News: Suriname United for 2014

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Surinamese-man, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Ado Den Haag - National Team Suriname 1-2

2. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Barbados,Trinidad & Tabago and Jamaica were invited by Suriname to play in the Parbo Cup tournament against Suriname,but these countries have not responded.

I would have liked to see our Caribbean brethren playing against the new Surinamese team,it would have been a major challenge.

3. Brokostong

Brokostong New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Suriname has recovered from serious errors against French Guyana.(0-2 los)

Suriname / Suriprofs - Guyana 5-1:D

Frans Guyana - Antigua and Barbuda 2-1

4. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    I couldn't see the last match Natio/Suriprofs - French Guyana,but for what i've heard,the Natio/Suriprof team played far more better then French Guyana.Suriname played constantly offensive with so much presure and constantly on the fieldside of those French Guyanees players.

But because of 2 fatal errors,French Guyana could take a counter attack which ended 0-2 for French Guyana.Suriname could easily win with 6-0.

Besides,captain Edgar Davids and Coach Aron Winter had previously warned that the combination of Suri professionals with Surinamese players could pose some problems.The reason for this is because they don't know each others game (or atleast not yet) and they are not yet accustomed.

It seems that Stanley Menzo, Aron Winter and Wensley Bundel fixed those errors very quickly man:).And that's why it ended with 5-1 win for us.But the basis has been established for the new Surinamese team in the future.But there is still more to be done,there will be more corrections to build op a good Surinamese team.

5. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    [​IMG]
    Edgar Davids and president Ronald Venetiaan shaking hands with the
    mixed team players

Suriname had initially used a few profs and many Surinamese players against French Guyana to see how it would work.The combined team was the better team,we had very many opportunities to score,but indeed,there were some errors.

The second match against (British) Guyana for Suriname was like this:

3 players from the Surinamese National Team
    8 SuriProfs
    Score : Lens (2 goals), Drenthe & Sordam / + 1 own goal Guyana
    Goal for Guyana : Travis ‘Zorro’ Grant

So today,if we beat Antigua and Barbuda,then this experiment succeeded.

This is the news article in the Guyana newspaper (Stabroek)

Suriname demolishes Guyana 5-1

Guyana continued its losing ways in the 2009 Parbo Bier Cup when it lost 5-1 to host Suriname last night at the Andre Kampervene Stadium.
    According to team manager Lawrence ‘Sparrow’ Griffith, the Dutch men fielded a team featuring former Dutch international midfielder Edgar David and several other professional players who made light work of the young Guyanese team.
    The Surinamese opened the scoring in the 23rd minute but the Jaguars through Travis ‘Zorro’ Grant pulled it back in the 30th minute as the two sides ended the first half with the score one a piece.

[​IMG]Edgar David

However according to Griffith things took a disastrous turn as David began to lead his team on serious raids against the Jaguars defence being manned by Captain Howard Lowe. It was stated that the inexperience of the team came out tremendously with Lowe being forced to ‘overwork all night’.
    The Dutch men added four more goals in the second half with the final coming at the sound of the referee’s whistle to signal the end of the game.
    ‘Sparrow’ mentioned that when the coach Paul James saw the score at 3-1, he sent some of the new players to have ‘a feel’ of international competition at the senior level.
    [​IMG]Travis Grant

In the first game of yesterday’s double header, French Guiana gained a 2-1 win over Antigua to move to the top of the table since they defeated the Surinamese 2-0 on the opening night of the tournament.
    Guyana will play the French men tomorrow at 5 pm local time and would be looking for a win to salvage some pride.

6. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    According to this source of information (Kaieteur News Guyana) were 7 Suriprofessional players and 4 National Surinamese players.​

Guyana go down to star studded Suriname 5-1, French Guiana beat Antigua 2-1

June 7, 2009 | By knews | Filed Under Sports
    Led by former Dutch Professional footballer Edgar Steven Davids and six other professional players campaigning in Holland, Suriname whipped Guyana 5-1 in their second match of the 2009 Parbo Bier Cup being played at the National Stadium in the Dutch Speaking Nation.
    French Guiana chalked up their second win of the tournament with a 2-1 effort against Antigua & Barbuda.
    But while the Guyanese, whose lone response came off the boot of Travis ‘Zorro’ Grant in the 30th minute might have lost, team manager Lawrence Griffith is of the belief that the young team did well against a professional unit.
    The Surinamese took the lead in the 23rd minute before Guyana equalized, but the host team regained the lead in the 3rd minute of added time, 48th. The other goals were scored in the 52nd, 86th an own goal by Quincy Madramootoo and the 93rd.
    Griffith reported that Grant, Dirk Archer and young goalkeeper Richie Richards, all had a good game despite the result. Head Coach Paul James in describing the game said that it was difficult for the Guyanese to get the ball out of their half in the first half while noting that the defence of the opposition was stifling.
    Suriname was led by Davids who played as a defensive midfielder most recently for AFC Ajax. Griffith said that the dreadlocked Davids, who plays with protective goggles during matches since he suffers from glaucoma, was still a very effective player.
    Davids was one of the players chosen by Pelé to be featured in the FIFA 100 list of the world’s greatest living footballers.
    Guyana will at least seek to salvage some pride when they take on French Guiana in their final game this evening. The host team and Antigua will clash in the final match of the tournament.​

7. Guyanapower

Guyanapower New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Didn't i told you guys that Suriname would blow us away with such a team?It was also an unequal football match.Guyana used only local amateurs and most of them are youngsters.The profs we have are to old now,so even if we would use our professionals,you guys would still have beat us anyway.I remember the past year,Guyana used professionals while you guys playing only with local amateurs and still we couldn't beat you guys in our own national stadium.I remember those results,it was 0-1 loss for Guyana outside and 1-2 loss at home.

8. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Chill out bro,it's only a friendly match;).Think of it as a test for your National team to test their skills. It is logical that Guyana didn't send their professionals,they do not want use their old players for the qualification battle's for the World Cup in Brazil 2014.At least,that is what coach Paul James has said about it.Guyana wants a fresh and young team to start with because in the long run,no one can perform for eternity,that's a fact.

And yes,we won against Guyana in the WC Qualification last year,but did you see how much we suck against Costa Rica-ES-Cuba and Barbados?That's why we're busy to change the policy around our football mentality and we defenitly need our "Suriboys" from the Netherlands.Suriname can not do it by its own,it's just impossible and everybody knows that,we just need our people from Holland.

But anyway bro,just start focus on your match against French Guyana today and make sure you guys win from them.:)

9. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    French Guyana - Guyana : 3-2

10. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Suriprofs/Natio - Antigua and Barbuda : 0-0

11. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Suriprofs/Natio - Antigua and Barbuda 1-0

Goal : Poki

12. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Final stands

Natio/SuriProfs - Antigua & Barbuda : 1 - 0
    Goal : Poki

Winner parbo Bier Cup 2009 : Frans - Guyana

Parbo Bier Cup 2009 :

1...Frans Guyana 3 9 pt
    2...Natio/SuriProfs 3 6 pt
    3...Antigua & Barbuda 3 3 pt
    4...Guyana 3 0 pt

13. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Ok Guys,we have been away for a while.And still there are no important political decisions!The longer they wait in Paramaribo,the longer it will be too difficult to make any chance in WC-2014,Goldcups,or whatsoever.Those Surinamese politicians should be more in a hurry to change that freakin retarded legislation!Why in heavens name is it so hard to change that immediately?

In any case,there are games scheduled for january 2010 during the winterstop in The Netherlands.This means that the SVB will conduct another expiriment (Suriprofs mixed with Surinamese players) based on the previous expiriment (which was a succesfull match).The possible countries that might be chosen are:

Cuba
    Jamaica
    Trinidad and Tabago

And later in 2010 (probably some of the Central American Countries)

Costa Rica *
    Panama *
    El Salvador *

*It is very unclear whether these countries will be invited by Suriname.However,those countries are listed in some of those Surinamese newspapers.

I wonder what they are going to do and how the organization will be established.

14. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    There will be a decision,but only after the 2010 elections.Perhaps because the politics in Suriname have not been able (yet) to change the constitution before the elections.But i must admit,it is going too slowly.And it is very strange.There was an investigation team appointed to examine the possibilities of the dual nationality issue.The report about this isseu was that it was a very difficult thing to change the constitution.

The only reason that I think of,is because some of the Surinamese politicions are very afraid for those 400.000 Surinamese people living in the Netherlands and USA.Why?Because they could rule and drive the country from outside.
    Now,if you ask me,it's an insane and a ridiculous idea!!And because of that, you can clearly see in what time some of those Surinamese politicians living in!Somewhere in the year 1900 or something like that!Clearly subordinated!!That's why you see a little or no development!!

Look at Jamaica for an example.Do you see Jamaicans outside of the country taking over the entire Jamaican nation?Do you see that?And what about the USA,Costa Rica,Trinidad and Tabago or any other country in the world who allows dual citizenship.They all have used their mind for God sake!!!

These countries have constructed their constitution in a way that it is not possible to rule the country from outside in case of dual citizenship.It's not that difficult!!
    If somebody in India for an example leaves the country whit a dual citizenship (English or whatever),they can comeback and stay and work anytime as much as they want,accept for politics.You can't vote for somebody in India outside the country untill you come and stay a couple of years in India.That's the deal!!!

Now most countries have settled this in their constitution,and like you have said,i don't know why it's so difficult for Suriname (for now at the moment) to do the same thing.I don't see any problems with that!And let me tell you another thing.Some of those Surinamese politicians are woman.And most of them are against that dubble passport thing.Now,i have nothing against woman in politics,but most woman in general have no understanding about football!(I'm not talking about the womans who playes soccer),It's still a men thing,a men sport,it's men against men in generaly,it's something that most woman can't understand and those woman must not interfere with our men business thing!

If they don't have the knowledge about football,let them bake a cake or cook or do something else!!

15. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Yes,i've read something about that too.They have not been very clear about this news.Except for Trinidad & Tabago,Jamaica and Cuba,we can't invite little small islands anymore for the future!If Suriname wants to test their mixteam,we have to challenge bigger opponents.Then we can see where the country stands in terms of strength and what we need to do to make that team better.With all the respect to Netherlands Antilles,Guyana and French Guyana,Barbados and so on,but they are to weak and inefficient to use them against the mixteam.
    If they invite those islands again....it would be a waisting of time again!

16. Brokostong

Brokostong New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam

Surisoccer,your right.We have to wait and we must be patient.the
    elections will start in may next year and it will be very exciting.The

government parties New Front will lose this time,because the Mega

Combination will take over power.That's my opinion.There were polls

recently wich shows that the New Front parties will lose dramaticly next
    year.New Front was responsible for all this and they think that they can get the way with it.It won't happen again,they forget about one important thing,and that is those youngsters!And most of them have chosen for the Mega Combination,espescialy for the NDP Desi Bouterse.The old guard has had it's longest time,no more granpa's with their old dusty ideas!They have to move and make place for new fresh people with fresh idea's and vision and guts!

17. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    WTF?

shi.t thread.

18. Brokostong

Brokostong New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Well look it here,mr Crap talk himslef,thanks for visit idiot:D

19. Kingston-King

Kingston-King Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Jamaica
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    What are you doing here?Can't stand the fact that they will be a danger for you hm?:D

20. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Look,if you have nothing to say,go border somebody else,or go digg up other threads son;)

21. 13370

13370 Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Surinamese-man we from the caribbean have our own
    sub-forum .Anyhow , I would like for Surinam or any other Caribbean team
    to do well in world cup qualifying 2014 .

22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I apologize i dont know what i was thinking...

23. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Thanks bro,we appreciate your support;)
    You're right,we should discuss our stuff in the Caribbean forums.

Brokostong and all others,lets end here.We have discuss this political situation enough.The difficult thing is,we can do nothing about it and it only make sense if Suriname change it's direction.I'm sure it will happen,but don't ask me how and when.I hope the next year but like i said before,the longer they wait,the longer it will be very hard to perfom better cuz we need every our,every second.Cuz if they keep going on like this,we might see Suriname in WC 2018 and not in 2014.Time is money!

24. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have a couple questions. Why didn't you guys play with surinam pro's before? Why are you starting to now? What changed for this to happen? How is it that Davids can play with Surinam after he played with Holland?

25. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Thanks for your questions,i shall try to answer them.The Surinamese professionals can't play play for Suriname at the moment because Suriname doesn't allow dual citizenship.That's one thing.

About Edgar Davids and why he played for Suriname was because he wanted to work with a team expiriment started by the Surinamese Federation.Remember,it's not an official team (yet) and not recognized by the FIFA (yet) untill Suriname has change the required rules.It's not possible anymore for Edgar to play for Suriname,we all know that,but he wanted to be a example for all those young professional players to play for Suriname when the time is ripe.

And a lot of them are ready to play for their country,it's only a matter of time,because the Surinamese president already promised to do something about that law.It was commissioned by the Surinamese Federation because they want to make a comeback in the original level and even more better like before.However we will not assume that everything will be easy,it requires many sacrifices,especially for a country like Suriname with only 500.000 inhabitants.But it is certainly not impossible and ofcourse most will depend mainly on the Surinamese government.