survey and free gift

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Ismitje, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm all for the survey and would've filled it out regardless of the "free gift." But if you advertise a free gift, something should be forthcoming. 5% off at the store doesn't seem to qualify - I have to do something else that costs money to actually use the gift I supposedly received for free for filling out the survey. Even then I'd be okay with it if I could redeem my 5% off on my next purchase, rather than before April 1. I didn;t plan on a purchase before then, and 5% is hardly likely to get myself or anyone else into the store unless they already planned on it in the first place.

Again, you could do away with the gift altogether, and I'd not complain. If you keep the gift, extend the deadline (not revealed until after you've finished the survey).

Some people complain about everything - sorry!

2. Godot22

Godot22 New Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Waukegan
    I have to agree, as well. I didn't do the survey expecting anything big, but calling a one-time 5% off at the store until the end of the month a "gift" smacks of the old bait and switch.

3. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    WTF did you expect for taking an internet survey?

Goodness.
    Just take the survey because you support the site. Who gives a crap about the free gift.

BTW, I'm still stylin' in my free hat I won in the Premium Member drawing.