Supporter Club Questions...

Discussion in 'Chivas USA Supporters Clubs' started by sikolec, Feb 3, 2012.

1. sikolec

sikolec Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, I've recently moved to the Los Angeles area and am seeking a team to follow. I'm from the Bay Area and have attended a few San Jose Earthquakes' game, but they were located a little too far away from me to fully support them. Basically I only went to a few games that they would have at Oakland Coliseum.

I've been a fan of the MLS for a few years, but never fully followed the league from beginning to end (nor had a team to follow). This season I hope to follow the league for an entire season. A key aspect to this is finding a team to support. With my move to LA, I decided that I am close enough to the HDC to actually make this happen. Not only will I be able to attend games (hopefully purchase season tickets), but also hope to go to viewing parties and follow away games on the tele.

Now as everybody is aware, there are two teams in LA. LA Galaxy seems like too much of a bandwagon mentality for me to join. Now I don't mean there fans seem that way, it is just that they just won the MLS Cup and would be too easy for me to bandwagon on a winning side. They have some great players, but I simply don't think they are the right team for me.

This leaves Chivas USA. I have done some research and like the mentality of the club and the supporter clubs. I do have a few questions about supporter clubs, etc.

I have done some research and know that there are three supporter clubs for Chivas USA; Union Ultras, Black Army 1850, and Legion 1908. Now I've pretty much eliminated Legion 1908, because to my understanding they are more so supporters of Guadalajara and happen to live LA (please correct me if this is wrong). As for the others...

Can anybody give a good pros and cons of both Union Ultras and Black Army 1850? Or at least a comparison of what each bring and kind of the general feel for the groups?

I will most likely be going to these games by myself so would love a group that is welcoming, has fun tailgates, and makes the experience enjoyable. Not to mention a good internet forum to discuss things (although this forum may just do the trick for that).

Sorry for the long post and any information or insight you may have would be fantastic!

2. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    If I were in your shoes i'd go with the Black Army. I have read both boards and lurked around enough to know they are who i'd want to join or to sit with at a game. Plus their gear is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler than UU. I'd wear their stuff on non game days.

But there is no wrong answer. I would encourage you to try them both out, then make a decision.

Legion can kiss my ass.

3. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
  4. hugo90301

hugo90301 Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Lawndale, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Both groups are made up of cool people, you will be warmly welcomed by either one as long as you are a CUSA fan.

The UU is setting up a trip to san diego for the Xolos game if you want to check us out before the season starts.

welcome to the CUSA family...******** the galaxy

5. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The Legion 1908 brought MLS supporters culture to another level
    Props to them because at one point they were the best, the UU and the BA are just an extension of what they did here in LA

With out Chivas Guadalajara --- Chivas USA would have never existed
    With out the Legion 1908---- the Union Ultras and the BA would have never existed
    I’m sorry for the long post but here a quick feed back and some background of our club and the supporters any more questions please post been there since day one I’m sure I can help you out …. Check the videos on YouTube that itself can tell you a lot

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdNdSBuFMIc"]Union Ultras 2011 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMo-XXBrI0A"]Union Ultras - YouTube[/ame]

6. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, if Im not mistaken , if it weren't for the San Patricios there would be no UU or BA1850. Two thousand seven was the birth year of a phenomenon that exists today in sections 138 and 101.

Either section, you can't go wrong. Bring ear plugs.

Chivo repped this.
  7. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    lol you trying to troll me?

8. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You are right elac let me rephrase that
    With out Chivas Guadalajara --- Chivas USA would have never existed
    With out the Legion 1908---- the San Patricios would have never existed, Union Ultras and the BA

as I mention before we are just an extension of what the Legion 1908 brought to the MLS and to LA

Hovz1105-naaaaa you troll your self buddy :D

9. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    nope... and the legion are douchebags. :D

10. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That confirms what I posted :eek:

11. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Cool story, bro. :cool:

12. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    We have no scientific evidence to confirm the Legion's douchebag levels.

Back on topic please.

Someone help this man get some tickets to the home opener!

13. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey brother let me know how many tickets you need
    Your tickets are on the Union Ultras !:D

14. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You guys must really want me to get shot... or at the very least stabbed. Messaged relayed; I will post less and lurk more. :D

Just realized messages were direct to original poster. disregard please. thanks.

15. sikolec

sikolec Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you all for the valuable input. I plan on checking out both groups throughout the season.

16. BlackArmy1850

BlackArmy1850 New Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
  17. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please support the cause!
    We would like to give every student a chance to carry their future with them.
    Please bring your backpacks on Feb. 18th!

18. armani

armani Member

Dec 18, 2007
    so is the legion still attending chivasUSA games?? from what ive read, they are mentioned in past tense, thats why i ask. can anyone elaborate??

19. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    End of an era. Although, I still think they support the Mexican goats.

20. armani

armani Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Is there a specific reason they stopped attending, security issues? expensive seats, or what exactly was it?? A few years back i always attended the derbies and loved the passion and energy they brought, especially that one time they had this huge banner that covered the whole GA section up to the grass. So did they this year just decide to stop attending?

21. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They only support the Mexican goats. Their motives were never driven by love for Chivas USA.
    Too much drama, violence, blood, and repeat incidents to ignore. Our FO finally took a stand and banned them.
    Section 101 and 138 are the only places for real Chivas USA love and support.

22. armani

armani Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Wow i had no idea this happened. Was it this year??

23. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have ever have a scab you can't stop scratching and then it never heals? Well, It's healed and I'm happy about that.
    Time to look to our future and leave the past!

Truhero repped this.