Supporters Alliances

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Legion04, Jun 22, 2008.

1. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    who?

2. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ya know, the team that beat arsenal this weekend.

3. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that I'm going to continue trying to forge a supporters alliance with a club in Germany. I was given a contact in the Crew Front Office who might be able to help with making this work. Since I didn't get a reply from St. Pauli, do you guys want me to try again or move in a different direction?

I'll be living in Berlin starting next summer, so I would be able to easily take banners/shirts if we should forge a partnership with Hertha Berlin. However, St. Pauli is only 2 hours by train, so that is also very reasonable.

Thoughts?

4. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Saturday, I learned that apparently there is someone in the Crew FO that has an in with St. Pauli. As soon as I learn more, I'll shoot the info your way.

5. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont see the harm in trying St. Pauli again.

6. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, it's a bit of a conflict of interests for me, being a VfB guy. I'm curious Die Alte Dame's association with Karlsruhe, particularly since they are both 1. Bundesliga now.

Look, VfB is total money. In fact, if I had any time to pursue this, I would suggest going that route. Unfortunately I don't have time to help except for a few fingers pointing a way. I mean, if you want awesome TIFO, just look at the Cannstatt Commandos and the Ultras Lost Boys.

http://www.cc97.de/index2.php
    http://www.lostboys99.de/

Some of their TIFO is intense and we could learn from them a lot.
    [​IMG]

Great Photography: http://www.lostboys99.de/fotos/fotos-0809.htm
    The big stuff is pulled out in the game against Karlsruhe.

Here is a pretty sweet video too:
    http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5145751/0809_05_Derby

Just something for one massive team to learn from another :)

7. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Gi us a home top while yur at it:D..XL..I'm sorta fat..:(

8. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, since the letter to St. Pauli failed way back in the summer...I think that I'm going to restart the effort to find a sister club in Germany. This is what I have in mind:

Since St. Pauli was pretty much a consensus on the boards, I will send them another letter in both English and German. I will give them a week or so to respond. If they do, then we move forward accordingly...if not then we'll move on to other clubs and follow the same sort of pattern. Right now the clubs on the table (or have been mentioned at some point):

FC St. Pauli (Pretty much #1 choice on the boards)

Hertha BSC Berlin (The club that originally gave me this entire idea and where I'll be for an entire season)

VfB Stuttgart (KaiserKraut's favourite club and a power in the Bundesliga)

Dynamo Dresden (Our sister city and they also have similar colours)

---

I encourage others working on the potential partnerships with Yellow Fever in NZ as well as this Charleston Battery thing that's been floated. I can concentrate on the German aspect of this.

9. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is what I found out: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15967300&postcount=298

10. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would vote for Hertha after St. Pauli

11. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Kaiser's pick is getting thrown in I might as well put in a word for BVB's supporters group The Unity. :p

[youtube]i3x3s883Z2w[/youtube]

And they have already taken a liking to our logo
    (I believe this image is from an away reserve match)
    [​IMG]

12. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's brilliant, not to mention the colors fit rather well.

13. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like we have a winner

14. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright...since it looks like VfB Stuttgart has a lot of friends already, let's try contacting them in this order...

1. FC St. Pauli
    2. Hertha BSC Berlin
    3. Borussia Dortmund (BVB)
    4. VfB Stuttgart

15. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to send them pretty much the same e-mail I sent earlier this year. Here is the letter, it remains unchanged (except I took out that I'd be Hamburg during early September). Below are the English and German versions of the e-mail.

-------

To whom it may concern,

My name is Nick Dilenschneider and I am a representative of Columbus Crew fans of the Nordecke. The Nordecke is comprised of three independent groups: Hudson Street Hooligans, Crew Union, and La Turbina Amarilla. These three groups are extremely diverse. Hudson Street Hooligans represent an energetic younger generation of supporters. Crew Union has helped give us a European flavour of vocal support. La Turbina Amarilla is a group that brings us the constant rhythm of support prevalent in Latin America.
    The number of people in the Nordecke continues to grow as does our reputation around Major League Soccer. We recognize that we must network with fans from around the world. After discussion and debate, we would like to form a friendly partnership with the fans of FC St. Pauli. We like the diversity, stances against racism and fascism, and uniqueness found at the club of St. Pauli and amongst their supporters. For this attitude and mentality, we have only respect and high regard.
    With this alliance between our fans, we will not accept or extend any other offers of partnerships from/to other clubs in Germany. If you accept this invitation of solidarity, members of the USP and all fans of St. Pauli will find a second home in Columbus and will be welcomed in the Nordecke.
    Please consider this offer. This would be the first official partnership between supporters of an American club and a German club. St. Pauli represents the first choice of the fans of the Nordecke.
    Thank you very much for your consideration.

-Nick Dilenschneider
    Representative of the Nordecke

An die zuständige Abteilung,

Ich heisse Nick Dilenschneider und ich bin einer Vertreter von den Columbus Crew Fans der Nordecke. Die Nordecke ist von drei unabhängigen Gruppen beinhaltet: Hudson Street Hooligans, Crew Union, und La Turbina Amarilla. Diese drei Gruppen sind sehr mannigfaltig. Hudson Street Hooligans repräsentiert eine neue Generation mit vielen Energie. Crew Union gibt uns eine europäische Variante mit stimmlichen Unterstützung. La Turbina Amarilla ist eine Gruppe, die uns den andauernden Rhythmus von Unterstützung gibt, die man in Lateinamerika finden würde.
    Die Anzahl der Menschen in der Nordecke und auch unsere Reputation in Major League Soccer wachsen. Wir anerkennen, dass wir mit anderen Fans in der Welt vernetzen müssen. Nach Diskussion und Debatte, wir möchten eine freundliche Partnerschaft mit der Fans des FC St. Pauli beginnen. Wir mögen die Diversität, die Haltungen gegen Rassismus und Faschismus, und die Einzigartigkeit bei dem Verein und den Fans von St. Pauli. Für diese Attitüde und für diese Mentalität, haben wir nur Respekt und Hochachtung.
    Mit dieser Verbindung zwischen unsere Fans, wir werden keine Angebote von anderen Vereinen aus Deutschland anbieten oder akzeptieren. Wenn ihr diese Einladung der Solidarität akzeptiert, Mitglieder der USP und alle Fans des FC St. Pauli werden in Columbus eine Zweitwohnung finden und werden in der Nordecke empfangen.
    Bitte bedenken Sie doch dieses Angebot. Diese Verbindung wäre die erste Partnerschaft zwischen Fans aus einem amerikanischen Verein und einem deutschen Verein. St. Pauli repräsentiert die erstklassige Entscheidung von den Fans der Nordecke.
    Vielen Dank für ihre Betrachtung.

-Nick Dilenschneider
    Vertreter der Nordecke

16. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The letter has been sent to Ultra' Sankt Pauli. I say we give them a week (so next Wednesday) to respond. If they don't, we move on to Hertha Berlin.

17. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    Good work there Legion

18. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think we should look into the Dresden club seeing as though we are "sister" cities.

19. bigal614

bigal614 Member

Oct 19, 2008
    columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats massive

20. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have a winner!!!

21. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    this whole thread is hilarious :D

22. Troy G

Troy G New Member

Apr 18, 2008
    WMATA
    Club:
    DC United
    They gotta do something to keep up with us out here in La Barra Brava. :cool: See you guys Sunday!!!;)

23. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like your club will have to do something to keep up with us out here in Columbus. I would say "don't fall behind" but you guys are a little late for that.

24. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    Make sure you bring our trophy :D

25. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United