PBP: Supercopa de España - Leg 2 | LPB v FC Barcelona | 16 August 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Aug 15, 2017.

1. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    League match in 4 days against Betis - Suarez injury on Valverde, Messi tiredness on Valverde, Arda snub on Valverde.

So far so good.

james

afar repped this.
  2. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ******** shitmes and ******** valverde , and ******** lucho for bringing that piece of shit here , now he is going to ******** the whole team in all competitions AGAIN because he knows how to suck the coaches cocks , i am done watching his lazy slow untalented ass in the team doing absolutely nothing , don't know how to defend nor attack , such a useless trash of a player .

Forzabarca repped this.
  3. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming Suarez is out it looks like Paco up top on Sunday.

How are the transfers coming?

james

4. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Expensive!!

5. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    not much

6. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    On second thought, I've yet to experience what they felt like. As bad as we were today, it wasn't 5-0, 2-6 or 0-4 bad. Seems like a missed opportunity for LPB...

unclesox, celito and afar repped this.
  7. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Messi will put in his transfer request soon, with the way things are going.

R.Baggio and Forzabarca repped this.
  8. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    im gonna think he will give up this season, save for world cup

unclesox repped this.
  9. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    The only guy I feel bad for is actually Valverde, the guy has entered a rotting sh*t storm.

A corrupt board, making atrocious decisions, and a team in total dismay, rocked by the Neymar saga, none of which he can be held accountable for.

10. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    true but still bad.
    Btw stay away from facebook

11. R.Baggio

R.Baggio Member

Apr 22, 2013
    #136 R.Baggio, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    That's to say you wouldn't have won with Kroos??
    You won the treble then what happened after that?? Kroos at the heart of a dominant Madrid, Rakitic struggling to hold down a starting spot.

I think, you'd struggle to find a team that prefers Rakitic to Kroos.

No, he's not. Paco "I'm Terrified of the Ball" Alcacer is.

At the time it was reported that Barca have an option to sign him for an agreed sum (27M if I remember correctly), like the option they have on Yerry Mina now. Barca offered less and City took advantage.

In the case of Jesus, it was Barca who pulled out. In the case of Dembele, when he was at Rennes he publicly said he dreams of playing for Barca, so I think if they showed him he will be important even if he's not a definite starter, he may accept.

Anyway, individual cases is not the point. The point is that people making the decision nowadays at Barca seem to always opt for / end up with the obviously lesser player, when presented with multiple options.

It's not about nostalgia. It's about replacing departing players with comparable quality. You lose Puyol, you replace him with someone of the same calibre or at least close, not with smoking Mathieu nor with broken Vermaelen. You lose Xavi, you replace him with someone who can be better than the quality of a squad player. So, it's ultimately about showing some competence in decision making about who stays, who leaves and who comes in.

12. R.Baggio

R.Baggio Member

Apr 22, 2013
    35 F*cking Million Things.

thetomg repped this.
  13. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good for you, now go celebrate in your own forum.

14. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I missed the 2nd half today, how did Semedo do?

15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    True, but that was more like a frustrated joke than a serious suggestion.

(fwiw, I do believe Xavi could be a candidate sometime in the future, maybe in like five or ten years, Puyi not sure he wants it)

16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I get that, and I half-agree. I mean, can't Masia produce Alcacer, Andre Gomes, etc kinda back-up quality players even? Who could then either just be squad players (which is fine) or grow with minutes even further. Not to mention that Masia scouts around the world, and should have top quality coaches: has the global youth football talent pool dried radically recently?

17. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't know about that. The board has to be smarter than that, they need to plan short-term and long-term simultaneously. As for Messi, tough to say how much he has a plan in this, but I can't see him prefer to play with Andre Gomes and Alcacer as opposed to equal-level Masia players. Barca means a lot to Messi, and he knows the value of Masia.

18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Agree that it's a waste to bring in players like alcacer who are not better than the likes of munir, delafou and rafinha...arguably even sandro is about his level or not far off

19. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    he did alright actually. he was better after they switched back to their normal 4-3-3. at first he was playing as the RCB in the back three and didn't look comfortable there defending in his own box. looked much better going forward. combined well with roberto.

20. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Luis Suárez: Has scored at least
    six more goals than any other
    player in the last two La Liga
    campaigns
    We may miss him in the opening of laliga. Hard

21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

So Suarez is out for 4 weeks! Damn! Another blow.

So we make fun of Crynaldo suspension for 4 Liga games and we lose our attacker for 4 weeks. Sadly LPB can cope without Crynaldo but Barça without Suarez and Neymar will be begging for mercy.

22. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    if Andre Gomes can play for Barca, then I'm definitely not giving up on my dream of one day doing so. and I'm 37.

Chinky24, R.Baggio, condor11 and 3 others repped this.
  23. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Make that 5 weeks [emoji22]

24. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    it's extremely simple , you just need to have some "special" skills and a tight butthole , that's it.