Supporters (Texian Army/El Battalion) tickets - update

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Kevin Lindstrom, Aug 22, 2006.

1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Looks like the game is just about sold out.

As of 3:30 CST, on Ticketmaster, if you search for 1 ticket you can still get one for $55, $45, or $35 but if you search for two tickets, best available, you get Standing Room Only for $30.

I guess there might be some more tickets that get released from sponsors or other sources but I wouldn't count on it.

2. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the Dynamo ticket reps mentioned this afternoon at the City Hall rally that only about 1,000 tix were still available at that point.

3. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably. I don't think he'd pay tens of thousands of dollars for buses, food, etc to sit back and watch the game on TV.

4. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the city hall send off today, One of the FO people was telling us that it looks like there will be 5 or 6 thousand orange fans there at PHP. % sections full upper and lower . Will be awesome to see.

5. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston

I called Kevin around 4 today for 2 more tickets in 123. I know Ticketmaster is out, but I'm hoping he has a few left. If not, I'll take 1.

6. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't. The supporters holds are gone, as are pretty much all other holds.

We do have SROs. And we can sell another 1,500 or so.

And I'm still here, still selling. 214 705 6748.

7. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you guys got a count on how many Dynamo fans will be going to MLS CUP.

I heard Standing room only tickets are being sold since seating is sold out.

i would love to see a lot of orange at PHP

8. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX

Somewhere in this post is an estimate of 20% sold to known Dynamo supporters. If you add in all the people who bought tickets randomly It could be 5-7K Of course, I have no real idea.

9. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That will suck if these are not supporters of the Dynamo. If there a bunch of FC Dallas fans in the section that won't blow over well.

10. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I am not too worried about it. I do believe there will be several thousand making the trip. I grabbed a bus voucher today and I was about 300 on the list at 2 vouchers apiece. That is 600 people on the bus alone (if they all are used), and it is only Wednesday. I also think that hard core FCD fans may root against us but the ma and pops might just root for a Texas team against the yankees.

11. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know we sold 500 on Sunday at your game. I know we sold about 500 to the supporters directly. The Houston FO and we sold another section or two exclusively to Houston folk. So minimum, 2k, probably closer to 4k, mostly together. (Some of the sideline seats are mixed in with other fans. Most of the corner seats - where 123, 122, etc., are - are almost, if not totally, exclusively Houston fans.)

There will definitely be a lot of orange in the house on Sunday.

12. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There won't be many (any?) Dallas fans in 123. No need to worry about that.

Outside of 123, please do remember that this is in fact our stadium, so yeah, there are going to be some season ticket holders and other fans who are coming to the game and they have as much of a right to be there as anyone else.

Let's be smart about this, shall we?

13. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You must be one of the most patient, hard working people in Dallas. Hope you make the big buck$$$$.

:cool:

14. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    Drum'r Boy makes it all happen for us in Dallas.
    He is very good and I know he will take care of yall.
    He will ensure yall have a great time.

15. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When someone told me that I could get paid to help facilitate what is my passion in life, help build the league that was the center of my life outside of work, it wasn't even a matter of thought. But I've been around this thing for eleven years - I knew what I was getting into.

And selling MLS Cup to supporters means 14 hour days, lots of headaches and a lot of monotony (to help facilitate, I actually ran about 75% of the credit cards filed - talk about mind numbing!), but also I know that when I see you guys rocking the house on Sunday, it will all be worth it because it will be a great moment in MLS History - another stake in the heart of those who don't believe this league will make it. If you're at PHP on Sunday, you'll know in a way words can't describe that the league Matters. The fact that we can basically tell every doubter of MLS on Sunday to suck it gives me immense satisfaction. Just like last year. And I'll take every opportunity to help participate in moments like that as I can.

So let me thank you for taking advantage of the opportunity to love your team the way a team should be loved. You are making the most of the chance that few get. Chicago got it. DC got it. To a lesser degree, LA got it. But beyond that? Few clubs get a chance to have this kind of success and passion in their first year, and it has long-lasting affects on the team. You haven't let this opportunity pass - you've grabbed it with both hands and ridden it as far as it would take you. You did no less than anyone could wish for.

Rock on.

16. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said. :cool: Now, go get some rest. You've earned it. :D

17. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard that army officers have a saying, "We'll get our sleep after the war."

Sleep starts for me on Monday.

:)

18. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    I'll be the first to admit that after all the hard work that Drum'r Boy (and lotsa other Dallasites) are putting into this it's gonna be hard to go back to the Dallas sucks thread. I'll wait till next season. :D

Good job Drum'r Boy and gang, you guys are going to host a great show and we'll do our best to keep our side of the bargain. See ya'll on Sunday!

19. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The word class and professional quickly come to mind.

On behalf of all of us die hards. Thanks Kevin.

Here's to Texas. New England is going down!

20. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX

My thoughts exactly. I will have to put that aside for a few days. This is Texas versus the north.

21. CAM Soccer

CAM Soccer New Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Houston
    I wonder if this is one of the guys who got beat up?

22. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Did anyone else get their seat locations when they got their tickets from Kevin?
    All I got was 'your tickets will be at will call'.....

23. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct. Because it has taken more than enough time just to take all the individual orders, let alone put them at will call. I unfortunately don't have an automated program to tell everyone where their seats are and don't have the time.

I am working with the SG leaders to make sure that everyone will be happy with their locations as best as possible.

24. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Thanks Kevin,

I can understand your delimma of not having alot of time. Thanks for handling request.

It's just a little un-nerving spend the money to drive/fly all the way to Dallas, garauntee tickets to companions, pay for a hotel etc, with the only proof of a ticket being an email on a scrap of paper.

Ace

25. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW the Will-Call window is open 9-5 on Saturday, so if you're going early you can pickup your tickets then.