Surprise webcasts

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by espola, Sep 6, 2019.

1. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    The games at UC Davis this weekend (Bakersfield 5PM today and Air Force 1PM Sunday) will be featured on BigWestTV internet channel.

https://bigwest.org/watch/?Live=2213

BWTV says the game is at 6:30PM - does the Davis field have lights now? Or is it delayed?

2. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    The webcast started neither at 5 or 6:30, but at about 5:10, well after the game had started. Single camera, no announcer, just background audio and that went away after a few minutes.

1-1 at halftime, UCD on a PK near the 40:00 mark, and Bakersfield with a long diagonal to the right, then a header to a header off the Davis keeper's fingertips less than a minute later.

While typing this, the audio came back for a few seconds.

3. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    We got an announcer in the second half, although he spent the first 4 minutes or so just saying "Test" while it appeared he was adjusting the reverb.

Davis scored from a stolen GK and a run straight at the keeper. FInal score Davis 2:1 Bakersfield.

4. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Then I switched over to the Detroit-Mercy at USD game on WCC channel. Multiple cameras, some replays, and an announcer that sounded like he knew what he was doing (although he called DM "Mercyhurst" once).

0-0 at halftime.

5. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    USD scored in the second half on a low screamer to the left post to win 1-0.

6. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Continuing my weekend fulfillment -- I tried to tune in the UC Davis/Air Force game, but it only shows a "technical difficulties" page. Live stats shows it as UDC 1:0 AFA at 63:00,

Meanwhile, I watched the WCC Network webcast of the USD/Belmont game. USD won easily 3-0. Miguel Berry (of Poway) scored two and set up the third (his free kick into a defender's header, and then the keeper knocked it into the head of a USD player - the rebound went in). He also had another nice chance - a hard shot of a bouncing ball that bounded off the football hardware behind the soccer goal. He leads the team now with 4 goals and two assists in 4 games.

Just checked the box score - they gave Berry an assist on the 3rd goal described above.

7. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Final UCD 3:0 AFA

8. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    I started out yesterday with Sac State at UC Davis - single camera, no announcer (Davis won 1-0).

Next up - a few minutes of USD at Pacific. The game started earlier than I had thought it would, so by the time I tuned in Pacific was already ahead 3-0.

I caught most of the UCSB at Cal Poly game, which is usually a high-quality broadcast, and it was the best of the day, (UCSB won 2-0).

I linked in to the Northridge at UC Irvine live stats page, which reports a score and time summary in the tab so I can watch something else at the same time, surprised that there was no video (Northridge won 1-0).

I watched Riverside at Fullerton intermittently, mostly with the sound off (I don't like their announcer) until near the end when he was about popping his cork over Fullerton's come from behind 2-1 win on 2 PKs (the last after a Suarez "save"). The referee has his hands full in the second half -- (from the box score)

Penalty Summary
    PERIOD TIME FOULS
    Cal State Fullerton
    2nd
    57:51 Yellow card - Federico Ucar
    Cal State Fullerton
    2nd
    60:56 Yellow card - Sam Molz
    Cal State Fullerton
    2nd
    73:14 Yellow card - Jonick Pineda
    Cal State Fullerton