Supercoppa/Coppa Italia 19/20

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Dec 10, 2019.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He was injured during summer, no one was going to buy him since it was a long term injury. He's not injured now though, time to get rid of his salary

2. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Ah yes, the patented Allegri high line...because Allegri was synonymous with high pressing, attacking football. Right.

The attempts to which you go to attempt to keep Allegri relevant and to critique Sarri have gotten comical.

NicktheGreek, juveeer, IcEWoLF and 2 others repped this.
  3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You are too easy. Did you not notice that I spelled allegri with a small "a"? Little play on words as allegro in music means cheerful. But keep up the hate on the former Mister. If Sarri let's his players go out and play, I will be happy. As for the high line, Bonucci may be the problem there. Maybe he allows the line to retreat too much.

4. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I was thinking the same. I remember around the 40th minute De Ligt urged the defensive line to step up to the half way line and as a result the entire team pushed up and pressured Udinese more heavily.

I've never seen Bonucci or Chiello do the same. Allegri also complained about this issue in the past.

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    To the contrary, Allegri is irrelevant at this point. The only one who has been obsessively hating on anyone has been you on Sarri—and it leads to some asinine commentary. They have scored four goals in two of the last three matches and you are still going out of your way to critique Sarri. It’s as silly as your blind hatred of Cuadrado.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It is analysis, not hate. I have always been spot on with Cuadrado. Plays with all heart, no head. As for Sarri, his system sucks. There is hope though.

“You invented Sarrismo, it’s not a term I created. This Juve is not and should not be Sarri’s Juve. It is the team of Cristiano Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuain, all important players who have brought success to every coach they worked with. I am trying to give some small contribution, but we must respect the characteristics of world class players.

“I love to see goals like that with fast passing, but they can only work with players of great technical quality. This team has that. I am happy with how we are working, but this squad has such potential that it could do more. Let’s just say we are getting results now with performances that bode well for an even better future.​

I don't think he has worked with the type of talent he has at Juve. So hopefully he strays from his ways and allows the players to play. It is what we saw yesterday. If he does that, I may become a fan of his.

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    BTW, of all people to talk about hate, come on. You had it for Allegri all last season and still have it now. Look how upset you get when his name gets mentioned.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I think this tournament would be more important if the winner were allowed into the Champion League...

upload_2020-1-16_9-34-13.png

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bring back the Cup Winners Cup.

juveeer, Tifoso and falvo repped this.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah. I don't know why they had to get rid of it…

Maybe its nostalgia but the UEFA Cup also seemed like a pretty strong tournament in those years. At least lot better than the current Europa League.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't hate Allegri. I don't think anyone here hates Allegri. Allegri managed the club well over the time he was here.

What I don't like is when he is lauded as a great manager or given disparate treatment vis-à-vis other recent managers. He isn't a great manager. A manager that simply meets expectations (even perennially) is hardly a great manager. Had he actually won the Champions League, then there would have been an argument that he was great.

It didn't help that his teams played boring, pragmatic football either. Del Piero was a guest on the ESPN FC podcast yesterday and acknowledged that the reason they got rid of Allegri was that his sides did not play good football.

Tifoso repped this.
  12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yet, until yesterday, we have not played good football.

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    From his quotes, sounds like Sarri likes him some Pjaca.

14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I hope to see more comprehensive defeats like yesterday's going forward.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve will play Roma in the quarter-finals. The game will take place next Wednesday, January 22nd.

Tifoso repped this.
  16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We haven't typically played good, fluid aesthetic football under Sarri. On that we agree.

scirea6 repped this.
  17. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But Juve is more dangerous offensively than unde Max or Conte.

juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Than we were under Conte, certainly. However, Conte had Vucinic and Matri. This guy has Ronaldo, Dybala and Higuaín. I'd say there's quite a difference in quality.

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    You are forgetting Tevez.....

Tifoso repped this.
  20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Tevez under Allegri was fun to see. Conte tied his feet a bit.

21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Conte had him for one season if I recall correctly. Overall there is no comparing the strength of attacks Conte had vis-à-vis Allegri and Sarri.

22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Maybe, but Conte had the best defense and MF we have had in a while and guys like Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba also scored goals. Even defenders like Licht scored goals.

23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Conte had a good squad available but I don't think there is any close comparison when you consider the overall quality of the starting XI he had and, especially, when you consider the depth on the present squad. Allegri/Sarri have had the luxury of guys like Buffon, De Ligt, Ramsey, Bentacur, Douglas Costa, Higuaín, etc. off the bench. Conte had guys like Peluso, Giak (starting at times), Matri, Osvaldo...no comparison.

24. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Really? Apart from attack i'd say Conte's team was stronger on paper than Allegri's in the 2nd half of his term and Sarri's today.

----------------------Buffon
    ----------Barzagli--Bonucci--Chiellini
    Lichsteiner--Vidal--Pirlo--Pogba--Asamoah
    ---------------Llorente----Tevez

That is a damn good starting XI, mid and defense are def better than today.

If Conte was flexible like Allegri, Marchisio could've been slotted into a four man midfield and we probably would've seen allot more success that season.

phat and juveeer repped this.
  25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No US feed for the Italian Cup game either on TV or online.....

phat and Tifoso repped this.