpg
    and Abi Gomes? Well at least she gets your attention with some of her comments.
    image.jpg

It's always a downer to be voted out first. After his last appearance it was a little bit of a surprise. But he just over cooked his image by coming across as too smarmy. Close run vote and he lost by one vote to ever popular Abi was....
    Vytas.
    image.jpg

Alberto repped this.
  4. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Always amazes me about how some people come prepared. One woman in a dress and dress shoes and a guy dressed for the office, tie and all.

Alberto repped this.
  5. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stupid effing people.

6. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wiglesworth, what a great name.

Abi has not changed at all. What an insufferable ass.

mwulf67 and usscouse repped this.
  7. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Guess I just didn't see the thread title....Duh! Thanks for the merge.

After the vote my first thought was that the women were quick in forming their alliance....But a couple of the votes for Vytas though were from guys, Terry in particular.

That could come back to bite them, getting rid of a guy that early especially one who is a proven asset in challenges. There are several lessor people who should have gone first.....We'll see.

Ismitje repped this.
  8. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The teams really don't seem even to me, not in terms of strength and not in terms of personalities.

usscouse repped this.
  9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeah, that was my point in dumping Vytas. Hope there's a tough challenge next week so that this team will come to terms on their choice.
    My wife is liking that Kassie is back. A loose cannon in the poop! How many times can you change sides. :)

10. Zimm

Zimm New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought voting Vytas out was a stupid move this early, they should have voted out Abi.
    My favorites are Spencer and Terry, plus I always liked Keith, he always seemed like a good guy.

11. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    #11 SpencerNY, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Absolutely. These past few seasons it has felt like idols were falling out of people's butts. They really need to make the contestants work for the idols.

12. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Great name, unfortunate beautification procedures. How many bad botox jobs need to happen before people realize looking like you kissed a clothes iron isn't good?

13. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    I liked the idol twist! Personally I think they should do away with the idols, but I 'm glad they changed it. Good for her having the patience to wait for the right time, could have backfired, but she's got it.

Now the question: does the other tribe have the same type of thing. she could watch for it and call out the person who finds it and grabs it

14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very interesting turn of events. I really thought old school was going to get picked off along with Abi. Yet out of a petty argument everything was turned around. Credit to Varner, he may be old school but he's definitely playing the game.

15. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty solid episode. I am glad someone showed Abi some sympathy whether she deserved it or not, but I am not sure why anyone would tell her anything about a plan or strategy, ever.

Challenge was good, and the strategy was too.

16. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This looks like a really good cast. Lots of interesting players. So far and particularly last night was a fascinating episode.

17. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    New schools likes to pride themselves in being “experts” on the game, yet last night a couple of them made a huge mistake that turned right around and bite them in the ass…Abi is no saint and pretty unlikeable in many ways, but being that openly cruel and mean to her was stupid move and totally avoidable…old school schooled new school last night…

18. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Poor Spence aligned himself with the wrong people right off the bat. He's a likeable guy but all that teary-eyed groveling was kind of pathetic. It seems the youngsters have a lot to learn from the oldsters.

19. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much of the old school - new school conversation focuses on skipping tasks like shelter building to go straight to "game play" and strategizing. But in the earlier seasons there was way less food being handed out, a lack of potable water, no camp luxuries being handed out, way different weather patterns, less "free fire" opportunities, and just generally more difficult living conditions all the way around. You needed to focus on the shelter/fire/water, and/or you had fewer calories and hence less energy to just strategize. I understand many of the changes were to make the rest of the show more enjoyable to watch (some of those seasons where you had people shivering in the rain for weeks on end got old, as did people so exhausted they could barely move), but to credit "new school" with changing the game when it was essentially changed for them is false I think.

Last night's episode also showed once again what a classy guy Andrew Savage is, immediately understanding what Jeremy was experiencing when some thought Jeremy was off in search of an idol.

sitruc, taosjohn and usscouse repped this.
  20. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    What's funny is Peih-Gee was the one who brought things crashing down for Spencer and Sherin by mouthing off about Abi within earshot, but she didn't suffer any consequences. I guess the irony of that is, Peih-Gee wouldn't have been mouthing off in the first place if Abi hadn't made such a stink about her bracelet.

What a tangled web they already woven, lol.

usscouse repped this.
  21. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Calcio Pauly repped this.
  22. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Will this team get stronger now that Spencer has seen the light. :rolleyes:
    Or will they continue to bleed players week after week.

23. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you watch the preview for next week?
    Show Spoiler
    they switch to three teams

24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    P-G is so dumb. Good for ratings with the drama she creates, I suppose, maybe, but I cringe when she talks.

25. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Missed that, second...no third chance for Spencer.

Perhaps the producers didn't want to see one team beaten down to nothing again.