Supporters Section?

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by rickbendes, Feb 13, 2009.

1. rickbendes

rickbendes New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Austin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a supporters section yet?

I'll be flying solo most of the time so I'd like to sit with a group of people :D

2. Budaztex

Budaztex New Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Depends, are you a gorgeous blond female?

3. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there is lad. Pending it's going to be the southeast corner of the stadium, but I say pending because Matt, and others, mentioned to Phil at the meeting last Sat. that they would like to have it moved to the southwest corner, where the home boys will be comming out. But yes, one way or another, a supporters section is/and will be designated for us fanaticos.

4. forzagalaxy

forzagalaxy Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Austin, azTeX/SB, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I hope that before the season starts, Chantioco's Army can have a meeting so as everyone can meet and greet and yada yada yada. There are some of us who failed to make it to to many game because the team was actually located in RR, but now they are actually the AUSTIN Aztex, so I (we) will be at every game. Anyhoo, I'm sure said event will take place at cuatro's hopefully during happy hour.

5. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forza, we actually had our annual meeting last Saturday following the USL1 tryouts, however it won't be out last. If you want to know what was discussed, go to the News section of the Army's website. It was a great time, with Phil and Kay Rawlins providing some answers to questions that those in attendance had on their minds.

I would encourage anyone interested to visit www.chanticosarmy.com to find out all of the events we have scheduled (both at the bottom of the main page and in the Calendars section). Items that I've already uploaded are a watch event for the Stoke v. Portsmouth match, and the pre-match gathering for the NE match.

Additionally, anyone interested in joining Chantico's Army can send an email to info@chanticosarmy.com. You have the option of being added to our email alerts.

You can also check out where the Supporters/Crew section is at Nelson Field by visiting the Army's USL1 page, where we a diagram with the various seating areas identified (thanks to the Aztex for posting it online as well).

6. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great post gray one (or should I say El Presidente), lots of good info. I was starting to wonder were all my rowdy friends would be sitting at the games.

BTW: are you in contact with these other crews? I have got to think that Chantico's Army is the biggest and most organized right now. Although Lone Star Delinquents is an awesome name.

7. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did go to the LSD organizational meeting, and met Mike and the other leaders of LSD. The Aztex are going to have a leadership council of the various supporters groups and crews, or which Chantico's Army is officially a member. I don't know what the numbers are for the other groups (LSD, the Univision crew that's forming, the UT crew that's forming) but Chantico's Army now has 22 registered supporters. To everyone out there who want's to register with the Army, just send an email to info@chanticosarmy.com. The belief is that folks will likely be members of various groups, as each group/crew will have a particular focus. Chantico's Army is about the yelling, the game (meaning stat's, who's being signed), and being around folks who love the Aztex. Personally, the more Crews and Supporters Groups we have, the better.

8. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    huh 22 ya say? Guess, for the time being, will have to change are name to Chanticos squad.:p
    Kappa Mike of L.S.D ounce showed me an e-mailing list he had and there were around 23-25 names and addresses on it, including mine. :rolleyes:
    And before you guys get all "traitor" on me lets just say I'm going to stand, sing, and drum with whoever is the loudest. Soo thus the reason why I plan on having multi "memberships".

9. Blackburn

Blackburn New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I was kinda hoping we could get a 5 on 5 tournament going between the supporters groups at some point. Maybe as really awful halftime entertainment or something. But it could be a fun charity thing.

10. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    good ideas/ i here good things. we must make our own fun.

11. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone wants to sit with my mom and I, we have an extra cushion. Bring a megaphone.

12. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what crew does your moms roll with? And how many pints can she down in 90 min?

13. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My word of advice to you guys is to stay in one section. No one group is big enough to be separate from the others. If you guys really wanna make some noise, ya need to be sitting all together.

14. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    comprendas CCS. It's been done, and done but regardless much gras for the advice. ;)

15. clevelandstoker

Aug 12, 2004
    Youngstown, OH
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    And please learn "Delilah". It's the best "football" song of all time. I see there's another thread discussing songs to sing, but this one is a no-brainer. Sing it loud, sing it proud.

Play up Stoke! I just wish the Potters had a presence in Ohio again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQdh0spLU7M"]YouTube - Stoke at Leeds singing Delilah[/ame]

16. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well lad thats a hot one, especially commin from a potter mouth such as yourself. On the one hand there are big sister club and we should, on the other hand we need ta make our own and we all ready have a nice idea for a song of our own.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyqYfFtLhd8&feature=related"]YouTube - Lonestar[/ame]

lets just say some of those sceens remind me of nights out in the hill country here in Tejas.

17. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a nut shell last night was like trying to shove powder and shot down a cannon that had not been properly prepped. The cold didn't help either.

2,000 + for an exibition match not bad ey, and again I assume you lads would agree with me when I say it would have been more, and the energy would have been easier to tap, had it not been soo bloody cold/windy.

But here are my main complaints pertaining to the areas that need to be worked on.

Firstly we need ta get "EVERYBODY" togethor in the same place at the same time who has any kind of noise maker, drum, flag, etc. The word needs to be spread, in particular to the brave little indian dudes, where the supporters section is. There was even a group of kids holding up a union jack with "Forza Aztex" on it that could have helped us a lot visually. And secondly "We need to practice lads" either just by getting
    togethor regularly at matches or before hand, or somethin. :confused:

I wasn't surprised at all, reality began to set in as I drove up to the stadium but I was hoping to be surprised I guess. In the end though.

"I HAD A BLAST LADS!":D

18. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alejo, relax

You are not in charge of anything, so please stop acting like that. I like chanting clever limericks, but as far as singing dopey songs, that ain't going to happen.

Personally, I liked sitting with the indians in the second half better anyways. I could see the field better, and it felt more like the supporters section.

We're not Chantico's Glee Club.

19. JC Tottenham Hotspur

Apr 12, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, well done to the Indians. I love those drummers.

In regards to making noise this year, one major drawback will be the concrete floor :( At Dragon we had those metal bleechers so that everytime we had a corner, or 'we will rock you' was played, the stadium shook with us stamping our feet and creating a great atmosphere. That was sorely missed last night, plus it would have kept my feet warm :eek:

20. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    sorry but i just had to do it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thh3zzmMsiw"]YouTube - Who elected you leader of this outfit?[/ame]

21. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    probably the best chant i have ever heard. way better than lonestar

tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

you must copy and paste.

22. FrogHammer

FrogHammer Member

May 26, 2005
    I have to say that I thought the supporters group sounded great! That was something that was missing during the u23 games and it really added to the atmosphere of the game. I am thinking about dusting off my dgembe drum and joining in but I think I might detract from the rhythm. Great job!

23. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I have to say that first, I think Section Z is not going to work for us if the prohibition of moving between the east and west continues. It separates those of us in Founders Club and the rest of the west from the supporters which is not cool.

Second, I really liked it in the second half having the supporters chanting on the west side. Primarily because we could hear it. While on the east side, we saw you, but that was it.

Third, I think flags, banners and noise makers will really go as far if not farther than songs. So I would encourage everyone to bring drums, trumpets, cowbells, anything that makes noise. You can even get the stadium trumpets that you hear at a lot of the Latin American games. The site that I've linked unfortunately has sold out of red. You can also get banners made for about $30 at this website. A hint, if you design the banner so it's on it's side, you can turn it into a flag.

I think what we'll find is that as the noise comes, so will people. As the more people come, the volume of our collective voices will be ready for primetime.

24. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the spirit of helping make more noise, I'm going to order a dozen, 27.25" red soccer stadium horns for the Aztex match. I get one, then I'll offer them out to whomever would like one (limit one per person). I don't know that I'll have them for the Houston game, but would hope that I'll get them in time for the Columbus match.

25. hailhailhoops

hailhailhoops New Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Salado, Texas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agee with the previous comments on section Z. We should be on the same side with the founders club. The second half noise was awesome and had a much better feel to it. That being said, I think it would be good if we had atleast one song we could do at the start of the game when the players hit the pitch, but what song???